FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Skywards Tier Retention (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/2014425-skywards-tier-retention.html)

BadoRas Jun 30, 2020 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou (Post 32495279)
i have it on good authority that the majority of the pax with a PLATINUM tag on their bag aren't even platinum anymore, it's just an old tag :D

Some people are very determined to do anything that in their mind elevates them from the swamp!

I requalified for platinum in January and my review date is 30 April, so I can legitimately plaster the luggage tags everywhere until exactly 12 months from now!!

I also qualified for tier mile rollover, and had 50,000 of my excess tier miles rolled over into the new earning cycle.

Great timing eh? With Australia not allowing any international travel for at least 12 months, I will be unable to earn any additional tier miles. I will re-focus by purchasing shirts with a large and prominent pocket. That should do the trick!!!

:D:D:D

Dambus Jul 2, 2020 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y (Post 32447458)
BA have introduced a 12 month extension today, great gesture.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...12-months.html

Even Aer Lingus have gotten around to a 12 month extension for most:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32498706-post29.html

Come on EK!

maisondubonheur Jul 3, 2020 7:44 am

So, renewal date was 30th June for me. Currently, system is telling me in now need 35k miles before end of October (I had flights in July 2019). With very limited flying going on till the end of 2020...whatever is happening. I don't understand why EK doesn't make a move to re-assure their Gold levels or other levels per se. With the matching from Qatar, if EK doesn't come fast with a decent proposal, they won't give us any other choice.

maisondubonheur Jul 28, 2020 1:15 am

Has any of you seen any information? Interesting, on emirates.com, the mention of limited amount of miles needed to renew seem to have disappeared too. I guess the process must be under review. My last flight was mid-march...first time for me in 30 years that I don't go on a plane in 4 months!

torontoflyer Jul 28, 2020 3:24 am

Originally Posted by maisondubonheur (Post 32563704)
Has any of you seen any information? Interesting, on emirates.com, the mention of limited amount of miles needed to renew seem to have disappeared too. I guess the process must be under review. My last flight was mid-march...first time for me in 30 years that I don't go on a plane in 4 months!

I'm on the same boat. I've had zero flight activity since Mid March. Feels weird, but I'm in no hurry in going on any non-essential travel. Actually, these 4 months have been great, with some much needed family time. So thats the silver lining.

Dambus Jul 28, 2020 4:51 am

Not sure a status extension if of much use to me anymore.

Being Dublin based at the moment I can't figure out how to actually fly EK given the new testing requirements!

Possibly:
- Pretend to have symptoms in order to get a test scheduled through the health service
- Wait a random number of days for the results
- Assuming a negative result immediately book an EK flight carefully ensuring not to exceed the 96 hour window, particularly if connecting (what happens if connecting flight cancelled/delayed?)
- Repeat process at destination for the return journey!

Or could just fly BA... God help us.

modularmayhem Jul 28, 2020 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Dambus (Post 32563936)

Being Dublin based at the moment I can't figure out how to actually fly EK given the new testing requirements!

Possibly:
- Pretend to have symptoms in order to get a test scheduled through the health service
- Assuming a negative result immediately book an EK flight carefully ensuring not to exceed the 96 hour window, particularly if connecting (what happens if connecting flight cancelled/delayed?)

Same boat as you.... have gone over and over it, but there is currently no way to comply with the rules in DUB, so the EK flights must surely be empty

ft101 Jul 28, 2020 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Dambus (Post 32563936)

Possibly:

Surely there's a private hospital or clinic offering test services? If there's not a test facility already on the list, that's what they tell you to use.

ft101 Jul 28, 2020 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by maisondubonheur (Post 32563704)

T
The information is still there: 70% of miles to retain and an extension until the end of the year for some.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...ywards-status/

Andreaswil Jul 28, 2020 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by BadoRas (Post 32389859)
Don't sweat it. Platinum really doesn't mean that much!

this is not true. The two best benefits for me is (at the moment was) the breakfast or lunch in the F lounge. And the VIP parking lot in the Dubai mall. Especially when you go there on the weekend. no more 30 min - 1 hour parking lot search.

iFlyMoreThanYou Jul 28, 2020 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 32565685)
T
The information is still there: 70% of miles to retain and an extension until the end of the year for some.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...ywards-status/

Was this recently lowered? Thought it was 80% before and remembering quite a cheap offering..

sealsgod Jul 29, 2020 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Andreaswil (Post 32565950)
this is not true. The two best benefits for me is (at the moment was) the breakfast or lunch in the F lounge. And the VIP parking lot in the Dubai mall. Especially when you go there on the weekend. no more 30 min - 1 hour parking lot search.

drive to the mall 20 mins, founding parking 1 hours, shopping 45 mins, back home 20 mins. if not shopping also can earn miles, I will prefer emirates mall

sealsgod Jul 29, 2020 8:03 am

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou (Post 32565963)
Was this recently lowered? Thought it was 80% before and remembering quite a cheap offering..

any rumor will extend all member to next year

iFlyMoreThanYou Jul 29, 2020 8:14 am

Originally Posted by sealsgod (Post 32566700)
any rumor will extend all member to next year

I don't really see them having a choice not extending status - but admittedly I haven't heard of anything concrete yet.

lost_in_translation Jul 29, 2020 9:22 am

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou (Post 32565963)

It was 80% before, this has changed. They should just announce an extension and have done with it / stop wasting their team's time, most passengers aren't coming back before 2021.