Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:03 am

I am in the same boat. Got a letter from Chase saying that the night had been deposited in my Fairmont account (wrong).
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:42 am

Did those who received a letter from Chase get it after PMing them through the online service? I both called (and was assured the certificate should have been sent and my account was marked) and sent through secure messages, and have only received a message that someone will get back to me by mail in 10 business days. Double checked the Fairmont account, still nothing.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:33 am

My free night cert was just posted to my Fairmont account yesterday.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by alchook
My free night cert was just posted to my Fairmont account yesterday.
Thanks for updating! Just checked our accounts-- ours are posted now as well!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:42 pm

Chase Free Night

Still nothing here. Got the message via PM about receiving a response via mail. Checked Fairmont account today and still nothing.

Disappointing.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: Everything
My certs have posted. I am one of the people who cancelled my CC after completing the spending but before it converted to a Sapphire. To all the naysayers who said I screwed up by cancelling, you were wrong.

My husband and I each spend <$12000 but our certs are valid until 11/8/2018. I guess Chase felt bad about the big delay.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by HeavenlyJane
My certs have posted. I am one of the people who cancelled my CC after completing the spending but before it converted to a Sapphire. To all the naysayers who said I screwed up by cancelling, you were wrong.

My husband and I each spend <$12000 but our certs are valid until 11/8/2018. I guess Chase felt bad about the big delay.

Same here except I did meet the 12k.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:19 am

Were the naysayers incorrect, or did Chase and Fairmont simply offer a goodwill gesture?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: Everything
Originally Posted by TTT103
Were the naysayers incorrect, or did Chase and Fairmont simply offer a goodwill gesture?
Naysayers were incorrect. Every time I called Chase since August, I was told that we met the requirements for the free night certificate. Plus the letter we all received never said that you needed to have an account stay active until the certs posted.

The only goodwill gesture I can see, if the full-year expiration date, for a <$12K spend.

I do think a bunch of us fell through the cracks. I am not sure I would have gotten the certs without active nudging on my part.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:55 am

I do think a bunch of us fell through the cracks. I am not sure I would have gotten the certs without active nudging on my part.
I think you are absolutely correct, and would guess that closing your account muddied up the water. The terms and conditions of the card does state that the card must be open in order to receive the annual free night certificate, but this was a bit of a different scenario.

I'm glad it worked out well.
HeavenlyJane likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Got free night, cancelled card, got full annual fee refund. About the best resolution I could have hoped for.
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:13 am

So the only ppl here that got their Free Night cert AFTER having cancelled their Fairmont Visas were the ones that called in and complained that they never received a free night? Looks like 3-4 ppl above are in that group. I have 5 family members who had the Fairmont Visa. All of them spent the full $12k required. 2 of the 5 cancelled their cards in August/Sept. The other 3 did NOT cxl their cards. The 3 that didn't cxl their cards got a free night deposited valid into Oct 2018. The 2 that cancelled their cards got NOTHING, even to this day. So it seems like getting the free night requires a complaint after that fact? What a PITA...............Thanks for nothing Chase..........
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:32 pm

Did you see how Fairmont will be folded into the AccorHotels program next year? Really sucks. http://www.fpcmembersite.com
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Yes, we've seen it !
Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
So the only ppl here that got their Free Night cert AFTER having cancelled their Fairmont Visas were the ones that called in and complained that they never received a free night? Looks like 3-4 ppl above are in that group. I have 5 family members who had the Fairmont Visa. All of them spent the full $12k required. 2 of the 5 cancelled their cards in August/Sept. The other 3 did NOT cxl their cards. The 3 that didn't cxl their cards got a free night deposited valid into Oct 2018. The 2 that cancelled their cards got NOTHING, even to this day. So it seems like getting the free night requires a complaint after that fact? What a PITA...............Thanks for nothing Chase..........
The terms and conditions stated that the card must be open and in good standing in order to receive the annual free night. I'm not sure why people were surprised that they had to fight tooth and nail to receive their free night if they cancelled their card before the free night posted. Was it not worth paying the annual fee one more year in exchange for a $900 room at The Plaza?
oopl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.