Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair lost baggage

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Another case of AY PR making a bad situation worse...
Has the Finish media found this yet? Or maybe they should be informed?

I noticed an article in one the Finnish papers onboard AY but as I don't understand any Finnish it was hard to make out what they were after. But the picture showed a lot of bags at Vanta so I assume it had something to do with this.

Swedish media haven't really found the AY baggage issue (yet).
Old Jan 7, 2010, 8:58 pm

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN
Has the Finish media found this yet? Or maybe they should be informed?
They have been writing about this disaster quite frequently but they seem to be also getting bored about it. Nothing changes and also comments from Finnair are always the same so they haven't been covering it so much any longer.

But there were some articles telling the real life of tourists in North just before Christmas, how they lost all their luggages and they were supposed to enjoy their vacation. Finnair's comment was basically just nonsense, trying to blame the weather and so on.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 4:10 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum; Intercontinental Ambassador
Now I'm as sick of this than anyone else. Surely with a bit of clever thinking - we could run some form of a viral campaign of "DON'T use Finnair. They will lose your luggage." They have been very unhelpful and very arrogant and there is not much respect left in me for what used to be my favorite airline in Europe.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by helahela
Now I'm as sick of this than anyone else. Surely with a bit of clever thinking - we could run some form of a viral campaign of "DON'T use Finnair. They will lose your luggage." They have been very unhelpful and very arrogant and there is not much respect left in me for what used to be my favorite airline in Europe.
totally agree.
im sick of this too. i've been waiting for 2 weeks already. they told me a week ago that they seemed to hv found my bag and they would have my bag delivered soon. but see?! that's ridiculous! and they are just SO unhelpful that keep telling me : u hv to wait anyway, because there're alot bags out there undelivered.
is that my fault then?! am i being impatient? if there're lack of handling people, why don't they just hire more? why do the customers have to bear this? why don't they just work overnight? there're more and more flyers losing their bags, how on earth they can finish if they keep on working at this speed?!
Old Jan 9, 2010, 3:51 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Today it was in the news that some ground-workers have deliberately have sent luggage to wrong planes. And major part of them neglect their basic duties This is totally unacceptable and AY + Barona should take an immediate action!
Old Jan 9, 2010, 4:10 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by TTL
This is totally unacceptable and AY + Barona should take an immediate action!
I think customers should take immediate action, only then Finnair will act.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 5:25 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
It's rather hard to understand the logic of the union side. These blokes have only basic education and other similar jobs should be very scarce for the foreseeable future.

Of course they can get the generous Scandinavian unemployment benefits for a couple of years, but what then? So it seems that they really are trying to push the company deeper into crisis in hope it will be "nationalized" by the government.

Last edited by mosburger; Jan 9, 2010 at 5:52 am
Old Jan 9, 2010, 9:26 am

I'm pleased to report that our baggage was found yesterday and delivered about an hour ago - some 5 days late. Mighty relieved!!!!
Old Jan 9, 2010, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by mavis45
I'm pleased to report that our baggage was found yesterday and delivered about an hour ago - some 5 days late. Mighty relieved!!!!
you are SO lucky! where did u travel from and to? they told me they found my bag a week ago, and now im still waiting for the delivery!!!
Old Jan 9, 2010, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by mosburger
It's rather hard to understand the logic of the union side. These blokes have only basic education and other similar jobs should be very scarce for the foreseeable future.

Of course they can get the generous Scandinavian unemployment benefits for a couple of years, but what then? So it seems that they really are trying to push the company deeper into crisis in hope it will be "nationalized" by the government.
that's really disappointing. the flyers are innocent, and they simply put the expense on us! im not even angrying with finnair, im just very disappointed with the handlers! it's really hard to have pity on whatever they are striking for..
Old Jan 9, 2010, 7:56 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, US Airways Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Amtrak Select Plus, National Executive Elite
Will this last?

This is more than a little ironic:

"Passengers have voted Helsinki Airport the world's best in baggage delivery. This was announced in the Skytrax World Airport Awards survey, where passengers are asked to evaluate their experiences with airport services." (my bolding).

This happened in 2009 no less!

http://www.goodnewsfinland.com/archi...gage-delivery/
Old Jan 10, 2010, 6:24 am

Our luggage was just delivered as well. 8 days later...
Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:33 am

Our luggage was just delivered as well. 8 days later...
my baggage is still not with me yet...it's been 2 weeks....
Old Jan 11, 2010, 2:14 am

Our things started moving at a better speed, when we filled the report of contents etc and faxed it to finland. then it took them 48 hours to find it and another 48 hours to ship it to us. Of course my consisten calling and pestering probably helped a little too.
My route was TLL-HEL-MAN
Old Jan 11, 2010, 4:17 am

Our things started moving at a better speed, when we filled the report of contents etc and faxed it to finland. then it took them 48 hours to find it and another 48 hours to ship it to us. Of course my consisten calling and pestering probably helped a little too.
My route was TLL-HEL-MAN
congratulations about ur bag. u're SO lucky really

I have filed in a report of contents on my 4th day, then on the 7th day they said they found a 90% match bag and my file was closed.
I kept on waiting, but nth happened. So i called the airline, and they asked me to call the delivery company. I called the company, they said they didn't get my bag and transferred me back to the airline, etc!!
Then last night, which was my 14th day, i called the airline, they said they're very sure that my bag was with the company. I called the company today, they said there're 2000 pieces of bags out for delivery today, but they couldn't help me to look for my bag.

But my problem is, Im not even sure if my bag's with them! even they hv deliver 2000 pieces or wt, if my bag's not with them, then what?! I will have to wait for more days , just to HOPE MY BAG'S MIGICALLY APPEAR IN THE 2000 PIECES, despite what the staff have told me, that my bag wasn't with them.

HELP. I have tried my best to do whatever i can do. People are just SO unbelivably unhelpful!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.