Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:20 pm

Just booked YYZ to TPE for Nov. in business class using 75000 aeroplan pt. EVA was only releasing business class seats 14 days before departure earlier this year. I guess business class has been pretty empty so they decided to release them early? (Saw business seats for Chicago to TPE as well for Dec in J)
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Upgraded over the phone when i called them about my flight in a year for TPE-SFO(BR18). Seems to be pretty easy but I think they only do the upgrades like this for their Infinity Mileageland Diamond/Gold members. Also got an upgrade on my SF0-TPE(BR7) that is departing on the 28th of September.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by musicscrip
Just booked YYZ to TPE for Nov. in business class using 75000 aeroplan pt. EVA was only releasing business class seats 14 days before departure earlier this year. I guess business class has been pretty empty so they decided to release them early? (Saw business seats for Chicago to TPE as well for Dec in J)
When they open new routes, the award space always seems to be wide open. Once they start serving the route, then you will see them tune it down to 4 or sometimes none depending on the load. They are pretty stingy about releasing space to partner airlines/*A partners.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:55 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold
Looking forward to an upgrade with from Prem Eco to Royal Laurel TPE to IAH. Need to sort out how to transfer miles to my wife and son, but it looks like form initial research, it will be 40k miles each. Will update soon as I get this upgrade successful.

Last edited by bluetear; Sep 26, 2016 at 11:58 pm Reason: wrong thread initially
Old Oct 1, 2016, 5:33 am

Programs: LX M&M
2x C Class tickets TPE-PVG in January, using M&M.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:55 am

on wait list for TSA-HND-TSA award in Y on 1/24/2017 with IML as BR Gold
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:09 am

1 C class in January for ORD-TPE-SGN using ANA

Last edited by lowfareair; Oct 26, 2016 at 9:10 am Reason: wrong airport code
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Does anyone know what the load factors are for BR flights from YYZ to TPE? Planning a departure March 31, next year. Also how frequently are these oversold?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Does anyone know what the load factors are for BR flights from YYZ to TPE? Planning a departure March 31, next year. Also how frequently are these oversold?
March is off peak so loads should be pretty light. BR generally oversells Y by a lot and PE by a few but rarely oversell business class tickets. There is generally one to two empty seats that are blocked for oversell. If there is no need for the oversell, then they normally use that for upgrade awards.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
We have been redeeming our 150000 aeroplan pt per person to fly J on EVA from YYZ -TPE for a few years now and never had a problem getting J even during Aug summer peak season or March break or Christmas break. There is always more than 8 seats available for aeroplan on EVA J every time I checked and redeemed.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:40 pm
qsh

Programs: AS MVP BR *G
Request
3x YYZ-TPE-HKG rt in the past 3 years
I brought T class tickets and upgraded the YYZ-TPE/TPE-YYZ legs online
40k miles ow

Outcome
The ones I upgraded 3-6 months in advance all got waitlisted. Upgraded cleared couple months later.
My most recent upgrade cleared immediately as I booked the ticket only 2 weeks beforehand.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:07 am

Forgot to post my outcome:

Needed 4 tickets for June 2017, YYZ - TPE - SIN in J.

Booked almost 1 year out. SIN call center says there was 3 available, so split my booking into 3 & 1 pax. 3 pax cleared. I realized that if booked separate (YYZ - TPE, then TPE - SIN), the 2 segmensts have availability. Cancelled my waitlist and booked YYZ - TPE (same miles as YYZ - TPE - SIN). Waited for my miles to transfer over to find that TPE - SIN availability was gone. Now waitlisting for 1 ticket for TPE - SIN.

Last edited by fone; Feb 10, 2017 at 2:22 am
Old Feb 11, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold
used 15k miles upgrade TPE-MNL to Business just to experience it... I think even for a short haul, it was worth it
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:11 pm

I'm having trouble trying to use a SAUA for my TPE-SFO leg.

I booked a rt EVA B class Economy ticket from SFO-TPE from 12/27/17 - 1/14/18 and was able to use a SAUA upgrade for my 12/27/17 SFO-TPE leg (SAUA upgraded successfully on 2/3/17). The return leg of 1/14/18, however, was outside of the 331 day window listed on United's SAUA page when I initially tried to upgrade on 2/3/17.

Once I got within the 331 day window a few days ago, I tried upgrading my 1/14/18 TPE-SFO leg, but it keeps giving me an:

We were unable to complete your request due to a technical problem. In the U.S. and Canada call 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) within the U.S. or Canada, elsewhere use the local phone number. (Error code: 110)

It was able to find my flight itinerary, but the odd thing is that it shows 0 miles to upgrade instead of the expected 30k miles.

I tried calling EVA and confirmed that there are Z-class upgradeable seats. I called United multiple times and have gotten the following replies:

1. Something is wrong with the system. We will file a high priority ticket. Please try again in 24hrs
2. The 331 day window just opened and we may just need some time for our systems to upgrade.
3. UA rep called EVA rep and confirmed everything for my itinerary looked fine for fare class and that there were upgradeable seats and that it should work. EVA rep thought that maybe because my Infinity Mileage FF # was on my itinerary that was confusing the system so they removed it, but still no luck.

Anyone encounter this problem before? The 0 miles thing is really confusing me. Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:07 pm

Just used Aeroplan to book EVA business class for Dec 2017 YYZ to TPE return trip for 5 ppl. It's great that they release tickets so ahead of time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.