Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:25 am

Out of interest, has anyone tried a NHS test for flying to DXB

Last edited by suley; Aug 5, 2021 at 4:51 am Reason: Second question already answered
Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by suley
Out of interest, has anyone tried a NHS test for flying to DXB
not allowed…
thijsseh likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by m3red
not allowed…
Thought so, I flew with Qatar recently and a few people had NHS certs which I was supprised to see were accepted.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 11:25 am
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Does anyone have any experience flying out of Morocco? I've received conflicting information. As a PCR is needed to Transit, we are flying CMN-DXB-USA w/ Emirates. However we were flying into Morocco from Italy the day before our emirates flight. Can we get the PCR done in Italy before flying to Morocco? As long as it's at one of Emirates approved testing sites? Obviously the PCR is more than what we need for US Entry, but is required by Emirates for transit & won't be in Morocco for more than 24 hours, which makes getting a PCR in Morocco more difficult

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 7, 2021, 4:15 pm

I apologize if this has been asked and answered but looking back I could not find a concise answer and honestly I am just confused.

Does Emirates accept RT-PCR testing or does it specifically have to be a PCR?

I can’t find a simple explanation of how a RT-PCR and PCR test differ, if in fact they do.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 5:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by sappervet
I apologize if this has been asked and answered but looking back I could not find a concise answer and honestly I am just confused.

Does Emirates accept RT-PCR testing or does it specifically have to be a PCR?

I can’t find a simple explanation of how a RT-PCR and PCR test differ, if in fact they do.

Thanks in advance for any help.
It's the same test, people just shortened to PCR.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 5:48 pm

Thank you, much appreciated!
Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Just to make certain, you do need a RT-PCR test. People call it PCR and there is an actual PCR test, but that's not the one approved by WHO for testing Covid. Just ask for a RT-PCR test and don't shorten it.

Here's some information below:
https://discoverygenomics.com/2952/rtpcrtest/
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:31 pm

Perfect, that is exactly what we have set up.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 6:30 am

Random PCR - DXB

Hi all, I'm reading on the EK website that some passengers maybe subject to a random PCR on arrival (regardless of what country they are coming from) and they need to quarantine until the result is back. I'm coming from a country where only the pre-departure PCR is mandatory and no further tests are required in DXB, but this "random" test could still apply.

Anyone had any experience of this random PCR test and can say how random is random? (one/10/100 passenger each flight or could be none)

Thank you
C.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by DoubleWidesFly
Does anyone have any experience flying out of Morocco? I've received conflicting information. As a PCR is needed to Transit, we are flying CMN-DXB-USA w/ Emirates. However we were flying into Morocco from Italy the day before our emirates flight. Can we get the PCR done in Italy before flying to Morocco? As long as it's at one of Emirates approved testing sites? Obviously the PCR is more than what we need for US Entry, but is required by Emirates for transit & won't be in Morocco for more than 24 hours, which makes getting a PCR in Morocco more difficult

Thanks in advance!
You can get same day PCR tests in Morocco, it does need to be valid at the time of departing. Depending on the time you fly into Casablanca, you can possibly get a same day test if you land in the morning. Otherwise I would pick somewhere accepted in Italy by Emirates and use that for boading. If questioned, I would just show the boading card into Morocco at checkin to show you are transiting in Morocco.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:35 pm
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Anyone use their chauffeur ride to go for a pcr drive thru test?

Need to pop over to festival city during a 9 hour stop over (chauffeur bookable) and really tempted to get the driver to do a round trip. Weird but can't see it being totally unreasonable compared to UAE wide coverage they offer.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by suley
You can get same day PCR tests in Morocco, it does need to be valid at the time of departing. Depending on the time you fly into Casablanca, you can possibly get a same day test if you land in the morning. Otherwise I would pick somewhere accepted in Italy by Emirates and use that for boading. If questioned, I would just show the boading card into Morocco at checkin to show you are transiting in Morocco.

I took PCR test in Morocco, results came in 6 hours
Old Aug 19, 2021, 11:34 pm

Similar to the question above, if flying BRU - IST - DXB - YYZ

Based on https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...ents/tourists/

IST is on the list of countries that require a PCR test prior to transiting DXB. If i'm only in IST for an hour and a half. Would the RT-PCR test I take at BRU suffice for both DXB and YYZ as both would be within the 72 hour window? or does the test HAVE to be from Istanbul? I wasn't sure if the time duration of the test (72 hours) satisfies the requirement or if the location the test is taken is required as well.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by emustyle
Similar to the question above, if flying BRU - IST - DXB - YYZ

Based on https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...ents/tourists/

IST is on the list of countries that require a PCR test prior to transiting DXB. If i'm only in IST for an hour and a half. Would the RT-PCR test I take at BRU suffice for both DXB and YYZ as both would be within the 72 hour window? or does the test HAVE to be from Istanbul? I wasn't sure if the time duration of the test (72 hours) satisfies the requirement or if the location the test is taken is required as well.
Take it in BRU, since your going to be airside and I assume its being interlined your baggage. Canda's reg require you to have it taken within 72 hours of your flight from DXB. I would say if possible find a testing place on the day at BRU, there seems to be more 3 hour labs around so try that. Helps you meet the Turkish requirements and DXB flights
emustyle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.