Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding Area's Fall

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Interestingly, I posted some sentiments similar to the blogger's on Omni. I get what this blogger's saying, and I don't think she comes off as snarkish, spoiled or bratty.

Face it, a good percentage of us are over-extended. We have a zillion things competing for our attention. And, when it comes down to it, we have to prioritize who gets our time....and something, that means giving ourselves permission to have our own personal downtime.
I thought similarly to you. It's very easy to over-schedule and sometimes things have to give. Especially during the holidays. I didn't think the post came off as bratty or anything like that, just realistic.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
I've got a fairly critical eye and, trust me, Jettsettershomestead is one of the better blogs out there with a very distinctive voice.

Credit cards are never mentioned, and road-warrior hell is described with even some humor.

It's still not my cup of tea -- "homebody vs. road warrior" isn't really my thing -- but it's generally well done.

If I absolutely had to find something to dislike, it would be the series of posts this past year about the comped Mediterranean cruise.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Jenn's posts always come from a very authentic and genuine viewpoint IMO. Hers is one of the few blogs I'll stop and read every new post.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:30 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I agree, I like her blog too and I'm very critical of blogs.

Now, Points, Miles & Martinis on the other hand...
Old Dec 29, 2015, 8:08 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by CMK10
I agree, I like her blog too and I'm very critical of blogs.
You certainly are very critical — and that is a good thing.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'm going to respectfully disagree. This blogger has a fresh voice. I thoroughly enjoyed her posts about Uber. She drove for it in spare time and she analyzed the economics. I've never seen the like elsewhere. She dealt with an issue here that many of us have. I'm careful what I post on social media because I don't want to offend friends who find out I'm in town but haven't contacted them. There's not always time for everyone. I don't read her every day but when I read her, she has found unique things to cover. She stands alone and doesn't cover all the promos and credit card options that so many others cover. She is a true traveler.
Yes, a fresh voice from a very experienced traveler and long-time Flyertalker.

Jenn's blog is the only one I read in its entirety.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by work2fly
Yes, a fresh voice from a very experienced traveler and long-time Flyertalker.

Jenn's blog is the only one I read in its entirety.
I agree. She's definitely not conforming to the cookie cutter format that Randy seems to be forcing down everyone's throat.

I swear, if another blog starts their conclusion with Big Black Bold Letters "Bottom Line", I'm gonna lose it! But not really... But maybe... Get some originality
Old Jan 1, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: AA EP
Jenn is one class act.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
.If I absolutely had to find something to dislike, it would be the series of posts this past year about the comped Mediterranean cruise.
Definitely not on Jetsetter's Homestead... I've never been comped a cruise (or flight or hotel) for my blog. My only travel comp in the two years I've been blogging was a free day with Silvercar - and I'm now a business travel customer with them.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I just want to be offered a comped something for a change. Just for the sake of it so I can say "I am an important blogger, vendors are trying to woo me like a Titan". Only thing I have been offered so far is some suspiciously "organic" remedy to cure hangovers #...!

Actually I have never responded to some other offers...
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:29 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This one is kind of comical. She wrote that she enjoyed her run along the Atlantic Ocean in Peru...Which only has a coastline along the Pacific.

http://willrunformiles.boardingarea.....uLsPqScW.dpbs
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
This one is kind of comical. She wrote that she enjoyed her run along the Atlantic Ocean in Peru...Which only has a coastline along the Pacific.

Old Jan 6, 2016, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin

glad I could make your day. Was thinking about my run along the Ocean in Capetown and got turned around ...

thank you!
Old Jan 22, 2016, 2:18 pm

Heels First Travel
http://heelsfirsttravel.boardingarea...comment-431235

I think she's replaced TPG as the blog with the worst photo quality. It looks like she's taking her photos on a first generation iPhone.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 2:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Heels First Travel
http://heelsfirsttravel.boardingarea...comment-431235

I think she's replaced TPG as the blog with the worst photo quality. It looks like she's taking her photos on a first generation iPhone.
I'm more concerned with the fact that most of them are sideways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.