Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2005, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by fly747first
HAVE YOU GONE MAD? THE SEAT PITCH OF EK'S BUSINESS CLASS SEATS ON THE A340-500 IS NOT 38'' BUT 60''.
Thank you for your kindness to point out this mistake.

Yes 38" looks small, and the seat pitch is small, compared to the A330-200 and 340-300 in business class.

I do not know where your 60" come from. Is this an airline information? I don't believe all informations given out by airlines.
Example: EK says seat pitch in economy on the A330-200 is 34". If you look closer, they say "up to 34". This pitch you can find only in bulkhead seats, not between seat rows, where the pitch is 31".

This is the reason why I find it important to share our expirience.

I do not have the chance to travel on a 340-500 in the near future. I hope other can confirm how big the seat pitch really is.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by dusordua
Yes 38" looks small, and the seat pitch is small, compared to the A330-200 and 340-300 in business class.
Hi, It has been measure to approximately 59". There is no way it can be 38", the pitch is MORE than any other EK aircraft (where J is between 48" and 55")
Old Feb 25, 2005, 7:57 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by dusordua
A340-300 Economy class:

Seating: 2-4-2 (EK says they have 2-4-3 too - I never saw it and hope I never will).
Seat pitch: 31" = 79 cm
Seat width: 17,5" = 44,5 cm
Seat recline: 6" = 15 cm (EK-information)
TV-screen: 6" = 15 cm (EK says 6,5" = 16,5 cm).

EK is indeed not lying about the TV. 6"5 if the distance from the top left to the top right of the screen - all airlines measure their PTV's like that

Also, EK abandoned the 2 x 4 x 3 at the last minute - thank god
Old Mar 2, 2005, 4:56 am

Programs: some
I'm booked on my first EK flight from CAI-DXB later this year, in business. AC is a 777-200. Does anyone have any seat recommendations? I'm in 1K for now.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
777-300

Row 15, first row of Y, is the bulkhead. Lots of legroom and first for food service. Great if you can put up with the young children that get seated around you.

Roger
Old Mar 2, 2005, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by rogerj
777-300

Row 15, first row of Y, is the bulkhead. Lots of legroom and first for food service. Great if you can put up with the young children that get seated around you.

Roger
Is the 200 similar to the 300. I often don't like bulkheads (less space) but they can be quite good too.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 1:16 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by Fliar
I'm booked on my first EK flight from CAI-DXB later this year, in business. AC is a 777-200. Does anyone have any seat recommendations? I'm in 1K for now.
Are you sure you are in 1K ? That's first row in F as the 772 on CAI-DXB currently has a three-class configuration.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by ngfan
Are you sure you are in 1K ? That's first row in F as the 772 on CAI-DXB currently has a three-class configuration.
Pretty sure as we looked at the seatmap at the Emirates office and I 'handpicked' it. Now that would be a scream!

Is it always 3-class?
Old Mar 3, 2005, 4:03 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Is it always 3-class?
Yep, both my flights this year (772 in Jan 05 and 332 in Feb 05) were 3-class. Maybe they will change that for the summer schedule but I wouldn't really expect that as long as their competitor on that route (SQ) still uses an F-equiped 777.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 2:02 pm

Programs: SkyWards Ex Silver & BA
777-200 seating

Which seats on a 777-200 two classes Biz (J) & Sardines (Y)?

First of all I am not going to cover J as I have only ever been in there once on an Emirates 777-200 and all 49 seats are far superior to any in Y.

First the seats you do not want, first is 9C & H these look good on the "Seat Map" but I am certain they are a few cm’s narrower than any other, hence the table cannot be deployed without overlapping the adjacent seat, also you at risk of having those dammed trolleys push straight in to your legs or people trampling all over them as they queue for the toilets.

Then row 9A,B,D,E,F,G,J&K + row10C&H + row 27D,E,F&G + row 28A,B,C,H,J&K because the seat in front does not have a seat in front so the IFES is stowed under their seat so you have reduced leg room.

Row 8, (and I presume row 26D to G) priority is given to families with young children as they can hang the bassinets on the bulkhead and it is not a place to be near if you enjoy a bit of peace and quiet.

Row 27 A,B,C,H,J&K look nice with all that leg room but that comes at a price, it is right by the toilets so again you are going to get trampled, practically with the “toilet queue trolley shuffle”, and then there is the bonehead who has to come and lift the shade on the emergency door to see the sunrise, blinding everybody.

As for seats to recommend I would go for Rows 36 – 38 A,B,J&K two abreast at the back of the plane.

BB
Old Mar 5, 2005, 9:26 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Basil B
As for seats to recommend I would go for Rows 36 – 38 A,B,J&K two abreast at the back of the plane.
I've recently done quite a few trips on both 777-300 and 777-200. As I was travelling with my sister, we went the back few rows as you suggested.

The seats were very good, but there was one major problem.

On probably 90% of the sectors, by the time we got served, we didn't have a choice of food. Fortunately, we're both the sort of person who'll eat anything, so it didn't bother us too much.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Mar 5, 2005, 1:45 pm

Rkenyon, do you know if the bulkhead on the 777-200 is okay? That's what I currently have assigned.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 12:23 am

Programs: SkyWards Ex Silver & BA
Rkenyon, do you know if the bulkhead on the 777-200 is okay? That's what I currently have assigned.
Fliar,

Had the misfortune to be allocated 8J on a 777-200 (or equivalent seat on a A330) the isles seat of two at the front of coach the other seat was taken by a young mother with a 6 month old travelling alone who had nether flown before.

She was coming to the UK to join her husband, she did not appreciate a man sitting next to her as she wanted to breast feed and it is not pleasant sitting next to someone who does not want you there, the flight was full so there was nowhere to move too so that was another very unpleasant flight.

Originally Posted by Basil B
Which seats on a 777-200 two classes Biz (J) & Sardines (Y)?

....Row 8, (and I presume row 26D to G) priority is given to families with young children as they can hang the bassinets on the bulkhead and it is not a place to be near if you enjoy a bit of peace and quiet...

BB
BB
Old Mar 6, 2005, 2:00 am

Thanks for the warning.

I'm 8 rows away from row 8 if indeed I'm in row 1. I'll ring EK to check that is indeed correct and if not, and it's the first row in the C cabin, change it double quick.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 5:59 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

VIE-DXB-MRU and vice versa in C - recommendations

Airbus 330-200
Seats 4 A/B, last row of business class, but still with full recline - most privacy in C
avoid the 3 seat middle section

Boeing 777-200
Seats 11 J/K in the larger of the to C sections - okay like all other seats in the window sections
Avoid:
Bulkhead seats in the middle section - especially on night flights the bright light of the large main screen (kept on all the time) won't let you sleep
Last row of both sections due to limited recline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.