Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding Area's Fall

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:14 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by sbm12
Confused pronouns. No worries.
I am he as you are he as you are me, and we are all together.
- The Walrus
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:47 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Confused pronouns. No worries.
Originally Posted by nsx
I am he as you are he as you are me, and we are all together.
- The Walrus
Old Oct 29, 2015, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://andystravelblog.boardingarea....ctures-phuket/

nice to see, although they were misled (by someone) re low season rate
seems they booked before the 4th nt free offer became available
aman bali, amanoi, amanpuri all very low after 4th nt free this year
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
http://andystravelblog.boardingarea....ctures-phuket/

nice to see, although they were misled (by someone) re low season rate
seems they booked before the 4th nt free offer became available
aman bali, amanoi, amanpuri all very low after 4th nt free this year
I wish I could've taken advantage of it, I honestly didn't have the $1500 to spend even with a 4th night free!
Old Oct 30, 2015, 9:11 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by techgirl
SPG Corporate Codes, part II...

http://therewardboss.com/2015/10/29/...iscount-codes/

*sigh*
And with a bunch of warnings not to use them.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by kokonutz
And with a bunch of warnings not to use them.
Can someone explain why people on FT are angry that this stuff is getting posted?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:06 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Can someone explain why people on FT are angry that this stuff is getting posted?
Sure. It's the same for posting any methods of abuse or fraud: They create trouble for legitimate users of the method. This is not specific to FT: It happened with Disney's line cutting program for disabled people.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
It's more of a could vs. should thing IMO. At least finding the codes on FT requires a Google search and a few mouse-clicks, versus many of these blogs having email and RSS subscribers who have every post delivered directly to them.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by nsx
Sure. It's the same for posting any methods of abuse or fraud: They create trouble for legitimate users of the method. This is not specific to FT: It happened with Disney's line cutting program for disabled people.
That's what I thought as well, but the tone of some of the comments I've seen in other areas made me think that some people were using these codes fraudulently and were upset that the information was featured on a blog.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 1:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

That's what I thought as well, but the tone of some of the comments I've seen in other areas made me think that some people were using these codes fraudulently and were upset that the information was featured on a blog.
Or that it is much worse when it happens on a blog rather than on a forum such as this one.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Or that it is much worse when it happens on a blog rather than on a forum such as this one.
I don't like posts that effectively encourage or promote fraud. One of the reasons I stopped reading thoughtleader's blog a long time ago.

There is a bit of a difference, though, between someone posting it on FT and someone posting it on their blog. In the latter case, that person is effectively monetizing that information. What's FT's owners' stance on this?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I don't like posts that effectively encourage or promote fraud. One of the reasons I stopped reading thoughtleader's blog a long time ago.

There is a bit of a difference, though, between someone posting it on FT and someone posting it on their blog. In the latter case, that person is effectively monetizing that information. What's FT's owners' stance on this?
What in the actual F#$K... These second rate bloggers, or rather, third rate bloggers like the forward cabin and the reward boss are straight up advocating fraud and hiding behind the false disguise of "well I said don't use it if you don't have a right to."

You know what, if you had a right to, you'd have the code!

Plain and simple.

I hate the Reward Boss even more than the POS The Forward Cabin. Glad to see the latter gone, was happy to see the former go months without posting.

Now how do we get TRB kicked off BA?

A line has been crossed
Old Oct 30, 2015, 3:54 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Because it makes using them less convenient for those who use them legitimately. First ID. Now in some cases an authorization letter/document.

And those who use them legitimately already HAVE them and don't need bloggers to 'remind' those people what they are as a ploy to encourage others to commit fraud.

What's FT's owners' stance on this?
My understanding is that when they get posted they get scrubbed. That used to be the case, anyway.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
You know what, if you had a right to, you'd have the code!
Just to be clear:

I don't have a corporate code (my company requires booking through our travel system, and it's only allowed for business travel). I have never used one I wasn't entitled to either. I have noticed more and more properties ask for my AAA card, which I do have.

And I hope you didn't read my post as defending those who post them or those who abuse them.

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Because it makes using them less convenient for those who use them legitimately. First ID. Now in some cases an authorization letter/document.
The "savings" from using unauthorized codes have to be paid for by someone. That someone is folks who play by the rules.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 5:28 pm
Suspended

]
The "savings" from using unauthorized codes have to be paid for by someone. That someone is folks who play by the rules.
A simplistic explanation.

While I think using them is wrong, hard to determine that there is any financial damage to the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.