Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:06 am

Programs: UA Gold, AS Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ac737
I'm a bit confused on a couple of int'l award rules...:

1) Can I fly mixed cabins for the J award price? (E.g. SFO-TPE in J, and TPE-KIX in Y)? The website seems to imply you can but when I asked one agent, she said J availability had to exist for TPE-KIX.
2) On a RT int'l award, can you connect within the same country (e.g. SFO-TPE / KHH-KIX, then KIX-TPE-SFO)?
Just as a follow up on these:
1) I talked to another agent and it is no problem to do this
2) This is also possible.

Other things to note:
a) You can change origin/destination but if they don't have all of the sectors available then it's much much tougher. We originally had SFO-TPE, TPE-SFO tickets in business, and then I wanted to make it SFO-TPE 3 day stopover, TPE-KIX, then return FUK-TPE-SFO. Though we already had SFO-TPE, and TPE-SFO tickets, and TPE-KiX and FUK-TPE segments were available, we couldn't add them on easily since they wanted to do an entire cancellation and reissuing. So we got lucky and the agent who helped us put in a manual request with the ticketing department to see if they could make an exception since we already had the transpacific segments confirmed. They eventually came back several days later saying it was approved.

b) the open jaw cannot include taiwan if it's another part of asia. I was curious if i could do SFO-TPE, and then FUK-TPE-SFO. This wasn't allowed.

Separately - i've spent a lot of time on hold with EVA. The on-hold music is catchy. Anyone have an idea what it is? Is it their boarding music? Is it something else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.