Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2006, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
The staff member that you talked to is either lazy or misinformed, call again

I don't remember seeing beds in the Marhaba lounge but they might still eb there. The accomodation rules are very blury. See this thread for more info:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...highlight=STPC

Cheers
Hi Sadiq

I called twice and got the same answer from two different people. I was told that the rules stated that you needed a minimum of 'M' Class of Economy to get the hotel room, and because mine is 'L' class that I wasn't entitled.
I have flown 'cattle class' before when I was desperate for a seat, and even then I got a hotel on arrival, and that was with PIA!

Who can I contact on email to try and clarify things, it seems theres no clarity to the process at all...

Please help!
Old Nov 6, 2006, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Winging It
Hi Sadiq

I called twice and got the same answer from two different people. I was told that the rules stated that you needed a minimum of 'M' Class of Economy to get the hotel room, and because mine is 'L' class that I wasn't entitled.
Which city are you calling? If you booked through a TA, ask them to arrange it. If you phoned Dubai, try NYC or vice versa. If you get the same answer from everyone, it's quite possible that EK changed their rules

Cheers
Old Nov 6, 2006, 5:01 pm

Which city are you calling? If you booked through a TA, ask them to arrange it. If you phoned Dubai, try NYC or vice versa. If you get the same answer from everyone, it's quite possible that EK changed their rules

Cheers

Hi there!

I booked through a TA. Maybe they could help. I called the UK offices, though their website number given. Maybe I could try other offices, but when I called they were reading the rules directly off the screen, so they were not making their own interpretation. Mind you, not sure what kind of hotel it would have been anyway, and I was assured the money I saved on this ticket (betweel Economy L and M) was more then enough to get a nice room in the Le Meridien. I just don't know, maybe I should hire a CLS Merc for the day instead and drive around te UAE
Old Nov 6, 2006, 6:19 pm

Programs: Skywards Sliver
Originally Posted by Winging It
Hi there!

I booked through a TA. Maybe they could help. I called the UK offices, though their website number given. Maybe I could try other offices, but when I called they were reading the rules directly off the screen, so they were not making their own interpretation. Mind you, not sure what kind of hotel it would have been anyway, and I was assured the money I saved on this ticket (betweel Economy L and M) was more then enough to get a nice room in the Le Meridien. I just don't know, maybe I should hire a CLS Merc for the day instead and drive around te UAE

All economy tickets allow for hotel accomodations, except the lowest one... which i think is L.

Anyways, the hotel you would have got.. is not really good standard.. it is enough to put your bags and sleep thats it....

I have stayed there once before, I can tell you it wasnt much..

Anyways.. good luck...
Old Nov 6, 2006, 7:30 pm

As far as I know, the lowest EK fare bucket is V. The codes are in decreasing order

F A J C Y W M B K Q H L T V

Cheers
Old Nov 11, 2006, 5:24 am

As far as I know, the lowest EK fare bucket is V. The codes are in decreasing order

F A J C Y W M B K Q H L T V

Cheers

The following are the fare bucket for EK flights from Australia to Dubai

F A C J Y B M H Q V W T K L (decreasing order)

According to Seatcounter.com, the lowest fare bucket for EK is L
Old Nov 14, 2006, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Sagribader
The following are the fare bucket for EK flights from Australia to Dubai

F A C J Y B M H Q V W T K L (decreasing order)

According to Seatcounter.com, the lowest fare bucket for EK is L
It may vary route to route, but I am almost 100% sure that V is lower than L across the EK network.

Also - I don't think C could ever be a more expensive bucket than J since J availability is always greater than C availability - but then again EK might be playing games with us
Old Nov 15, 2006, 11:29 am

Question good seats?

My wife and I are flying to Sydney business class on Feb 15 via Dubai on EK04 seats 9a and 9b.EK386 seats 5J and 5K. EK 418 11J and 11k and returning 09 March on EKk 419 7J and 7k . EK387 5J and 5k and EK 29 7J and 7K We have not flown business class before so I picked these seats from the seat guru .Have I made a good choice or where did I go wrong,
Thanking you in anticipation

Welsh wombat
Old Jan 31, 2007, 6:38 am

Business class seats query

I wonder if anyone can help with this query? I have business class seats booked on the following flights, and after several days reading postings in this thread, and the postings in the 'Which routes have ICE?' thread, I am throughly confused! I think the jargon is too much for me.... I would like to know what type of aircraft and seats I am going to get on

EK038, BHX-DXB on 27th March
EK352, DXB-SIN on 28th March
EK344, SIN-DXB on 10th April
EK344, DXB-BHX on 10th April

Also, on EK038, am I correct in thinking that in row 4, the back row of business class, (I think!) the seats will have limited recline?

