Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Services that we have lost so far

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by BobBHX
I am a wheelchair user. I do not have any accompanying passengers. People like tommy123 who abuse the system just to jump a queue and get to the lounge faster cause knock-on problems for the rest of us. If someone is pushing Tommy and his like around the airport then they are not available to collect genuinely disabled passengers. I have had transits in AUH of nearly 3 hours where I haven't been able to visit the lounge because of the delays in getting wheelchair service.
Well said. I think its shocking that people will go to these sort of lengths just to sit down in a lounge ten minutes quicker than anyone else. After all, lounges are only there to pass the time whilst waiting for a flight. Of course nobody likes to waste their time queuing up, but its just a part of life. Move on.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
Well said. I think its shocking that people will go to these sort of lengths just to sit down in a lounge ten minutes quicker than anyone else. After all, lounges are only there to pass the time whilst waiting for a flight. Of course nobody likes to waste their time queuing up, but its just a part of life. Move on.
+1

Not worth it for the sake of a Gin & Tonic, + despite how often I fly through there, no matter how long the lines it hasn't ever taken me longer than ten to fifteen minutes at the very very most to get through transit whatever the time of day.

Waited interminably so many times for my now late father to receive the wheelchair he really did need, sure if one was provided when I was there I would certainly have pushed him myself and waited in lines. Anyone who thinks that is how it works in an airport, wheelchair pickup points I mean, really hasn't had to use one (thankfully for them)
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
I'm really interested to know why people should not be eating at 23.30??
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:29 am

Programs: EY Platinum
Because it's really annoying for the 98% of people who normally eat their last meal of the day between 17.30 and 21.00 and want to sleep.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by csdf
Because it's really annoying for the 98% of people who normally eat their last meal of the day between 17.30 and 21.00 and want to sleep.
According to what time zone? Arrival or departure? Or somewhere in between?

Not to mention 5.30pm is a ridiculous time to have dinner if you're from, say, Spain. Even in London most would consider 5.30pm to still be afternoon tea time.

Your location says Abu Dhabi, I find that interesting because during my time in Dubai (half the year) I find a fair few people have dinner 11-12pm, with the median time being around 9.30pm, I assumed Abu Dhabi would be the same.

I've only seen people in the US eating dinner at 5.30pm, not really anywhere else in the world.

Last edited by akalra1187; Jul 26, 2017 at 5:05 am
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: EY Platinum
I gave a generous time span to accommodate those who eat early (e.g. many Dutch and Scandinavians eat early, by 6) and those who eat later. Outside of Spain and Argentina, most places I've been in the world people have at least started dinner by 9pm.

Personally, I find it frustrating when I board one of the 2-3am flights departing AUH and am kept awake for 2 hours whilst they serve dinner, leaving only a few hours before landing. I don't know of any country in the world where it's normal to eat a meal at 3.30am.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:56 am

Personally, I find it frustrating when I board one of the 2-3am flights departing AUH and am kept awake for 2 hours whilst they serve dinner, leaving only a few hours before landing.
If you're heading East, it can be approaching time to get up in the morning at your destination. The usual routine is to set yourself to your destination time and try to adjust your sleeping patterns to that.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:48 am
Suspended

I gave a generous time span to accommodate those who eat early (e.g. many Dutch and Scandinavians eat early, by 6) and those who eat later. Outside of Spain and Argentina, most places I've been in the world people have at least started dinner by 9pm.

Personally, I find it frustrating when I board one of the 2-3am flights departing AUH and am kept awake for 2 hours whilst they serve dinner, leaving only a few hours before landing. I don't know of any country in the world where it's normal to eat a meal at 3.30am.
Ok if you were giving a broad spectrum that makes sense to start at 5.30 but people in Southern Europe, GCC, India and South Asia and parts of the Far East (not all but many Japanese eat very late) will often be eating at midnight so I'd say 9.30 is very conservative.

Also my point is whilst it may be 9pm at the departure point that doesn't mean it will be that time at the arrival point.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: EY
Couple more things that have disappeared:

The onboard entertainment guide

Eligibility of Gold members to use the Business Class lounge in AUH

Bonus baggage allowance for Abu Dhabi Government employees and additional baggage allowances based on tier level no longer stack
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Tonight saw another one for the pile.

Refusal to provide a large bottle of water on an overnight sector!

All new lows here from EY with a CM who just shrugs his shoulders and says he’s following standards!
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flying_fozzy
Tonight saw another one for the pile.

Refusal to provide a large bottle of water on an overnight sector!

All new lows here from EY with a CM who just shrugs his shoulders and says he’s following standards!
in what class?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
In Y.

Hoping we’re going to get another defence of poor EY service?

for background - I normally ask for a large bottle of water on overnight flights. I normally get through a bottle easily. If sleeping and I wake up and I don’t have a bottle to hand I will have to press the bell, wait, request and wait again. This completely knocks you out of trying to fall back to sleep again, therefore the bottle is handy. It has NEVER been an issue, until last night. The cabin lead even pullled the line the ME3 are struggling right now yarn... really!?! So much so that you think they can’t stretch to a 1dirham bottle of water for a platinum?

its ridiculous and even more laughable when the crew say they are following standards! Standards are clearly at an all new low. This must have been a check flight.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by flying_fozzy
In Y.

Hoping we’re going to get another defence of poor EY service?

for background - I normally ask for a large bottle of water on overnight flights. I normally get through a bottle easily. If sleeping and I wake up and I don’t have a bottle to hand I will have to press the bell, wait, request and wait again. This completely knocks you out of trying to fall back to sleep again, therefore the bottle is handy. It has NEVER been an issue, until last night. The cabin lead even pullled the line the ME3 are struggling right now yarn... really!?! So much so that you think they can’t stretch to a 1dirham bottle of water for a platinum?

its ridiculous and even more laughable when the crew say they are following standards! Standards are clearly at an all new low. This must have been a check flight.
Jesus. no words.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:40 am
Original Poster

We've lost the Ticket desk in London ! ...

Turned up at the airport, I'd like to upgrade with miles please. "sorry we cannot do that here anymore". Can I pay cash for an upgrade, "No"

Then three others promptly do just that (pay cash) as I'd been misinformed
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:42 am
Original Poster

London will lose its Spa on the 31st of August, they're removing them from all lounges around the world shortly

Undoubtedly they'll call it an improvement that we've long been demanding

Or they'll say no one was using them - which is because they took access away from almost everyone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.