Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Schengen lounge at HEL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
There isn't really that much left to cut back on in the Schengen lounge.
Except those 55 kids some families bring?
ffay005, FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by remymartin
Except those 55 kids some families bring?
Uh? Do we have a Lumo with a harem of 4 guestwifes plus 10 kids each?
r2d2, florens, intuition and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by r2d2
Access for kids in the lounge is an official perk for Golds as well. From Finnair.com: "Finnair Plus Platinum and Gold members can take their own children under 18 years to the lounge free of charge."

But I fear the Schengen lounge situation will get only worse the more travel picks up and Finnair's business will stay more focused on HEL O/D. I don't see Finnair investing in lounge expansion during this crisis they are in. If they want to reduce lounge congestion, they can always cut back on the offerings in order to discourage people from coming in the lounge.
U seem to have grasped the AY marketing filosofy here with those words

Cut back and discourage. Yeah.

”mucha promesa, poca pechuga”
r2d2 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:49 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Schengen lounge has the terrible sparkling these days. Me and my friends asked for Bernard-Massard instead and was told that it’s reserved for Lumo customers only.

So previously we had Lumo champagne and now we have Lumo Bernard-Massard (retailing for a whopping EUR 16,49). Better than nothing, though.
FFlash likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
Schengen lounge has the terrible sparkling these days. Me and my friends asked for Bernard-Massard instead and was told that it’s reserved for Lumo customers only.

So previously we had Lumo champagne and now we have Lumo Bernard-Massard (retailing for a whopping EUR 16,49). Better than nothing, though.
Wooot, AY going Classic here also! Whats next? I asking coca light and they tell me ”we dont have coca light light”
Old Apr 15, 2022, 1:54 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by FFlash
Wooot, AY going Classic here also! Whats next? I asking coca light and they tell me ”we dont have coca light light”
You are joking, but similar happened on board with that Zero Cola. They could have made 2 steps to ask in front of the curtain, but no - why to try to provide any service.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:51 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by lkrt

Oh thats Funny, last visit I asked the lounge manager if they were going to return the LUMO Champagne and she said they now have the Bernard-Massard, would I like some, I said no I only drink champagne and Im not LUMO yet, well not sure what she heard but she brought me a glass of it. Anyways 😁😁
lkrt, cistavoda and strx like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:18 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
Uh? Do we have a Lumo with a harem of 4 guestwifes plus 10 kids each?
Well, I know one Lumo who has at least 2 wifes...
Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:03 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), Hilton Diamond
Finnair's enhancement strategy is working! I'll go to Plaza Arrivals in a heartbeat instead of AY Schengen zoo.
They try to nickle and dime with lighter than light ticket types but with lounges it's harder to execute because F&B is free. So the only option left is to make the food worse (gross) and drinks as "kyykky" as possible.
Maybe they'll eventually find a way to tell us that wine is unsustainable and needs to be replaced with blueberry juice!
FFlash likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by McCarran
Finnair's enhancement strategy is working! I'll go to Plaza Arrivals in a heartbeat instead of AY Schengen zoo.
They try to nickle and dime with lighter than light ticket types but with lounges it's harder to execute because F&B is free. So the only option left is to make the food worse (gross) and drinks as "kyykky" as possible.
Maybe they'll eventually find a way to tell us that wine is unsustainable and needs to be replaced with blueberry juice!
Gotcha. Fermenting into wine is VEEEERY unsustainable as it releases tons of CO2, so better just use the grapes as juice. There we go!
Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:06 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
Lounge today

Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP

Got 17€ voucher which only covers food and non alcoholic drinks. What a joke.

FinnairPlusPekka care to comment?

Reason for lounge closure is lack of staff.
Edit: Managed to by adult beverages at Oak Barrel.
vulle and remymartin like this.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Apr 26, 2022 at 12:33 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 25, 2022, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Quite a long walk to gate 32
florens likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I would take 17 EUR any day in lieu of the terrible Schengen lounge. Buys a whole lot of groceries in Alepa downstairs.
r2d2 and lento like this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by ffay005
I would take 17 EUR any day in lieu of the terrible Schengen lounge. Buys a whole lot of groceries in Alepa downstairs.
We had a 2.5h layover. So I was planning on having a few drinks (for example Lonkero), some snacks and maybe coffee before leaving. Where in the terminal can I get this for 17€?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.