Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY co-branded Diners Club card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:49 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Wilco, what's happening with AX in Sep....? Just about to cancel my AX Gold after free first year is over..
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:27 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by tsastor
With the Swedish version, you additionally earn free lounge visits.
1 free visit for every 10K SEK spent. Valid only the year after earning them.

Sadly it seems access is personal - tied to the DC card. I would have found it useful if they were vouchers so one could guest people. Only useful for AY basics and those travelling outside of their lounge allowance due to AY tier.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
And those OWE and OWS travelling within China, and all of its zero Oneworld member airlines (been there done that).
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Wilco, what's happening with AX in Sep....? Just about to cancel my AX Gold after free first year is over..
Nobody knows, the secret of the century

See end of this thread for discussion

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...p-rewards.html
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Courmisch
And those OWE and OWS travelling within China, and all of its zero Oneworld member airlines (been there done that).
Priority Pass, Airport Angels?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:12 am

Just called in and cancelled my Amex, they didn't even bother asking why etc. as they did some 2-3 years ago...maybe it was because of >10y membership and much bigger spending back then.

I just do not see any point paying anything for the current AX Finland offerings..let's see what they come up with and if attractive enough might take their "new cardholder" promo again in the future.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
What did you do with the MR points you had?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:21 am

Remy, I just pushed them over to BA w/o even thinking it that much..was it a mistake?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:39 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Remy, I just pushed them over to BA w/o even thinking it that much..was it a mistake?
Probably not. I've been playing with the thought of axing my current card and transferring the points to a cheaper card to wait out on some sort of new (BA or other) bonus promo.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

As good as it gets. Second would have been SK with 5:4 rate (same as BA) and far third Club Carlson at 1:2 rate and everyone else far behind.

50k MR=

40k Avios
40k SK
100k Carlson
40k AY
50k HHonours
16,6k SPG
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:48 pm

Back to the topic after good idle time. The Finnair Diner's Club card will be 50 EUR / year for Golds starting 1.11.2015. Other benefits should remain.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:17 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Free entry to both Finnair lounges (but not the better part of other) for Diners Club Premium cardholders. Earlier it was just to Almost Home. For lesser mortals without the Premium postfix, it is 19 euros per visit I recall (unless Finnair Diners Club Gold or Finnair Diners Club Platinum). Still waiting for my Finnair Diners side card for the Premium card, that should currently reside on Finnair Diners Club Club -level. I suppose AY-DC is the best way to convert spent € to AY+ points?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTL
I suppose AY-DC is the best way to convert spent € to AY+ points?
Absolutely - 2-3pp/€ (DC) vs 1-1,5pp/€ (MC) vs 0,8p(/ (Amex)
Old Aug 20, 2015, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theBro
Back to the topic after good idle time. The Finnair Diner's Club card will be 50 EUR / year for Golds starting 1.11.2015.
I got the same mail Good thing it'll hit me next summer only and should be plat way before that.

Obviously AY+ doesn't cough up the membership fee on behalf of Golds to Diners' anymore
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Interesting - that must be the first perk in a long time that hasn't been made the same "for our top tier customers", ie acting like there is only tier above silver. Perhaps number of Golds and plats have rebounded?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.