Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Services that we have lost so far

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Dine on Demand.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by DatBoi
Dine on Demand.
My experience earlier this month... not true.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:54 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Recondite
My experience earlier this month... not true.
agreed, always had it on my flights even this year.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:31 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Yeah, even I had it on my longhaul flights as recently as two months ago.
My dad however reported this to me two days ago.
I do not know if it is policy or laziness yet
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by DatBoi
Yeah, even I had it on my longhaul flights as recently as two months ago.
My dad however reported this to me two days ago.
I do not know if it is policy or laziness yet
​​​​​

The other thread indicated the latter.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
ARE amenitykits still offered in F AUHJFK?!

Also so what are they lga carye options in the F lounge?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:01 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
AUH-BKK Business Class flown last night by Mrs. NoY. 11.30pm departure. No breakfast available prior to landing - not because it was too late. She asked they said there is nothing. Just drinks . Tea or Coffee only. This is new?? How low can they go..........
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Flying J tomorrow night DEL-AUH (A321) and AUH-JFK (A380). Do they give out amenity kits in Business or should I carry my toothbrush?

Gathering from this thread, Dine On Demand is a hit or miss, although the website still says they provide this service.

On another, yet similar, note-- Is there a way to see their most current wine list somewhere on the internet?

Many thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by knit-in
Flying J tomorrow night DEL-AUH (A321) and AUH-JFK (A380). Do they give out amenity kits in Business or should I carry my toothbrush?

Gathering from this thread, Dine On Demand is a hit or miss, although the website still says they provide this service.

On another, yet similar, note-- Is there a way to see their most current wine list somewhere on the internet?

Many thanks!
On the JFK flight they will provide a weak amenity kit and on the DEL flight a toothbrush should be available on demand.
About the wine - In F it is embarrassing [See: Worse than EK J] and in J the picks are so bad that it really doesn't matter whether you see the wine list or not.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by NoY
AUH-BKK Business Class flown last night by Mrs. NoY. 11.30pm departure. No breakfast available prior to landing - not because it was too late. She asked they said there is nothing. Just drinks . Tea or Coffee only. This is new?? How low can they go..........
I was on EY406 in J a few weeks ago. From what I remember, dinner was available and offered immediately we were up in the air. As I'd eaten in the lounge I chose to leave it until prior to landing and had steak and potaotes then. I don't even recall a breakfast option, but that may have been because I'd delayed dinner.

Last edited by ft101; Mar 30, 2018 at 2:45 am
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:14 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ft101
I was on EY406 in J a few weeks ago. From what I remember, dinner was available and offered immediately we were up in the air. As I'd eaten in the lounge I chose to leave it until prior to landing and had steak and potaotes then. I don't even recall a breakfast option, but that may have been because I'd delayed dinner.
Mrs NoY didn’t want dinner at 11.30pm (having already eaten) so expected, as a minimum, fruit/pastries/smoothie, but to offer nothing is just plain dumb. I am pretty much done with EY (not because of this) but their scheduling is what keeps Mrs NoY returning. Unfortunately.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Gold
In March I flew MAN-AUH-MNL return, three segments in Y and one in J. For the first time, having done this route about 10 times, there were no amenity kits on night flights in Y. There were also no hot towels given out for the first time in my experience.

I accept these are minor things but the accumulative effect does become frustrating.

I note an improvement with AUH security priority for status passengers in both T1 and T3. T1 required letting a member of staff know and T3 had a dedicated line. Neither verified my status and took my word for it, perhaps because I was smartly dressed.

Menus in Y were removed about a year ago or so and continue to be a problem. I have mentioned several times that they need to make the menus available online or on the IFE system to make it easier for passengers to make an informed choice. Being asked if I want beef, pasta or fish is unhelpful. That said, since attaining Gold, my status has been recognised in Y with an FA introducing themselves with most of them giving me first choice on meals in advance. Only one has been unhelpful with meal choice and that was AUH-MAN, 21/03/2018.

Mike
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Dine on Demand still lives....

Just completed AUH-MAN-AUH over the easter weekend in J

I can happily confirm DoD is still alive and well. Both legs I was allowed to choose the timing of meals and snacks.

I can also unhappily confirm Etihad's inconsistent J service is also still kicking around too... As a Platinum Guest I still like/expect some recognition of that status and that the crew should respond accordingly. The AUH-MAN route has much fewer Platinum and Gold members so there is really no excuse.

Outbound on EY15 the crew we're pretty much dialing it in - absolute minimum effort required to get the job done. Feedback complaint already sent. No status recognition from CM, F&B manager or any crew in the J cabin. No greeting onboard. I wasn't expecting rose petals guiding me to my seat or a personal attendant at my beck and call, just a little extra attention - not much to ask for and still free!! I wasn't looked after at all. I wasn't one of the first to order meals or be served, as Platinum I have usually had that pleasure. Food choices were available and received - breakfast was incomplete though and pastries were stale.

Inbound on EY16 was a completely different experience. Personal greeting and thanked for return business on boarding, F&B manager welcomed me by name and again thanked me for flying again. She was engaging all flight, not just with me either. My food order was taken first even though at the front of the cabin, served first and was constantly checked on by F&B manager. Could not fault her at all. Looks like the menus have changed too from 1st April. I'll try and upload the one I kept hold of. F&B manager said they are trying to rotate menus every few months - something positive about the service for a change. Positive feedback already sent in.

Sadly there was no sign of the CM not even a "Hello how are you"..

A quick mention about the Chauffeur service too. New Mercs are not as comfortable IMO as the Audi's, maybe the seats need bedding in more!!
Excellent drivers though. Mine had a blow out on the E11 to the city and the driver handled it very well. Pulled over to a safe location, put out the triangle etc. then called for a replacement car. Turned up within 20 minutes.
Again can not fault them. Positive feedback already sent in.

Originally Posted by Recondite
​​​​​

The other thread indicated the latter.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:39 pm

Doesn't it sound a bit cringe when you write to complain about "lack of recognition"? (if indeed you did). It's not as though you were deprived of any tangible and meaningful amenities.

Agree it makes a difference when they do it properly, but doesn't strike me as the kind of thing which you can sensibly complain about to the airline if it's not done.

Last edited by stargold; Apr 3, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
My main complaint was about poor overall service by the crew in J - "Outbound on EY15 the crew we're pretty much dialling it in - absolute minimum effort required to get the job done." The status gripe is more about what they should already be doing with their frequent flyers. Etihad are always banging on about how they value their FFs, "We recognise the importance of our frequent flyers to our business " was a direct quote from the feedback team a few weeks ago. If the management aren't aware of the crew shortcomings then how can they address/rectify the issues?

You'd think with all the EY cuts being implemented seemingly weekly, anything they can do for free would be something they could capitalise on.

Originally Posted by stargold
Doesn't it sound a bit cringe when you write to complain about "lack of recognition"? (if indeed you did). It's not as though you were deprived of any tangible and meaningful amenities.

Agree it makes a difference when they do it properly, but doesn't strike me as the kind of thing which you can sensibly complain about to the airline if it's not done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.