Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: *G, AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by FFlash
The last paragpraph was great serving
But at least I got my status.
SPBanker, cistavoda and FFlash like this.
Old May 3, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by on22cz

It is surprising that the unlimited coke (read Pepsi) in the PRG poor lounge hasn't discouraged the idiot in question from flying. On the other hand, I can see why it had started the curiosity for better lounges.
We're not talking about the PRG lounge today...
Old May 3, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by strx
I see you have joined FT! Welcome!
Old May 3, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Just in from onboard AY5: the flight is turning back and landing in OSL because of a medical emergency. If you're flying AY6 today then expect severe delays.
Old May 3, 2019, 9:02 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by juhanh
Has global warning really become a limiting factor for flying in Finland?
I have seen exactly 0 mention of global warming in conjunction with flying in the mainstream media of the massive island called Australia.
Friendly reminder Australia is a continent and not an island:

https://www.britannica.com/story/is-australia-an-island

Although Australia is sometimes called an “island continent,” most geographers consider islands and continents to be separate things. According to Britannica, an island is a mass of land that is both “entirely surrounded by water” and also “smaller than a continent.” By that definition, Australia can’t be an island because it’s already a continent.
Old May 3, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
I duly apologise for my attempt at humor.
cistavoda, FFlash, on22cz and 3 others like this.
Old May 3, 2019, 1:55 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by strx
Well, congratulations on the status! And welcome to the FT and AY+ Forum! We are mostly harmless.
Old May 4, 2019, 3:16 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by juhanh
I duly apologise for my attempt at humor.
OK - looks like I was caught by my primary school trauma. I had travel bug since my early days and was excellent in geography. But once I was given 'fail' for stating Australia is an island. So yes - no sense of humor on islands or continents after this experience
juhanh likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Originally Posted by TPJ
Friendly reminder Australia is a continent and not an island:

https://www.britannica.com/story/is-australia-an-island
I thought Oceania (including New Zealand, Pacific Islands etc) was the continent, not Australia?
Old May 4, 2019, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Superrman
I thought Oceania (including New Zealand, Pacific Islands etc) was the continent, not Australia?
In geopolitically speaking, yes Oceania is the continental grouping. Geographically speaking the continent is Australia, from a continental plate perspective Australia belongs with India, while New Zealand (partly) and the pacific islands are on the Pacific plate.
SPBanker and Superrman like this.
Old May 7, 2019, 12:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Had some salads with Cupart. Nice meeting you!

Salad menu
Cupart, SPBanker and Superrman like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 11:42 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by florens
Had some salads with Cupart. Nice meeting you!

Ditto florens. Next time we'll have some beers rather than green tossed salads :-)
florens likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
T1 drop-off

Dropping of my parents at T1 last Sunday there was at first no place to park in the drop-off zone due to all (yes, each and every car had a driver waiting in it) space being taken by people waiting to pick up people. Took this photo a minute later when things had cleared up a little. Asked one of the drivers if he knew this was drop-off zone only and as expected he didn't care.

I've asked the airport several times about this problem (for years) and nothing has happened. Possible solutions:
  • Barrier entry with 10 minutes free parking (like T2 used to have)
  • Dedicated mobile phone waiting lot just before airport entrance (many cars currently wait at the roadside there alreday)
  • Better supervision
  • Single, moving line like the kiss and fly at CPH

I know I've written about this before here, but it just so frustrating!
SPBanker, intuition and Pnook like this.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:42 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
10 minute free is employed at CPH, in all nearby parking houses. Works decently, in combination with app that tells the waiting person when bags are on the belt.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: AY Platinum/OWE
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Dropping of my parents at T1 last Sunday there was at first no place to park in the drop-off zone due to all (yes, each and every car had a driver waiting in it) space being taken by people waiting to pick up people. Took this photo a minute later when things had cleared up a little. Asked one of the drivers if he knew this was drop-off zone only and as expected he didn't care.
This entire drop-off situation is a complete mess now with the renovations and the people waiting at the drop-off zone are a real pain and making the situation a lot worse.

I got so fed up with it that if someone gives me a ride to the airport I just ask them to drop me off near the "back door" entrance by some office buildings which gets me at a comfortable walking distance of T1. I have never seen this road crowded yet, and it has saved mea/us from some very long queues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.