Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by diburning
It is entirely possible to enjoy some content while criticizing the other less-than-honest content.
+1... he has terrific content. Especially as far as reviews go and then as far as his knowledge of products and programs.

But when he goes on his SJW crusades, and peppers in his bias political opinions that he’s a hypocrite on, I don’t know how that’s jealousy?

I think that’s called keeping a public figure accountable. Which in this day and age is perfectly acceptable. Someone made an analogy of a chef and restaurant critics. I think that’s totally applicable here. If someone wants to put their whole life in a blog, then be hypocritical, calling them out on it doesn’t make them jealous.
diburning likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Eringi
Hard to tell reading this thread
We appreciate the insight and your contributions... all 15 posts since you joined the community five months ago.
84fiero likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:05 am

I've noticed this new header on certain posts:
"Non-Affiliate Product Disclaimer: The information for the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card has been collected independently by One Mile at a Time. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer."

I guess we can take it to mean that anything that does not have this is an ad. What a backwards way of disclosures, but better than the TPG method of just saying "This post 'may' include links to an affiliate or info from an advertiser, up to you to guess whether its an ad or not lol top 10 ways to mommy with credit cards"
84fiero and rt23456p like this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:34 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Adam1222
I've noticed this new header on certain posts:
"Non-Affiliate Product Disclaimer: The information for the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card has been collected independently by One Mile at a Time. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer."

I guess we can take it to mean that anything that does not have this is an ad. What a backwards way of disclosures, but better than the TPG method of just saying "This post 'may' include links to an affiliate or info from an advertiser, up to you to guess whether its an ad or not lol top 10 ways to mommy with credit cards"
One wonders whether his affiliate partners require him to place that disclosure on non-affiliate posts....@:-)
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz
One wonders whether his affiliate partners require him to place that disclosure on non-affiliate posts....@:-)
Yes, I was assuming this language came from a compliance department. But it shows the deceptive nature of the whole credit card sales industry in that we only get clear disclosures when a post is *not* directly controlled/subjected to veto by an advertiser.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Yes, I was assuming this language came from a compliance department. But it shows the deceptive nature of the whole credit card sales industry in that we only get clear disclosures when a post is *not* directly controlled/subjected to veto by an advertiser.
Lol, yeah, some compliance department's way of saying:

Quite the CYA move...

But yes, no affiliate more strictly controls content than the credit cards. And so you do have to assume every blog post about them is a straight up advertisement written in compliance with affiliate requirements.

I have been pleasantly surprised with some affiliate programs like Safety Wing: they basically say 'even if you compare us to World Nomads and they come out on top we still want you to write about us because we value the honest comparison and what's important to you may not be important to others.' Can you imagine a credit card affiliate saying such a thing!?
84fiero likes this.

Last edited by kokonutz; Jan 6, 2020 at 3:00 pm
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:52 pm
Suspended

That looks like gibberish to me kokonutz.

And that's standard language that it seems all affiliates have to use - https://www.google.com/search?q=%22T...endently+by%22
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by stuck720
That looks like gibberish to me kokonutz.

And that's standard language that it seems all affiliates have to use - https://www.google.com/search?q=%22T...endently+by%22
Guess I hadn't noticed it before!
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kokonutz

Oh, now that's showing up for me. Bravo on the Shaggy reference sir.
kokonutz and 84fiero like this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Oh dear:

The email lists are one of the biggest assets of a blogger as it defines the audience...
Markie and rt23456p like this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:37 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Maybe Mailchimp flagged his account for way too many "credit card review" sales posts?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Unlikely. Such things are allowed...

https://mailchimp.com/legal/terms/#Rules_and_Abuse

https://mailchimp.com/legal/acceptable_use/

The only thing that I could think of is :

Include in your Campaigns, Websites, Ads, or account any material that wasn’t created by you, provided for you to use, or that would violate anyone’s rights. That includes text, photos, graphics, and other content.
Maybe someone reported an image or something OMAAT sent out.
84fiero, Adam1222 and rt23456p like this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:33 pm

Ouch.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:19 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Oh dear:

https://twitter.com/OneMileataTime/s...83755422941191

The email lists are one of the biggest assets of a blogger as it defines the audience...
It sounds like email for spam/junk folders or junk that just mostly remains unread in inboxes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.