Boarding Area's Fall

Old Oct 29, 15, 8:14 pm
  #556  
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: California
Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Posts: 21,163
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Confused pronouns. No worries.
I am he as you are he as you are me, and we are all together.
- The Walrus
nsx is offline  
Old Oct 29, 15, 8:47 pm
  #557  
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Marietta, Georgia, United States
Posts: 24,789
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Confused pronouns. No worries.
Originally Posted by nsx View Post
I am he as you are he as you are me, and we are all together.
- The Walrus
Canarsie is online now  
Old Oct 29, 15, 10:11 pm
  #558  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IAD/DCA
Posts: 31,782
http://andystravelblog.boardingarea....ctures-phuket/

nice to see, although they were misled (by someone) re low season rate
seems they booked before the 4th nt free offer became available
aman bali, amanoi, amanpuri all very low after 4th nt free this year
Kagehitokiri is offline  
Old Oct 30, 15, 9:33 am
  #559  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: DFW
Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Posts: 870
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri View Post
http://andystravelblog.boardingarea....ctures-phuket/

nice to see, although they were misled (by someone) re low season rate
seems they booked before the 4th nt free offer became available
aman bali, amanoi, amanpuri all very low after 4th nt free this year
I wish I could've taken advantage of it, I honestly didn't have the $1500 to spend even with a 4th night free!
bthotugigem05 is offline  
Old Oct 30, 15, 10:11 am
  #560  
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 55,950
Originally Posted by techgirl View Post
SPG Corporate Codes, part II...

http://therewardboss.com/2015/10/29/...iscount-codes/

*sigh*
And with a bunch of warnings not to use them.
kokonutz is offline  
Old Oct 30, 15, 10:53 am
  #561  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,652
Originally Posted by kokonutz View Post
And with a bunch of warnings not to use them.
Can someone explain why people on FT are angry that this stuff is getting posted?
Astrophsx is offline  
Old Oct 30, 15, 11:06 am
  #562  
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: California
Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Posts: 21,163
Originally Posted by Astrophsx View Post
Can someone explain why people on FT are angry that this stuff is getting posted?
Sure. It's the same for posting any methods of abuse or fraud: They create trouble for legitimate users of the method. This is not specific to FT: It happened with Disney's line cutting program for disabled people.
nsx is offline  
Old Oct 30, 15, 11:33 am
  #563  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: DFW
Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Posts: 870
It's more of a could vs. should thing IMO. At least finding the codes on FT requires a Google search and a few mouse-clicks, versus many of these blogs having email and RSS subscribers who have every post delivered directly to them.
bthotugigem05 is offline  
Old Oct 30, 15, 12:03 pm
  #564  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,652
Originally Posted by nsx View Post
Sure. It's the same for posting any methods of abuse or fraud: They create trouble for legitimate users of the method. This is not specific to FT: It happened with Disney's line cutting program for disabled people.
That's what I thought as well, but the tone of some of the comments I've seen in other areas made me think that some people were using these codes fraudulently and were upset that the information was featured on a blog.
Astrophsx is offline  
Old Oct 30, 15, 2:19 pm
  #565  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,211
Originally Posted by Astrophsx View Post
That's what I thought as well, but the tone of some of the comments I've seen in other areas made me think that some people were using these codes fraudulently and were upset that the information was featured on a blog.
Or that it is much worse when it happens on a blog rather than on a forum such as this one.
sbm12 is offline  
Old Oct 30, 15, 2:44 pm
  #566  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 12,601
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Or that it is much worse when it happens on a blog rather than on a forum such as this one.
I don't like posts that effectively encourage or promote fraud. One of the reasons I stopped reading thoughtleader's blog a long time ago.

There is a bit of a difference, though, between someone posting it on FT and someone posting it on their blog. In the latter case, that person is effectively monetizing that information. What's FT's owners' stance on this?
notquiteaff is online now  
Old Oct 30, 15, 3:23 pm
  #567  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere above the Mason-Dixon
Programs: DL Ham Samich
Posts: 1,623
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
I don't like posts that effectively encourage or promote fraud. One of the reasons I stopped reading thoughtleader's blog a long time ago.

There is a bit of a difference, though, between someone posting it on FT and someone posting it on their blog. In the latter case, that person is effectively monetizing that information. What's FT's owners' stance on this?
What in the actual F#$K... These second rate bloggers, or rather, third rate bloggers like the forward cabin and the reward boss are straight up advocating fraud and hiding behind the false disguise of "well I said don't use it if you don't have a right to."

You know what, if you had a right to, you'd have the code!

Plain and simple.

I hate the Reward Boss even more than the POS The Forward Cabin. Glad to see the latter gone, was happy to see the former go months without posting.

Now how do we get TRB kicked off BA?

A line has been crossed
RFDMinnesota is offline  
Old Oct 30, 15, 4:54 pm
  #568  
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 55,950
Originally Posted by Astrophsx View Post
Can someone explain why people on FT are angry that this stuff is getting posted?
Because it makes using them less convenient for those who use them legitimately. First ID. Now in some cases an authorization letter/document.

And those who use them legitimately already HAVE them and don't need bloggers to 'remind' those people what they are as a ploy to encourage others to commit fraud.

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
What's FT's owners' stance on this?
My understanding is that when they get posted they get scrubbed. That used to be the case, anyway.
kokonutz is offline  
Old Oct 30, 15, 6:19 pm
  #569  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 12,601
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota View Post
You know what, if you had a right to, you'd have the code!
Just to be clear:

I don't have a corporate code (my company requires booking through our travel system, and it's only allowed for business travel). I have never used one I wasn't entitled to either. I have noticed more and more properties ask for my AAA card, which I do have.

And I hope you didn't read my post as defending those who post them or those who abuse them.

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Because it makes using them less convenient for those who use them legitimately. First ID. Now in some cases an authorization letter/document.
The "savings" from using unauthorized codes have to be paid for by someone. That someone is folks who play by the rules.
notquiteaff is online now  
Old Oct 30, 15, 6:28 pm
  #570  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,916
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
]
The "savings" from using unauthorized codes have to be paid for by someone. That someone is folks who play by the rules.
A simplistic explanation.

While I think using them is wrong, hard to determine that there is any financial damage to the hotel.
elitetraveler is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread