Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Schengen lounge at HEL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:06 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Personally I think those LU Bastogne cookies are the best in Finland. And the tofu made that ratatouille a full meal. As long as it's tasty, I don't mind if it's not authentic.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
After all these enhancements, how about a reduction for once and finally get some runeberg's tarts or pehmiskone or laskiaispulla etc. to the lounge?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by zxcv1
After all these enhancements, how about a reduction for once and finally get some runeberg's tarts or pehmiskone or laskiaispulla etc. to the lounge?
Both Runeberg's Tart and Laskiaispulla are now out of season, you'll have to wait until next year
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:51 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Good luck with that 😀that

ay is all about maximizing revenue and removing perks while saving money. This seems obvious with the way they are soft rolling out things
Old Mar 4, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Ah, this reminded me that there actually was laskiaispulla in the lounge in 2019!
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
There used to be mini-sized Runebergs in J, too. A long time ago.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash

Whooot? They have gone very antiveggy now? Bacon and meatballs, AND NO SIDES AT ALL😁

I know brekfast has been a la carne but No sides and Bacon? Carnivorists thank AY now😂
had the same 2 weeks ago. Asked whether they had eggs to go with it and the lady replied in a rude way: we only have what is on display. The catering staff is very rude
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels

Elementary school fish soup served in Schengen lounge

Schengen lounge sides

The food situation is, in my opinion, getting worse and worse. Last week’s salmon soup has been substituted with something that appears to be leftovers from the Koivukylä elementary school cafeteria. Furthermore, they are serving two sides, ratatouille and potato gnocchi, but the main course is missing altogether. Not that it comes as a surprise.

The more I fly, the more annoyed I am getting with this “food”. I am not in elementary school anymore.
SPBanker, intuition and Teppo like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, EBG, FB Blue, Asante Platinum, AB Exec
"Hyväosaisten leipäjono"
Old Mar 8, 2022, 4:14 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I was in this lounge yesterday (it was packed), and yes, food was not the most interesting, but they did have the Creamy Salmon yesterday - which I found to be delicious. I guess I was lucky - as the fish soup today does not look that appetizing..

Cheers!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:21 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by ffay005
The food situation is, in my opinion, getting worse and worse. Last week’s salmon soup has been substituted with something that appears to be leftovers from the Koivukylä elementary school cafeteria. Furthermore, they are serving two sides, ratatouille and potato gnocchi, but the main course is missing altogether. Not that it comes as a surprise.
As a former pupil of Koivukylä elementary school I resent that remark!
ffay005, intuition and FFlash like this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
Lounge today

Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:36 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
In the schengen lounge now, and yikes talk about poor breakfast offerings. Stale bread, cheese and cold cuts as well as porridge and a mass casualty cafeteria style omelette casserole

i am too ashamed to even photograph it instead I am drinking my breakfast.

upon arrival the tables were ALL occupied by dirty dishes, one lady is cleaning/clearing the tables but clearly that is NOT enough.

wine taps still out of order as in the previous photos...

I was going to leave my bags in the lockers at the lounge and go landside to the Plaza premium but I guess I remembered wrong and the lockers are only in the NOSE side lounge oh well I have liquids so I will make due with the airside options.

I have a nice 9hr window
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:43 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by kauppias
wine taps still out of order as in the previous photos...
Wine taps have been out of order since Schengen lounge was reopened – and that's not a bad thing. The wines in the bottles beside the taps have always been significantly better, I don't think anyone really desires the tap wine more.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by lkrt
Wine taps have been out of order since Schengen lounge was reopened – and that's not a bad thing. The wines in the bottles beside the taps have always been significantly better, I don't think anyone really desires the tap wine more.
I rarely drink wine so I guess I just missed the issue before

I was also just told they do have the lockers here so I will go test them out soon to see if it works

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.