Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:07 am

In the past, Eva flights JKF/Tpe non-stop in royal laurel would be released on UA awards site about 7-10 days out. This time, they didn't open up till almost 72 hours prior. Mrs. checked on Friday morning and nothing. I did a quick check around 3 pm same day and only day available for following week was Tuesday...grabbed it!

Might be anomaly?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA-P, and Chase-ing the sapphire dragon
The crazy part is KVS shows tons of available seats among the few blocked, but no award seats. Anyone experience an OpUp with BR? or are they holding them all for their members?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:41 pm

Programs: AC E35
Does anyone know if the cancellation policy (free refund if within 24 hours of booking and 1 week out) is valid for ex-Canada departures as well? I've only been able to find documentation for ex-US flights.

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:58 pm

Programs: AC E35
updating my own post...

spoke with 2 different EVA customer service agents. The first seemed confused and said "yes, i think it applies for all of 'america' ". The following day i spoke with a second agent, and he went and checked with a supervisor (presumably) before stating that the policy only applied for ex-USA flights (more than 1 week away).

Hope this can be of use to someone else
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:21 am

EVA Air does not release award seats in Business Class for Hello Kitty Jet flights anymore. http://evakitty.evaair.com/en/

I checked the ANA Mileage Club system. Only TPE to HKG, FUK and CDG Business Class seats are released for dates near and far away. BR857/858, BR106/105, BR87/88. And TSA to SHA, BR772 (1 way).

For TSA to HND, TPE to ICN, CTS & NRT, only seats a few days away are released. SHA to TSA is also not released, BR771 (1 way). Not even for the same month.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 2:21 am

hi all, my family of 5 will be travelling next week from TPE to CDG. I hope its the hello kitty plane. Anyways, 3 of us will be in business class and my 2 year old daughter and I will be in economy. Do you guys think that the FAs will have a problem if my wife and parents have my 2 year old in business class with them for most of the flight, provided she isn't disruptive to other passengers?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I redeemed a round-trip itinerary in J from SHA-TSA for next summer last week.

It was a bonus as I was simply wanting a more convenient commute to and from each airport to that respective city's downtown area.

Looking forward to it!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:58 pm

Last week, purchased B class economy fare for travel LAX - TPE - MNL in January 2015.

Upgraded LAX-TPE online using UA MileagePlus miles to Royal Laurel Class.
TPE-MNL: upgrade not available.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA-P, and Chase-ing the sapphire dragon
Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto
Last week, purchased B class economy fare for travel LAX - TPE - MNL in January 2015.

Upgraded LAX-TPE online using UA MileagePlus miles to Royal Laurel Class.
TPE-MNL: upgrade not available.

NICE!

At the time of upgrade, did it show RL award seats available either on UA/MP or ANA/AP?

I was able to upgrade mine a couple months ago without it showing any award seats in RL...trying to see if there's a way to confirm upgrade availability without ticketing first.

Upgrades from TPE to outer Asia destinations weren't available for me either (went to DPS)...but found 20k for the 5 hour flight on older RL setup not worth it seeing that 30k got a full lie flat seat, glass on Dom (when they had it) and double digit flying hours.

Happy travels, and thanks!

Last edited by PacificStandTime; Dec 26, 2014 at 12:16 pm
Old Dec 30, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by sfo3388
I have done "buy B-class BR ticket and upgrade with UA miles" twice this year. Once in late January. Once in March/April. So far, all miles were credited to my UA account, roughly a week after the flight. The flights were between SFO and TPE. I got 6455 miles posted to my UA account for each segment.

I saw the statement (EVA Air Upgrade Award) in January and had same concerns about having miles posted to BR account. I called BR. The answer is that if you use BR miles to upgrade, you can only credit the flights to BR account.

One warning about the upgrade is that it is hard to change dates/flights. For example, I was trying to change my flight from BR028 to BR018 on the same date. The agent in Taipei office said he had to downgrade me to economy and return the miles to UA. I would have to re-apply with UA miles to the new flight from United.com.
Damn, I wish I had known about this trick earlier... not sure if I'm doing it right, but I'm flying back to SFO from TPE in <72 hours on BR18 (1/2). There is inventory in RL according to Eva's website, but when I put all my info into the UA redeem miles tool it says no upgrade available. According to Eva I have a B class ticket.

Could it be because I only made *G with my flight here? New status is showing in UA but when I check my flight info in Eva it still has me as Star Alliance Silver. Will calling improve my chances?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:54 am

Part of reason maybe Eva recently reduced their star alliance upgrade/award RL class and inventory for its own members. You can tell from United reservation as day getting more close in , more seats are opened, especially during the 72 hours period.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by sardonic
Damn, I wish I had known about this trick earlier... not sure if I'm doing it right, but I'm flying back to SFO from TPE in <72 hours on BR18 (1/2). There is inventory in RL according to Eva's website, but when I put all my info into the UA redeem miles tool it says no upgrade available. According to Eva I have a B class ticket.

Could it be because I only made *G with my flight here? New status is showing in UA but when I check my flight info in Eva it still has me as Star Alliance Silver. Will calling improve my chances?
Not sure if calling will help, but this has nothing to do with *G.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
YYZ TPE - Buy B and Hope for Upgrade or Buy PE?

I'm trying to weigh the following options:

1. Buy YYZ TPE in B class on EVA - if I can't upgrade, I'm stuck in coach for a very long flight and I won't be happy - cost is 1,500

2. Buy YYZ TPE in T (PE) class on EVA, which based on recent product reviews, is basically a nice Y product, not a real PE product, and I have no chance to upgrade to J via UA miles - but the cost is 1,700

Outbound is the week after Chinese New Year while the return is early March. No award seats that I can reference to upgrade availability, but is YYZ a generally safe *A upgrade, or are certain days much easier/harder than others?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I'm trying to weigh the following options:

1. Buy YYZ TPE in B class on EVA - if I can't upgrade, I'm stuck in coach for a very long flight and I won't be happy - cost is 1,500

2. Buy YYZ TPE in T (PE) class on EVA, which based on recent product reviews, is basically a nice Y product, not a real PE product, and I have no chance to upgrade to J via UA miles - but the cost is 1,700

Outbound is the week after Chinese New Year while the return is early March. No award seats that I can reference to upgrade availability, but is YYZ a generally safe *A upgrade, or are certain days much easier/harder than others?
I'd buy pe. It's next to impossible to find business class now
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by dtsm
In the past, Eva flights JKF/Tpe non-stop in royal laurel would be released on UA awards site about 7-10 days out. This time, they didn't open up till almost 72 hours prior. Mrs. checked on Friday morning and nothing. I did a quick check around 3 pm same day and only day available for following week was Tuesday...grabbed it!

Might be anomaly?
There are tons for this coming week on Aeroplan for JFK to TPE in RL...I just checked for 2 J seats.

We were able to get 4 J seats from TPE to YYZ in June 2014 4 months before departure date but no luck so far for Aug 2015 travel TPE to YYZ. But I was able to book 4 J seats from LHR to TPE for Aug.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.