FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Skywards Tier Retention (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/2014425-skywards-tier-retention.html)

thijsseh May 10, 2020 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou (Post 32363885)
My girlfriend put in a good word for me ;)

In all seriousness, not sure why - the pack was with my assistant in the morning

Gosh, iO. What benefits does that give you above Plat? Or is that ‘confidential’?

Will08 May 10, 2020 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou (Post 32363885)
My girlfriend put in a good word for me ;)

In all seriousness, not sure why - the pack was with my assistant in the morning

Would be interesting to see if you still get CD in Y in the current climate...

iFlyMoreThanYou May 10, 2020 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by S.R (Post 32364092)
Congrats! Now I’m curious how much you’ve spent with EK over the past year. If so much of your travel is in Y, not sure how you qualified since you probably still didn’t spend as much as we thought was required for iO.
Maybe they’re loosening the requirements to some of the more frequent flyers to give an incentive to fly more once operations resume normally again? Just a guess

that's what I'm thinking, I had a few flights in paid J and F last year, maybe 15? The rest (80-90?) were all in Y or upgrades. My company also isnt a high spender with EK so I'm not sure what prompted this, I had a ridiculous amount of tier miles but relatively low spend. It wouldnt surprise me if this is an incentive to get me to fly again and only lasts a year.

Originally Posted by thijsseh (Post 32364323)
Gosh, iO. What benefits does that give you above Plat? Or is that ‘confidential’?

Dont believe they're confidential but with the current climate I dont really know what to expect. I dont really think there are benefits over platinum. For example, I rarely use the CD (2h cut off) when I do fly J/F. I arrive at dxb 50min before departure so I dont have time for the lounge eithee but it does add unnecessary attention. The way I see it is higher chance of getting an upgrade!

Originally Posted by Will08 (Post 32364405)
Would be interesting to see if you still get CD in Y in the current climate...

To think EY would offer this to their gold members in the past!

ft101 May 10, 2020 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou (Post 32363734)
Rumor has it status extensions of 6 months are currently under consideration

I'm confused. I thought this was already being done?

iFlyMoreThanYou May 10, 2020 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 32365004)
I'm confused. I thought this was already being done?

i was under the impression it was 2 (3?) months and only for those with renewal dates up to december?

ft101 May 10, 2020 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou (Post 32365015)
i was under the impression it was 2 (3?) months and only for those with renewal dates up to december?

March to September renewals extended to December, which from posts 52 & 53 on the previous page looks like it's status until October and the two month's additional privileges taking it to December.

New (to me) on the website is the line

We’re coming up with more ways to support you at this time, so keep your contact details up to date.
so hopefully something extra on the way.

sealsgod May 11, 2020 8:20 am

may be they will update everyone once everything resume to normal, that what i guess

Dambus May 12, 2020 6:52 pm

Incremental changes only...

Retaining tier status
Emirates Skywards Silver, Gold and Platinum members with a tier review date prior to 1 April 2021 will retain their current status for a further 12 months with just 70% of the usual travel requirements.
Extending tier status
Emirates Skywards Silver, Gold and Platinum members, with a tier status review between March 2020 and September 2020 who are unable to retain their existing tier, will have their existing status extended until 31 December 2020.

DYKWIA May 13, 2020 2:37 am

Great... Not! :mad:

sealsgod May 13, 2020 7:08 am

this is a very old announcement, since they stop flying in March already saying something like this I hope there will have a new update in July for better solution

Dambus May 20, 2020 3:16 am

Sigh...

In Dec/Jan I had just started to do some additional Asia travel and had enough booked over the summer to hit Plat for the first time by August.

Now, all trips cancelled and I am (under current rules) due to drop to Silver on my October 2020 renewal date.

All relative, I know....

BadoRas May 20, 2020 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Dambus (Post 32389610)
In Dec/Jan I had just started to do some additional Asia travel and had enough booked over the summer to hit Plat for the first time by August.

Now, all trips cancelled and I am (under current rules) due to drop to Silver on my October 2020 renewal date.

All relative, I know....

Don't sweat it. Platinum really doesn't mean that much!

Dambus Jun 6, 2020 11:40 am

2 more weeks behind us. Any hints or rumblings of updates to extended status?

S c 0 TT y Jun 11, 2020 6:35 am

BA have introduced a 12 month extension today, great gesture.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...12-months.html

KillaPowa Jun 16, 2020 5:23 am

Airlines need to realise (and I am sure they do) that Business travel will dramatically decrease....firms will have noted that they are paying for a great deal of non-essential travel, as well as belts tightening. Therefore competition will get fiercer and unless EK seriously re-jig Skywards to be remotely generous, it will be an issue for them.