Wiki Posts
Search

Services that we have lost so far

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Services that we have lost so far

As many of you are thinking of writing a farewell to Etihad I thought it would be useful to compile a list of just what we've lost of late so that we can include it in our rants.

No need for long essays just list the items and I'll keep updating this top thread to include them

Chauffeur Service
Amenity kits missing randomly from flights, seems to be no standard which Etihad follows. Also are missing from LHR flights which are over 6 Hours
Decent a la carte offerings in First Class lounge at AUH
2 Year wait for First Class lounge at AUH
Already overfull lounges offered on a pay basis
Spa treatments
On board choice of f&b
Ground handling
Call centres, plus the line quality when transferred is awful and often disconnects
Menus in Y
Wifi Costs now per MB and more expensive
No longer any mileage/tier bonuses
Devaluation of Miles already accrued
Considerable drop in mileage earning, particularly for saver fares plus also removed upgrade eligibility from several fares
Reward shop devalued miles
AUH Transit, no effective or monitored access for premium guests through security. Easily sorted by having an Etihad member of staff on hand
Meals increasingly missed in flight
Food constantly running out in flight in J and F, forget first choice there's no food left at all
Being constantly ignored when things go wrong, if 5000 Guest Miles don't sort the problem then good luck to you
Erratic compensation awards, 20,000 for broken In Flight Entertainment, 5000 when an Etihad employee takes my personal details home with him when starting a new business
I have seen 3-15,000 miles awarded for a broken on board shower - why isn't there a rate card

Please do list some as well

Last edited by Dogmatick; Jun 27, 2017 at 5:38 am Reason: Updated
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: IB G; EY S
Decent priced wifi, menus in Y
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Flying ARN-ZRH-AUH-MEL in J on Wednesday
Will report back after that flight
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by flylonghaul
Flying ARN-ZRH-AUH-MEL in J on Wednesday
Will report back after that flight
Very good measuring stick, please report back unlike others who never practice what they breach. Heard amity kit only available on 6 hrs or more trips, so would like confirmation back on that issue if you can.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by lightyear40
Very good measuring stick, please report back unlike others who never practice what they breach. Heard amity kit only available on 6 hrs or more trips, so would like confirmation back on that issue if you can.
As EY really doesn't believe in rules, there will be no rule for amenity kits as well.

It's not >6 hrs or over midnight, at least not as a consistent rule.

Last edited by thbe; Jun 25, 2017 at 3:40 pm
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:40 pm

- flights with horrible business seats without direct access to the aisle for a while
- less staff for managing the security check queues, therefore only little chance for priority line
- extremely decreased chance for operational upgrades from C to F from 28%/2015 to 4%/2017 on my flights (less flights with F, decreasing load factor, upgrades more based on arbitrariness)
- worse lounges outside AUH
- increased amount of guest miles necessary for awards/upgrades
- less guest miles for saver fares
- no upgrades (money/miles) from some fares
- less value per guest mile at the reward shop
- even the Platinum hotline doesn't work anymore
- no Perrier or Coke Zero anymore (maybe not the most important point, but I'm missing them)
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:12 pm

ZRH-AUH is just slightly over 6 hours, but still not expecting an amenity kit sadly.

Issues that I assume will be worse than last year are on board catering, security lines at AUH and no amenity kit.

Already not getting lounge access in AMS on the return leg a month later according to EY, which I think is not acceptable for a more than 4 hour transfer even if the flight is opd by another airline. Will still try my luck though.

But yes will report back next week, still hoping for a good flight but have lowered my expectations since my last premium EY flight
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Too many Northern passengers is a great loss.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by akalra1187
Too many Northern passengers is a great loss.
Depends on the price paid...

I have paid a lot less to fly EY from other starting points in Europe.
(All my travel is leisure so positioning doesn't bother me mostly)
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:11 am

No amenity kit on day flight from LHR yesterday. >6hrs.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thbe
-
- even the Platinum hotline doesn't work anymore
The number on my card gets me straight through with no press this and that other than for the language. Line quality was awful though, have PM'ed you the number
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
The number on my card gets me straight through with no press this and that other than for the language. Line quality was awful though, have PM'ed you the number
I did not mean technically. They write me back fast and promised to solve two issues and nothing happened since then.

Two years ago they've really worked good.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: IB G; EY S
Originally Posted by flylonghaul
ZRH-AUH is just slightly over 6 hours, but still not expecting an amenity kit sadly.
flew it couple days ago in J and got a Kit

Still waiting for them to reply to an email from 15.06 regarding compensation for an 11hours delay and horrible treatment, no answer so far, couple of follow ups, nothing...
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by PatongPilot
flew it couple days ago in J and got a Kit

Still waiting for them to reply to an email from 15.06 regarding compensation for an 11hours delay and horrible treatment, no answer so far, couple of follow ups, nothing...
Good to know!
Will be a good data point to see if I receive the same.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
AUH Transit, no effective or monitored access for premium guests through security. Easily sorted by having an Etihad member of staff on hand
Also needs someone to man the screening all too often up to half the scanners not being used

To add to the list:
-Unrefurbished 777s
-Broken in flight entertainment
-the personal service from Manchester Airport lounge with my choice of reading materials ready and waiting - they are no longer allowed to go out and buy them
-poor customer service when things go wrong

This can all be summed up as lack of customer focus - there are famous examples that demonstrate cost cutting to simply lead to less customers and then more cost cutting whereas investing in quality will yield far better results on the bottom line

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.