Community
Wiki Posts
Search

View from the Wing [VFTW] discussions

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2014, 3:03 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
On the whole, the post makes the frequent flyer out as the victim and I certainly wouldn't doubt the story ... except for this one sentence
Originally Posted by VFTW
And while there was some unusual account activity, it appears innocent, and it also doesn’t appear that the airline was hurt by it or the member benefited from it at all.
That is awfully vague and it certainly makes it sound like the frequent flyer did something to deserve the attention, though maybe not the continued scrutiny. I see the very first commenter was astute and points out the exact same thing!

Then there's comment 24
Originally Posted by Gary
My understanding is that the case in question does not involved purchasing and cancelling tickets to earn a signup bonus. And that the person in question I believe has just a single co-brand credit card with the airline.
Gary certainly doesn't sound very confident in his information ... then comment 32
Originally Posted by Gary
the points weren’t really even used
So points were used, but not really?
Old May 23, 2014, 4:39 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
I have to say, in the past I would have rah-rah'ed the FFer and jeered the airline.

But after hearing about how and why at least one blogger was scamming an airline and got banned from it as a result, I have kind of lost faith in the FFers in these types of stories.
Old May 23, 2014, 6:56 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by kokonutz
But after hearing about how and why at least one blogger was scamming an airline and got banned from it as a result, I have kind of lost faith in the FFers in these types of stories.
I found that one shocking too. You expect that sort of thing from the Manufactured Spending ninjas, but not from a blogger who appears to be your typical whiz kid. Maybe it was a matter of insufficient life experience to resist temptation or to realize where the line of acceptable behavior lines. There is a small minority of FTers for whom that line is defined by whatever they can get away with. Those people harm the rest of us.
Old May 23, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
But somehow he still trusts AA... Oddly
Old May 23, 2014, 8:24 pm

So, looking at the scorecard, now there are three AA employees (at least) that he's tried/trying to get fired?

Leslie
George
Julia

But Doug Parker is trustworthy?
Old May 23, 2014, 9:57 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I have to say, in the past I would have rah-rah'ed the FFer and jeered the airline.

Originally Posted by nsx
I found that one shocking too. You expect that sort of thing from the Manufactured Spending ninjas, but not from a blogger who appears to be your typical whiz kid. Maybe it was a matter of insufficient life experience to resist temptation or to realize where the line of acceptable behavior lines. There is a small minority of FTers for whom that line is defined by whatever they can get away with. Those people harm the rest of us.
I'm not familiar with this tantilizing story, is this general knowledge and is there a link to it?
Old May 23, 2014, 10:11 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold

Originally Posted by nsx
Originally Posted by Beckles
I'm not familiar with this tantilizing story, is this general knowledge and is there a link to it?
Are you talking about Tahsir Ahsan (Bengali Miles Guru) and this post?
Old May 24, 2014, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Beckles
http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/.../#post-1548220
Old May 24, 2014, 8:21 am

That just goes to the aptly-named thread "error"
Old May 24, 2014, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by jspira
That just goes to the aptly-named thread "error"
Huh. Works for me.

Here's what that post says:

That's what I do and no that's not why UA banned LuckyCoins.

UA banned him because he we would reuse e-certs. Back before the change over to SHARES, if you did something to your computer (I think set it to reject all cookies) UA.com would have been unable to record the number of the e-cert used. Lucky was able to reuse the same cert over and over again. UA audited his tickets and dropped the banhammer. I suspect UA allowed him to keep his redeemable MP miles and allow him to book tickets on non-UA metal in exchange for his silence in this matter. I think that because he still books star alliance flights specifically he got in on the SQ mistake.
Old May 24, 2014, 10:18 am

Huh. Works for me.

Here's what that post says:
Now it works and thank you for circling back. Perhaps that other forum was having a service interruption.
Old May 24, 2014, 8:55 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So, looking at the scorecard, now there are three AA employees (at least) that he's tried/trying to get fired?

Leslie
George
Julia
Who is the "he" with a history of trying to get the above three named persons fired? Does the "he" have sufficient influence with AA's HR people to get them fired?
Old May 26, 2014, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by freeloader
But somehow he still trusts AA... Oddly
LOL
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Gary has an Amex Platinum. It's in his "what's in my wallet" post from not long ago. Therefore, he has HHonors Gold as long as he calls in and asks for it. Does a travel blogger really not know that?

Great that he's not taking anything - I don't think he would outright do so. But he's already a phone call away from having HHonors Gold anyway.
amex plat includes starwood gold, not hilton gold
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
amex plat includes starwood gold, not hilton gold
HHonors Gold was an unpublished benefit late last year. You just had to call in and ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.