Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I know that Chase has started to limit the number of cards one can have open at any given time
I don't think the limit is on the number of cards you have, just the number you've applied for in the past 24 months (including both Chase and non-Chase cards).
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I don't think the limit is on the number of cards you have, just the number you've applied for in the past 24 months (including both Chase and non-Chase cards).
OK, thanks, I didn't know the exact limitation. I know it's called 5/24.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:00 pm

Wow. It's not a convenient time for me but I applied for and got approved for the Fairmont card. I used a link from here: https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/ch...t-credit-card/

With the card dying, it's probably only a matter of time before they announce Fairmont is going to be rolled into Accor's loyalty program.
are Accor chain hotels better than Fairmont chain hotels in general? i think not?

just musing abt this bc i presume once merger is finalized, the accommodation choices for which FN cert can be used may be broader. but if Accor hotels are generally inferior compared to Fairmont, then that doesnt really confer an advantage...
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by gnomey
are Accor chain hotels better than Fairmont chain hotels in general?
Not in my experience (though my Accor experience is admittedly limited).
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
are Accor chain hotels better than Fairmont chain hotels in general? i think not?

just musing abt this bc i presume once merger is finalized, the accommodation choices for which FN cert can be used may be broader. but if Accor hotels are generally inferior compared to Fairmont, then that doesn't really confer an advantage...
No, I doubt you'll find many, including Accor members, who would consider most Accor hotels better than Fairmont. Sofitel would probably qualify as comparable to Fairmont, and maybe Pullman (I've never stayed at any Pullmans so I'm not speaking from experience).

But you bring up an interesting point ... what if the Fairmont free nights can be used throughout the Accor chain. And let's remember that Raffles and Swissotel (the other two chains in FHRI) will also join Accor.
The biggest advantage of choosing from more hotels is that you'd now have much better worldwide coverage. In this case, I'd likely choose from Fairmont, Raffles, Swissotel, and Sofitel. That should give one adequate worldwide coverage, although I suspect that the certs will remain limited to Fairmonts. YMMV; other opinions welcomed.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:17 am

No, I doubt you'll find many, including Accor members, who would consider most Accor hotels better than Fairmont. Sofitel would probably qualify as comparable to Fairmont, and maybe Pullman (I've never stayed at any Pullmans so I'm not speaking from experience).

But you bring up an interesting point ... what if the Fairmont free nights can be used throughout the Accor chain. And let's remember that Raffles and Swissotel (the other two chains in FHRI) will also join Accor.
The biggest advantage of choosing from more hotels is that you'd now have much better worldwide coverage. In this case, I'd likely choose from Fairmont, Raffles, Swissotel, and Sofitel. That should give one adequate worldwide coverage, although I suspect that the certs will remain limited to Fairmonts. YMMV; other opinions welcomed.
yes i was thinking along the same lines as you - basically, more hotels and destinations to pick from to apply FN . i guess at least 2 people have confirmed that Accor is considered lower standard compared to F, but i would think R, Sw, and So would be nice choices.

i believe the acquisition is final, but when will the rewards program get an overhaul is anyone's guess....
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:02 am

i believe the acquisition is final, but when will the rewards program get an overhaul is anyone's guess....
The death of the Fairmont credit card signals to me that the fat lady is onstage and has begun to sing.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
The death of the Fairmont credit card signals to me that the fat lady is onstage and has begun to sing.
Yep, sure looks like it.

I don't expect to see any FN certs in the Le Blow, errrrr, I mean Le Club program. Maybe it translates to an extra 29. 50 euros to be used as food credits only on weekend stays or something ridiculous like that...

I wonder if a SaveFPC campaign will make them reconsider, you know, like saveSkymiles

I wonder what happens to the 113 Lifetime FPC Plats. I think we get the shaft. Even if we get matched to Lifetime Accor Platinum ( I see this as 1 in 100 chance!), it will feel more like an insult. Bottom line, this year and next may be the last times we set our foot on a Fairmont property. I think the Lifetime deal worked well for both sides...

We are going to miss the best FT moderator Jasper2009!
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Curious if current card benefits will hold for next year though... suite upgrade is very useful for us..
plus i am still way short of 12k - i bet they'll pull the free night perk as soon as i spend $11,900
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gpapadop
We are going to miss the best FT moderator Jasper2009!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by azepine00
Curious if current card benefits will hold for next year though... suite upgrade is very useful for us..
plus i am still way short of 12k - i bet they'll pull the free night perk as soon as i spend $11,900
Nothing is confirmed at this point.

Based on the information currently available, I'd assume that the FPC program (incl. any status benefits such as suite upgrade certs) will be discontinued effective Feb. 28, 2018. I of course hope I'll be proven wrong, but based on the information available that's unfortunately to be expected. I very much hope though that Accor will have the decency to give ample notice (i.e. make an announcement this Feb./March).
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:07 pm

Question re: free night certificates

I received this card two months ago, and I was a couple hundred dollars short of meeting the minimum spend requirement during my first billing cycle, which ended in at the end of December. I did eventually meet the requirement in the first week of January. My second statement hasn't closed yet, however today I have received a letter in the mail saying "Congratulations! You have earned two complimentary nights. Your certificates have been automatically added to your Fairmont Presidents online profile." However, when I go there, this is what I see:

I'm a bit confused as to whether or not any of these are the free night certificates (it doesn't seem so), and also if these expiration dates are true. Any ideas? This all seems a bit odd to me. Also, if/when I do have the certificates, it's my understanding that you're supposed to book the room first, and then call and apply the certificate. Is that correct?

Thank you!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Nirvana91
I received this card two months ago, and I was a couple hundred dollars short of meeting the minimum spend requirement during my first billing cycle, which ended in at the end of December. I did eventually meet the requirement in the first week of January. My second statement hasn't closed yet, however today I have received a letter in the mail saying "Congratulations! You have earned two complimentary nights. Your certificates have been automatically added to your Fairmont Presidents online profile." However, when I go there, this is what I see:

I'm a bit confused as to whether or not any of these are the free night certificates (it doesn't seem so), and also if these expiration dates are true. Any ideas? This all seems a bit odd to me. Also, if/when I do have the certificates, it's my understanding that you're supposed to book the room first, and then call and apply the certificate. Is that correct?

Thank you!
Yes, you can either call FPC to make a booking using your free night certs or you can make a booking first and then call FPC to apply the free night certs.

The certs you see are the certs associated with your Premier status. The certs indeed expire at the end of Feb, but you'll get a new set of certs on March 1.

Contrary to what the e-mail said, your two free night certs have not been deposited into your FPC account yet.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, you can either call FPC to make a booking using your free night certs or you can make a booking first and then call FPC to apply the free night certs.

The certs you see are the certs associated with your Premier status. The certs indeed expire at the end of Feb, but you'll get a new set of certs on March 1.

Contrary to what the e-mail said, your two free night certs have not been deposited into your FPC account yet.
Got it, thanks. Just to clarify, the letter was actually in the physical snail mail, not an email. I'm sure that doesn't matter though.

I suppose I'll wait a bit, at least until a few days until my next statement closes, and see if they make it in there. If not I'll guess I'd call Fairmont (or possibly Chase?) at that point. Hopefully this sorts itself out. Thank you!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by azepine00
I, too, hope that (if true) they announce this sooner rather than later. If the bennies are going away, I want to know before I put a ton of spend on this card to get the free night for $12K spend. I've already started and would rather direct the spend elsewhere if that feature is going away.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
I got the card today...when does premier status reflect?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.