Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
stop clicking?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich
One of the extremely rare improvements to BA is when "The Reward Boss" disappeared, but alas, it appears that he/she has returned...

Shame
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:09 am
Original Poster

I wonder if the SPG AMEX card has an increased bonus today...
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:58 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
ROFLMAO. Yeeeah...
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
This Tweet sums it up really: https://twitter.com/PointsWithACrew/...986049?lang=nl
Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
I almost want to follow that blog just based on that tweet.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
I have a relatively low tolerance for nonsense -- on Boarding Area, Flyer Talk, anywhere -- but I think Points with a Crew indeed does have a fair number of high-quality posts. Plus, he braved Amtrak long-haul, which takes some doing, and lived to blog the tale.

My issue with Boarding Area these days? The malware ads. But there's a whole thread for that now . . . which is a sad, sad commentary all unto itself.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
What's SPG AMEX? Never heard of it.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by 84fiero
What's SPG AMEX? Never heard of it.
Its an awesome card that allows you to travel the world for FREE, dude. Never heard of it? Click here ->.

Click now!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Amazed that BArea is not covering the BA mistake fares that are coming out a regular pace... compared to a few years ago, when most bloggers were all over the RGN fare for example, the sudden silence is very strange...?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Speaking only for myself, the fares also disappear very quickly and having them honored has been hit or miss. Makes it less compelling to post about. Plus there are other resources dedicated wholly to just finding good fares so I'd rather my readers interested in that stuff focus on those sites for that content. Just makes more sense for everyone.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:46 am

I see... in 2012 that was not a concern for VFTW: http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....anmar-is-back/

BA is publishing an error every Thursday so far, and one popped up (or was discovered) yesterday.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I see... in 2012 that was not a concern for VFTW: http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....anmar-is-back/

BA is publishing an error every Thursday so far, and one popped up (or was discovered) yesterday.
I am in two minds about them. They drive page views but my audience is a broad one and these things can get complex.

I also missed the first one because, ironically, I was on a plane! And that was the one BA honoured .....

When Qatar is selling J for cash from Amsterdam etc to Asia for under £1,000, the mistake fares are also less interesting than they were - especially as Qatar is a better product and gives more tier points.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Amazed that BArea is not covering the BA mistake fares that are coming out a regular pace... compared to a few years ago, when most bloggers were all over the RGN fare for example, the sudden silence is very strange...?
The line from the more headline figures of BA has become increasingly "industry/company-apologist" in position and tone. That said, covering fare deals in an environment where airlines feel more comfortable voiding deals contracted is probably not a lucrative way to attract and retain a lucrative audience, especially when other sites are doing a better job of covering air ticket deals.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 5:43 am
Original Poster

In case anyone needed more confirmation that Brian Cohen's blog would be lucky to be referred to as Garbage, just checkout this morning's blog title:

You Won’t Believe What Happened Next After How Surprised I Was With These — Especially With #2

Wow.... Just wow...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.