Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding Area's Fall

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Didn't elliot leave BArea a while ago? You have to take out...
Yes, he left at some point. But still that number of posts in the time frame.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
Yes, he left at some point. But still that number of posts in the time frame.
so if he hadnt left it would have been more, interesting
Old Sep 21, 2015, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Call me the outlier here, but I actually enjoyed most of the CE articles that I read. Though I can't recall if it was him or his contributors, but I found a lot of the cases fascinating
Old Oct 3, 2015, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Is it just me, or has PMM become the blog that has nothing to write about? Though when he does post things, he's posting what everyone else posted a day or two earlier
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
No, it's just not you.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I'm just frustrated by the multitude of grammatical errors these bloggers make on an hourly basis. Does nobody have a grasp of even the most basic rules of English (its/it's, run-ons, fragments, etc.)? It seems like, if these people are professional writers, they should actually attempt to improve their writing.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Is it just me, or has PMM become the blog that has nothing to write about? Though when he does post things, he's posting what everyone else posted a day or two earlier
This blog isn't the only one guilty of this. Several other blogs are doing this. They are also taking Gary's approach of giving a clickbait title and providing links to where you can find the story on another blog. Do blogs like these actually make enough money to make it worthwhile for the author to maintain the page and post daily?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:01 am

Is the Points of Life a continually featured blogger?

I really want to like this blog but little to no effort is put forth by the author. I think it was one year ago he planned this massive trip... did an amazing job posting a detailed spreadsheet of which airlines he took, how many points were spent, and the out of pocket cost. It seems like for the past year his blog has been a trip report of something last year. Yet each day his blog is featured on the main page.

Today's post Male, Maldives: Worth a Visit he uses Gary's photos and gives no description of what his experience was like visiting Male. A previous post about flying on JAL's 787 business class is also the only place I've seen a positive review of the angle lie flat seats. It's too bad the fine eye for detail that went into the spreadsheet didn't continue on to the trip reports.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Yet each day his blog is featured on the main page.
Featured where?

Every blogger can be on the front page. Only featured bloggers show up in the top 4 slots. And I do not see anything from that blogger in the top 4 slots ever.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:24 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by sbm12
Featured where?

Every blogger can be on the front page. Only featured bloggers show up in the top 4 slots. And I do not see anything from that blogger in the top 4 slots ever.
...featured on the front “page” of BoardingArea.

In fact, The Points of Life had both top slots during the overnight hours last night — at least, from my computer.

That is bizarre that Astrophsx and I can see that and you cannot. I wonder how exactly that could happen...
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
That is bizarre that Astrophsx and I can see that and you cannot. I wonder how exactly that could happen...
Because I spelled the name wrong in my query.

I see the history now. Looks like it has been a featured blog since 14 September. I have no idea if that's on purpose or not.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:50 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Maybe they forgot about him as they were busy working overtime on the rebirth of Milepoint as Inside Flyer
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:13 pm

What's going on with BoardingArea right now? Site looks horrible. Looks even worse on Safari.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:26 am

They are probably a little busy getting Inside Flyer up and running?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Seems back to normal this morning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.