Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair lost baggage

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by Ed Size
No, the BKK flights are all delayed in the moment, so they are prepared to rush the luggage, and if they did not rebooked you they wait for you at the gat (my experience a few time). If they want to leave on time and don t want to wait they approach you at the gate with new informations, sometimes you can already see the new flights in the AY app while you still in the air. AY is pretty good in rushing luggage. In more then 100 BKK flights with a connection my luggage was lost once - and that was partly my fault.
almost 10 year old post that you’re replying to...
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:12 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi all,

Since it is more than 10 days that my bag is still not found, i was wondering if there is a number that I can call. I've emailed the lost.baggage email at Finnair, but the only response I get is we are still trying to locate it (already sent in my list of contents as they needed it after 72 hours not found).
The original station at ZRH which I did the report has already informed me that they have transferred the case back to Finnair as the luggage has not been found.

This is turning to be quite a nightmare.

Cheers!
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Sorry to hear about your experience. Same thing happened to me in January 2018 and it involved two OW carriers and three airports (ORD-HEL via LHR). I finally got a call from the U.S. on the 11th day saying that my suitcase was in ORD all along. By this time, I had already left HEL and continued to Asia. But before I left HEL, I went talk to a very helpful Finnair agent at one of the counters at the airport and, at her own initiative, gave me a 200 euro debit card to buy basic clothing items. Your luggage will eventually turn up. It's just annoying and inconvenient.
ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 7:00 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Coming back on my lost bags, they are still missing after 4 months. I did already get some compensation from AY, however I would still like to get my bag back as it did contact some items which is dear to me. I've helped them to check with the last time where the bag was seen, which showed that it was on the flight to HEL- so it has been there since the day it got lost, narrowing it down to Europe basically, but still no updates....
I am quite afraid that the original tag could have fallen off or the bag sent to a wrong destination or stolen.

Any ideas on what else can I do in this case than wait or give up....

Cheers!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Coming back on my lost bags, they are still missing after 4 months. I did already get some compensation from AY, however I would still like to get my bag back as it did contact some items which is dear to me. I've helped them to check with the last time where the bag was seen, which showed that it was on the flight to HEL- so it has been there since the day it got lost, narrowing it down to Europe basically, but still no updates....
I am quite afraid that the original tag could have fallen off or the bag sent to a wrong destination or stolen.

Any ideas on what else can I do in this case than wait or give up....

Cheers!
keep them reminding about you?
Montreal convention also names kind of compensation you are allowed, right
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Under the Montreal Convention your bag was considered lost after 20 days, even if it is found later.

You are due the fair market value of the suitcase and its contents, less any interim payments made, and capped at approximately EUR 1,450.

If the bag shows up some day, all the better. But, that has nothing to do with what you are due. At this point, I would put it out of your mind and move on as it is very unlikely to reappear. For the future, I would never check anything with sentimental value. You cannot replace it and the compensation for it will be little or nothing unless it has value on its own.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Hello All,

Just flew for the first time on Finnair on a flight from LAX to BUD.
Unfortunately my bag has not arrived back to LA yet. I returned on July 2nd from ARN to LAX. 72 hours and not a peep from AY. I did file a report immediately.
Very frustrating at the poor service. Does anyone have a number that works, or other advice?

Thanks,

LA2CDG
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:34 am

Programs: Finnair plat
Have you try
https://wtrweb.worldtracer.aero/WTRI...E-AB9E079799DF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.