Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Services that we have lost so far

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:44 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by flying_fozzy
I wish I could sit in on some of the meetings they had discussing these points. I would love to know the thought process that went in to these changes.

How to lose return custom & alienate frequent passengers!
If you think what’s actually happened is bad........I hear that some of the discussions taking place are.......
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: EY Platinum
Do share...
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:04 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by csdf
Do share...
Cannot. What I am trying to convey (with a degree of subtlety) is that the cuts we have actually seen recently are really quite moderate versus what might have happened/might happen. I know it is stating the obvious but EY are in a world of confusion & pain.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Originally Posted by Acid
any feedback on AUH-ZRH? I have a flight coming up and wondering what to expect. Its been a 8 months since I last flew EY. Do we get amenity kits on this overnight flight?
Missed the response sorry

I flew MEL-AUH-AMS on the return trip

MEL-AUH was generally ok, I certainly wasnt blown away with the service or the catering.
The plus side of that leg was the lounge staff in MEL, they were absolutely great. Very helpful with allergies for my partner, good quality food and beverage. Table service etc. Was very pleased with it.

Lounge in AUH was the usual issues, roughly 30 minutes waiting for a shower, no more proper dining, staff seemed pretty uninterested.

AUH-AMS was better than the rest of the flights on this trip, its a daytime flight, so no amenity kits are distributed, but I kept mine from the previous leg so was ok, but I still think that they should definitely be offering an amenity kit on a sector of this length regardless of time of day. Fair enough if they stop pajamas (even though most of the cabin was asleep) but at least the amenity kit to freshen up.

The thing that made the AUH-AMS leg so much better was that we had both the F&B manager and Cabin Manager serving us throughout the flight, and they were both very good.
The catering was also much better than the other legs. Steak was very tasty and not over cooked. Ended up basically having a main meal and then 2 snacks on the flight and none of it was disappointing, especially compared to some of the meals on the outbound trip.

Finally. I was also able to access the lounge in AMS despite what EY told me.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jrunway
Paying an additional fee to pre-select seating in certain areas of Y (so-called 'preferred seats', a different category from legroom seats).
Side note: EK gives this for free to elite Skywards members, EY does not exempt elite Guest members from this surcharge.
Funnily enough they used to, gold and above didn't originally have to pay for exit rows etc but that lasted about a week

Apparently the sovereign wealth fund (I think this one is Mubadala) is looking at the airline as a whole and saying "why are we bothering" according to much on the web

Which is really dumb, Etihad made a profit, its former CEO made a $2,000,000,000 loss ! But that won't be equated
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Sorry all I've been remiss and will update the original post with a better list shortly

Its just so long..... the list that is
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:00 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Funnily enough they used to, gold and above didn't originally have to pay for exit rows etc but that lasted about a week

Apparently the sovereign wealth fund (I think this one is Mubadala) is looking at the airline as a whole and saying "why are we bothering" according to much on the web

Which is really dumb, Etihad made a profit, its former CEO made a $2,000,000,000 loss ! But that won't be equated
That’s wrong.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoY
That’s wrong.
How so ?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:28 am

Sorry all I've been remiss and will update the original post with a better list shortly

Its just so long..... the list that is
Not sure why it hasn't been mentioned but no through checking of bags on separate tickets should be on your list, too. And more to the point, the characteristically tacit and last minute manner in which it was "communicated".

Use any AA miles you might have on this moribund airline while you still can (see the AA forum for the yanks quite rightly panicking about EY availability - I still maintain it'll all be blocked soon) and spend your money on the competition, who, at every turn, are outdoing this somnolent husk of a company. I would have said EY miles but the last time I checked I needed about 3 million for a one way AUH-SYD and when attempting to use them for partner bookings it's notably less painful to just set fire to your face and put the flames out with a hammer.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 3:21 am
Original Poster

The AA guys shouldn't be whingeing about lack of availability, they get handed miles like confetti and have pretty much every guest seat in the transatlantic apartments booked up for months !
Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:05 am

I would say that the 100k-150k promotional sign-up bonus miles for the UAE EY credit cards and the favourable earn rates are not too dissimilar from what the AA guys get.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by amnicoll
What we are talking about is a steady decline and then a leap off the cliff.

Yes things may sometimes go wrong but when the airline does not care and it is a regular problem then it may be time to look elsewhere. Despite complaints premium passengers are often not given their own channel or priority for security screening at Abu Dhabi during transfer and the airline are not willing to take the case up with the airport management on behalf of their premium passengers.

I am going to give Emirates a try - otherwise probably Qatar although the times are less convenient for me without the chauffeur.
Left EY last year after burning nearly all miles and joined QR - good decision. Although QR is stricter when it Comes to Upgrades and Lounge Access BUT they are reliable and you are not lured into any Promotion while all other benefit and value of miles were mostly withdrawn or decreased.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: EK,EY
5000 when an Etihad employee takes my personal details home with him when starting a new business
Was it a cabin crew?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by milegentleman
Was it a cabin crew?
No it was a premium guest callback guy in Al Ain, tried to sell me property
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:41 pm

WHAT?! More details please, if you would. That sounds scandalous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.