Boarding Area's Fall

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 4:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
But hired for IF?

http://insideflyer.com/author/jamie-larounis/
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Oh boy. Dismissed from BA but picked up by IF????
My understanding is that he is no longer writing for IF now.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:58 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by sbm12
My understanding is that he is no longer writing for IF now.
Is IF still going?

I noted that Randy bragged about BA breaking records thanks to the *W-Marriott takeover, but not a peep about IF.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
I don't get it? Alexa shows FT as being more trafficked than BA.
But don't you see, FlyerTalk is soooo seven years ago...
Old Nov 21, 2015, 8:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This one is just funny:

http://www.pointswithacrew.com/

Blog Entry #1: 7 places I’m going as a Hyatt Diamond

Blog Entry #2: Well…. I didn’t get my Hyatt Diamond status :-(
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by CMK10
This one is just funny:

http://www.pointswithacrew.com/

Blog Entry #1: 7 places I’m going as a Hyatt Diamond

Blog Entry #2: Well…. I didn’t get my Hyatt Diamond status :-(
This blog is the absolute nut low on BoardingArea.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
This blog is the absolute nut low on BoardingArea.
It certain seems to lack any discernible purpose or reason for being.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
A simplistic explanation.

While I think using them is wrong, hard to determine that there is any financial damage to the hotel.
Huh? I work for a large corporation with one of these codes; I can legitimately use it. Why would someone who doesn't work for one of these companies be able to use it?

The obvious financial damage done to the hotel is that illegitimate users of these codes are paying less with more lenient cancelation policies than they otherwise would be.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:18 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Points Miles & Martinis is just phoning it in.

http://pointsmilesandmartinis.boardi...ta-over-tokyo/

The battle between American Airlines and Delta Air Lines continues over service to Tokyo’s Haneda airport. To find out why the airlines are fighting, I’ll let you read this Bloomberg article which explains it in detail.
And then proceeds to "quote"...the entire article (save for one sentence at the end regarding stock prices). Not long ago the blog tried to pass off a totally copied USA Today article as their own post content (see the "copy cat" thread in this forum). I'm not sure but I don't know that wrapping quotes around the entire Bloomberg article is permitted, though I guess it's a step up from blatant plagiarism

Even aside from the citation/copying issues, what value do posts like this bring to BA? I don't normally read PM&M regularly so maybe they do better in other posts but the prior plagiarized post and the above post don't make a good impression.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:17 am

Why you might not want to take that Hyatt or Hilton status match

So Points With A Crew gets denied for a Hyatt Diamond status match (after writing all the hotels he would go to after being matched before getting denied) and now is trying to argue that it is better NOT to get matched because one might not be matched again. This blog is such a joke.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:00 pm

Apparently finding used gum in your seat pocket is worth a blog post now:

http://thegate.boardingarea.com/disg...e-seat-pocket/
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:52 am

http://jetsettershomestead.boardinga...n-open-letter/

Wow, this post just really rubbed me the wrong way, coming off as entitled, snarky, and spoiled-brattish, words that all perfectly describe the current BA blogger community.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:43 am
Community Director Emerita

I'm going to respectfully disagree. This blogger has a fresh voice. I thoroughly enjoyed her posts about Uber. She drove for it in spare time and she analyzed the economics. I've never seen the like elsewhere. She dealt with an issue here that many of us have. I'm careful what I post on social media because I don't want to offend friends who find out I'm in town but haven't contacted them. There's not always time for everyone. I don't read her every day but when I read her, she has found unique things to cover. She stands alone and doesn't cover all the promos and credit card options that so many others cover. She is a true traveler.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:52 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'm going to respectfully disagree. This blogger has a fresh voice. I thoroughly enjoyed her posts about Uber. She drove for it in spare time and she analyzed the economics. I've never seen the like elsewhere. She dealt with an issue here that many of us have. I'm careful what I post on social media because I don't want to offend friends who find out I'm in town but haven't contacted them. There's not always time for everyone. I don't read her every day but when I read her, she has found unique things to cover. She stands alone and doesn't cover all the promos and credit card options that so many others cover. She is a true traveler.
I must respectfully disagree as well.

As an example, I have been personally invited by SanDiego1K to visit her whenever I was in the San Diego area — and I have been there numerous times over the years.

To this date, I still have not taken her up on her invitation; and I have felt bad about that. She knows the reasons why and let me know that she was not offended in the least; and I appreciate her understanding.

I hope to one day take her up on her offer if she is in town whenever I may be there again...
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:33 pm

redacted
Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:41 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
http://jetsettershomestead.boardinga...n-open-letter/

Wow, this post just really rubbed me the wrong way, coming off as entitled, snarky, and spoiled-brattish, words that all perfectly describe the current BA blogger community.
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Interestingly, I posted some sentiments similar to the blogger's on Omni. I get what this blogger's saying, and I don't think she comes off as snarkish, spoiled or bratty.

Face it, a good percentage of us are over-extended. We have a zillion things competing for our attention. And, when it comes down to it, we have to prioritize who gets our time....and something, that means giving ourselves permission to have our own personal downtime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.