Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 8:57 am

Does anyone know if the anniversary free night (with 12k spend) survives the discontinuation of this card?
Old May 3, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Trey, once your free night is awarded, it's yours. I got the card in June 2012 & was awarded the free night in June (July?) 2013. The AF posted in July, which I refused to pay & cancelled the card. Then I used it on a stay in late August 2013.
Old May 4, 2017, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
Trey, once your free night is awarded, it's yours. I got the card in June 2012 & was awarded the free night in June (July?) 2013. The AF posted in July, which I refused to pay & cancelled the card. Then I used it on a stay in late August 2013.
I asked my question badly. Meant to ask whether since Chase has discontinued the Fairmont card, if you already have it will they still award the bonus night going forward.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Only Chase knows ! It probably depends on how fast the merger into Accor proceeds.
Old May 4, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
I applied for this card in Jan.. And met spending req in couple of weeks.. I think the 2 x $25 dinining, 1 x suite upgrade posted to my account in Feb with Feb expiry.. Around March mid, 2 free night certificates posted but by then the dining and suite upgrade certs were gone.. I called fairmont and they asked to call Chase.. And chase says they were not part of the account opening bonus.. Confused.. Any suggestions?
Old May 4, 2017, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sowhatwegetdrunk
I applied for this card in Jan.. And met spending req in couple of weeks.. I think the 2 x $25 dinining, 1 x suite upgrade posted to my account in Feb with Feb expiry.. Around March mid, 2 free night certificates posted but by then the dining and suite upgrade certs were gone.. I called fairmont and they asked to call Chase.. And chase says they were not part of the account opening bonus.. Confused.. Any suggestions?
I sounds like your regular "Premier certificates" (2x $25 dining certs, 1 third night free cert, 1 suite upgrade cert, 1 room upgrade cert) posted mid-Feb. and then disappeared on March 1?

That would be correct since status certs always expire at the end of Feb. However, you should've also received a new stash of certs on March 1.
Old May 4, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I sounds like your regular "Premier certificates" (2x $25 dining certs, 1 third night free cert, 1 suite upgrade cert, 1 room upgrade cert) posted mid-Feb. and then disappeared on March 1?

That would be correct since status certs always expire at the end of Feb. However, you should've also received a new stash of certs on March 1.
Thanks.. So this looks like a fairmont issue.. Will call them again
Old May 4, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Can I use the $25 dining certs if I am not actually staying in the hotel? And how exactly does it work? Do I tell the server upfront and have them look up my account?
Old May 4, 2017, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Can I use the $25 dining certs if I am not actually staying in the hotel? And how exactly does it work? Do I tell the server upfront and have them look up my account?
Yes you can. I printed out a screenshot of my Fairmont account (showing my Fairmont membership # and dining certs) and gave it to the server when he took my order. They will know what to do with it ^
Old May 4, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by gnomey
Yes you can. I printed out a screenshot of my Fairmont account (showing my Fairmont membership # and dining certs) and gave it to the server when he took my order. They will know what to do with it ^
I did the same thing before the last expiration date. Went for lunch and drinks.
Old May 5, 2017, 11:28 am

You should have received new Premier cert.s in the 2nd week of March, as I did. They are a benefit for which Chase is only indirectly responsible. The Chase card gives us Premier status, which then causes Fairmont to give us those cert.s.
Old May 5, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Have people successfully used the certs for breakfast or are they strict on only lunch/dinner?
Old May 5, 2017, 9:41 pm

Based on prior posts it depends on the day you try, the employee you get and the property. I tried using the certs on breakfast in SF and it didn't work.
Old May 5, 2017, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

12k certs posted early this year even before annual fee hit... now to decide if it's worth paying for another year if the perks are likely to go away..
Old May 6, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
IIRC, on my last renewal I had a letter from Chase telling me my free night had been deposited and outlining the benefits. If anyone renews in the next couple of months (my renewal is not until late July) and receives a similar letter, please post here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.