Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Services that we have lost so far

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by csdf
In my experience it's on approach, so about 20 minutes to landing.
Just flew BEY -> AUH on Sunday in Economy, and they shut off the IFE 40 minutes prior to landing. It seems like over the past few months they've gradually increased the amount of dead time with the IFE...
Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:18 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Diet Coke in Y.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:55 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
The 'five star experience' house is falling apart. Feedback based on two recent experiences 380 JFK and 777 LHE - Business:

777 LHE
- No amenity kit, expected
- No blankets, shocking. First attendant said there were none and end of story. Purser offered to bring one from economy 'if she could find one'

380 JFK
- No pyjama on A380
- No catering provision. Every other service request response 'I'll have to check if we still have biryani/beef/ vanilla ice cream'
- Arriving at AUH, sketch Toyota Previa chauffeur vans. Better off taking the airport taxi instead.

As a note, purser on 777 LHE profusely apologized for cut backs and acknowledged staff are facing brunt of this. Prepared a complaint and contact form for me on her tablet but doubtful if any follow up will happen.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
- no more fast track access at MXP, 20 minute regular security line on a paid F ticket MXP-AUH-MEL. Check-in staff (that we know quite well) were very apologetic and told us that buying fast track costs EY "much less than $5" per passenger.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: Etihad, Krisflyer, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by EFATO
- no more fast track access at MXP, 20 minute regular security line on a paid F ticket MXP-AUH-MEL. Check-in staff (that we know quite well) were very apologetic and told us that buying fast track costs EY "much less than $5" per passenger.
I've been on 3 planes routing from AUH to LHR where they have specifically tried to withhold the priority fast trak by simple not giving out the cards.

Shocking really.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Recent flight MAN-AUH in Y - Platinum status

Lounge offering really has fallen to new low after last visit a few months ago.
No at seat service, fewer staff, no menus, no a la carte options.
2 salads, both tired looking, mediocre hummus and very stale pitta.
3 hot options, penne pasta with tomato sauce (v), prawn biryani and tarragon chicken with potatoes and carrots. Certainly not 5 Star!! Most was just ok and not very appetising. Barely hot!
Still no Baileys!
Lounge was pretty full! How things have changed. Not sure how many have paid for access but many more than J cabin holds even when taking Gold and Platinums into account. Less staff and it shows, plates slow to be cleared and buffet not replenished fast enough. Glad I wasn't not paying Ł40 for the “privilege”

Onboard things got worse - no greeting, due to a seat change my status wasn't recognised, no priority meal service or 1st choice meal option as Platinum.
Once I collared the CM things improved the crew were falling over themselves offering me drinks etc.
No amenity kits in Y - similar to J daytime flights you can ask for items, cuts are really biting now if a toothbrush is optional!!
No second food service, not even coffee/tea before landing. I know MAN-AUH isn't a LONG flight but a 7.5 hour scheduled flight should have 2 meal and drinks services surely? Actual flight was nearer 6.5 hours but due to fog it took 50 minutes to reach the stand after touching down (I could have literally walked it faster!!), so was pretty hungry by the time I got to baggage claim...
Crew member who served me wasn't up to speed on the options - chicken, lamb or pasta was what was offered - when questioned she didn't know what they actually were; quote... "pasta is ravioli but not ravioli (it was cheese Tortellini and actually hot and quite tasty), chicken & vegetables and lamb & rice (lamb biryani) " I know not everyone is a gourmet but surely they were briefed on the dishes available - they don't change much from flight to flight!! Those menus they used to have would really have been useful!!

Overall not great this time round praying they improve for my next trip in Feb!!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Sounds like my very first flight with them in spring 05

Its chicken can't you read.
Yes but chicken what?
I don't know, something with chicken or something with fish and no we don't do vegetarian so what do you want?
JayCee1966 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Sounds like my very first flight with them in spring 05

Its chicken can't you read.
Yes but chicken what?
I don't know, something with chicken or something with fish and no we don't do vegetarian so what do you want?
If those were Emiratis serving you id excuse or, but in 2018 no way!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by akalra1187

If those were Emiratis serving you id excuse or, but in 2018 no way!
back then they were mostly russian, not to besmirch them, but they were. It was an absolute lack of training or idea on how to run an airline. The aircraft was a dry lease ancient piece of poo and the IFE didn't work

They poured drinks at the seat straight out of Smirnoff etc bottles. Mine was so strong I didn't care if the IFE worked.....
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
back then they were mostly russian, not to besmirch them, but they were. It was an absolute lack of training or idea on how to run an airline. The aircraft was a dry lease ancient piece of poo and the IFE didn't work

They poured drinks at the seat straight out of Smirnoff etc bottles. Mine was so strong I didn't care if the IFE worked.....
When I was in Muscat's lounge in the summer, I asked for a glass of Bailey's. Admittedly not the world's strongest alcohol (but full of calories).... the chap behind the bar gave me a full wine glass.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Magazines have been chopped!

Looks like from my past three or four flights that magazines in J are now the freebies they hand out in Abu Dhabi. Red Bull magazine and Shortlist kind of stuff. Nothing worth a proper read like esquire, economist etc...
was told they ‘may be available’ on the IFE but that obviously doesnt start until departure.

more BS cuts! Even all the way from LAX I can hear some bean counters backside squeaking!
Look out. Single ply toilet paper (recycled, of course) is next. Maybe they’ll allocate two sheets per passenger - 1 to clean, 1 to polish. Extras available at a fee for all except residence guests?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Other companies have found that continued cuts do not increase profitability as customers like myself go elsewhere.

expect to see even more "sales" and "special offers"

what they should be doing is investing in quality and thus being able to charge more.

Thank you Mr Hogan for bring down what had been a very good airline
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:08 am
Original Poster

It's Hogan's MO, spend lots of someone else's money and look like the messiah then run before his failings are uncovered
The backers aren't willing to stump up the cash anymore without seeing a return.

My guess, nay prayer, is that things will come back once all the outgoings have been uncovered and it looks like they are heading to profitability

I reckon the airline as a whole will be rebooted when the Midfield opens, else why bother
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:14 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
It still baffles my mind as to why EY even hired the man? He screwed GF and Ansett.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: EY Gold
Are the lack of fast track cards to LHR just Etihad being inconsistent or have they actually cut out the service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.