Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding Area's Fall

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2016, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Techgirl said she blogs less because she refuses to post photos sideways. @:-)

The blogger with the sideways photos is a different blogger.
You mean all frnale bloggers aren't the same person? Blasphemy!
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by techgirl
You mean all frnale bloggers aren't the same person? Blasphemy!
Hehe... ^ this made me laugh. Well played
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by techgirl
The sideways photo issue is a known and long-standing problem for many of us. I have the same problem with iPhone photos. The problem is that they can appear correctly oriented on non-Apple devices.

It has frankly been one of the reasons I've blogged less frequently because I have to take photos from my phone, transfer them to a desktop, resale them, and then load them to WordPress to prevent issues. I don't travel with the laptop I can do this on so often it means it's days before I can edit photos and often the timeliness of my intended post is gone.
Hmm, that's interesting, I haven't had such an issue with my iPhone. Thanks for the context.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:48 pm

Is anyone still reading any of those "blogs"? Seriously?
Can a site with 2 (two) updates per months be still called a blog?
99% of so-called content here is pure cr@p. Why are you pretending it's not?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Yes, they are.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Big_Foot
Is anyone still reading any of those "blogs"? Seriously?
Can a site with 2 (two) updates per months be still called a blog?
99% of so-called content here is pure cr@p. Why are you pretending it's not?

Especially with Gary's giant push to sell "all your travel dreams" with credit cards these past few days. It was noticeably blunt, even for him

Last edited by RFDMinnesota; Feb 2, 2016 at 2:22 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This article entitled "5 Signs That United is Finally Getting Better" isn't even an article, it's a link to a Forbes article:

Unfortunately, we were not granted permission to share the story here, but be sure to check out the interesting read at Forbes.
Five Signs that United is Getting Better
Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by CMK10
This article entitled "5 Signs That United is Finally Getting Better" isn't even an article, it's a link to a Forbes article:

Five Signs that United is Getting Better
Could be worse...they used to just steal the content and post it anyways rather than respecting the copyright rules.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Point Me to the Plane wrote a nonsensical post about how AA is falsely advertising in its award charts because there is no way to go from a very specific airport in Africa to the South Pacific on one award. I pointed out in a comment that there is indeed a disclaimer covering such a circumstance that not all awards may actually be bookable - wouldn't you know it, I never made it past moderation.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Point Me to the Plane wrote a nonsensical post about how AA is falsely advertising in its award charts because there is no way to go from a very specific airport in Africa to the South Pacific on one award. I pointed out in a comment that there is indeed a disclaimer covering such a circumstance that not all awards may actually be bookable - wouldn't you know it, I never made it past moderation.
I have noticed the moderation dragons across all blogs that moderate have gotten very very strict.

They would make Most Honorable Chairman proud.

They are the Kim Jong Illest.

Okay... I'm done now
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
I saw that post, too and had the same thought as you. I didn't try making a comment which is apparently good since it wouldn't have been published apparently!
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Okay, I've GOT to know...

Who is reading PMM?!

Seriously, this guy is always AT LEAST a day behind reporting news of any real value.

The only things he talks about are targeted Starbucks promos (which speaks for itself) and discount gift cards on eBay.

How is he still on BA? Aren't there minimum metrics? I would be astonished if he had an actual reader base
Old Mar 10, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Some things just can not be explained in life...
Old Mar 10, 2016, 5:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Who is reading PMM?!
Lot's of folks. He is a featured blogger that means MANY views.

Seriously, this guy is always AT LEAST a day behind reporting news of any real value.
You don't have to be first to get readership. A guess is some ONLY read PM&M for content proveded.

The only things he talks about are targeted Starbucks promos (which speaks for itself) and discount gift cards on eBay.
Any post with "Starbucks and Stars" get's tons of hits from Google searches.

How is he still on BA? Aren't there minimum metrics? I would be astonished if he had an actual reader base
Again, see answers above. Beyond that, like many blogs, you have no idea how well PM&M is doing or how many are writing for PM&M.

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Some things just can not be explained in life...
Questions like these do show how little, even after all these years, anyone understands about the business of blogging. :-:
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Renes Points
Questions like these do show how little, even after all these years, anyone understands about the business of blogging. :-:
Says the person who had to change their logo (multiple times?) and then the name of their blog. ^ Guess no one here really understand the business?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.