Any information would be much appreciated.
Sue E.
Birmingham, UK
Old Jan 31, 2007, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Sue020
I wonder if anyone can help with this query? I have business class seats booked on the following flights, and after several days reading postings in this thread, and the postings in the 'Which routes have ICE?' thread, I am throughly confused! I think the jargon is too much for me.... I would like to know what type of aircraft and seats I am going to get on

Also, on EK038, am I correct in thinking that in row 4, the back row of business class, (I think!) the seats will have limited recline?

Sue E.
Birmingham, UK

I hope this helps.. its not all the information, but will point you in the right direction.

EK 038, Aircraft type: Airbus Industrie A330-200 (no First Class seating)
Recommended: Seats 4 A/B, last row of business class

EK 352, Aircraft type: BOEING 777-300ER Jet (No First class seating)
Recommeded: Row 2,3,4,5

Same aircraft types on return legs.

I'm sure there other people that will have much more information than i do.

Try posting a new thread more people will reply there.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Sue020

Sue E.
Birmingham, UK
I flew on some of these sectors recently and my trip report has some further details which you may find useful.

The ICE system fitted to many Emirates aircraft offers 500 channels of entertainment and is superior to the older TV & Radio system which offer a very limited range of content and smaller screens.

EK038 BHX-DXB is a 330-200 with TV & Radio entertainment. Not sure about the recline issue, but SeatGuru does not flag these as problems seats.
EK352 DXB-SIN is a 777-300ER which had ICE when we flew it in December.
EK344 SIN-DXB is a 777-300ER which should have ICE.
EK039 DXB-BHX is a 777-200 which had ICE when we flew it in January.

The 777-300ER's are excellent aircraft and you will be delighted with the seat pitch and entertainment.

There may be aircraft changes at the last moment, but I hope this information helps.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:11 am

Many thanks for the assistance with my query, things are much clearer now. My apologies for getting the flight number of the DXB-BHX journey on 10th April wrong - I quoted EK344, and it should have been EK039, as you obviously worked out.
Sue E.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 7:42 am

Have a super trip, but don't be too disillusioned by the lounges in BHX or DXB which are amongst the most unpleasant places I have ever visited whilst travelling.

They're more than made up for by the amazing lounge in SIN.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 5:09 am

Programs: Skywards
Hi,

I am quite familiar with J/Y in all aircraft, so I can help in this regard.

Cheers

Hi Sadiq

Any info on this is appreciated.
My wife and I are flying DXB-MEL with 2 kids (2yr and 4yr) on EK404 (29-March) in Business class.
I am pretty sure the flight is operated by the ol' 777-300 (3 class), and the seat maps are available on Seatguru and Emirates.com.
However, the lady from the Emirates had me thoroughly confused this morning when I rang up to reserve some seats. She (almost) convinced me that row 8 in Business class is not a bulk-head seat (she's saying it's the 2nd row).
When I pointed out that the seat map on Emirates web site is different, she told me that the booking system that they use is normally more accurate than info on the web-site, as they use it to book special needs seats (eg wheelchairs, infants, etc). So I took her word for it, but I'm still not convinced.
What do you think?

Cheers

Glen
Old Feb 11, 2007, 6:04 am

Programs: Skywards
A quick update to add to my confusion. I just followed your "dummy booking" trick from another thread (nice one!) to see available seats on this flight. And sure enough, there's only 5 rows in Business Class and they start at 7. This makes row 8 indeed as the Emirates lady explained ...
Go figure ...
Also, I heard that in addition to the old pre-ICE system they have 50 videos on demand, whatever this means, in Business class. Is this true, and if so any ideas how it works?

I appreciate your comment mate.

Cheers

Glen

Originally Posted by melb_flyer
Hi Sadiq

Any info on this is appreciated.
My wife and I are flying DXB-MEL with 2 kids (2yr and 4yr) on EK404 (29-March) in Business class.
I am pretty sure the flight is operated by the ol' 777-300 (3 class), and the seat maps are available on Seatguru and Emirates.com.
However, the lady from the Emirates had me thoroughly confused this morning when I rang up to reserve some seats. She (almost) convinced me that row 8 in Business class is not a bulk-head seat (she's saying it's the 2nd row).
When I pointed out that the seat map on Emirates web site is different, she told me that the booking system that they use is normally more accurate than info on the web-site, as they use it to book special needs seats (eg wheelchairs, infants, etc). So I took her word for it, but I'm still not convinced.
What do you think?

Cheers

Glen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.