FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Skywards Tier Retention (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/2014425-skywards-tier-retention.html)

thijsseh May 3, 2020 12:32 am

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 32344564)
they don’t even do this consistently

Lol, not getting your preferred shower slot must be in the running for ‘the most first world problem’ ever. :D

lost_in_translation May 3, 2020 3:03 am

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 32344286)
You'll retain Silver at least until the end of the year I think

Emirates Skywards Silver, Gold and Platinum members, with a tier status review between March 2020 and September 2020 who are unable to retain their existing tier, will have their existing status extended until 31 December 2020.

I get that which is definitely better than nothing, but my point was more it just feels a bit odd that I'm being demoted back to Blue again shortly when I was only a couple of thousand Tier Miles away from Gold with months of my earning year left and was left with no possibility of taking any more flights. Weird consequence of how Skywards renewal system works in your first year and is basically going to mean I probably go back to only using QR and WY in future, which surely isn't what EK intended to achieve.

lost_in_translation May 3, 2020 3:06 am

Originally Posted by S.R (Post 32344101)
One slight benefit of Plat is if you're in A380 F on an elite heavy route, the first choice for shower slot is beneficial since the ones close to landing do fill up. But you're right, EK doesn't make it very exciting to reach Plat if you're already in F or J. I think EK Plat is one of those tiers that isn't very aspirational, ie you don't try to fly more to reach it. You just end up getting it because you have to fly that much.
I would like to be iO though :D

I'm not sure if you should chalk that up as a 'former' benefit of Plat, could be a long time before there are a significant number of A380s flying again and probably even longer before F is full on them!

iFlyMoreThanYou May 3, 2020 4:18 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation (Post 32344856)
I'm not sure if you should chalk that up as a 'former' benefit of Plat, could be a long time before there are a significant number of A380s flying again and probably even longer before F is full on them!

I think most on FT need a reality check: while they say to do, airlines do not care about loyalty programmes. True loyalty is dead. Loyalty programmes are data farms and nothing more.

ElJudioErrante May 3, 2020 8:16 am

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou (Post 32344944)
I think most on FT need a reality check: while they say to do, airlines do not care about loyalty programmes. True loyalty is dead. Loyalty programmes are data farms and nothing more.

Loyalty programmes are valuable mailing lists and can be/are tailored for targeted promos.

redeternet7 May 4, 2020 2:57 am

My sibling had their Silver Tier turn back to blue (now its May 2020, with the 12+1 month rule)

Emirates announce they will extend all Tier statues until December 2020, has anyone successfully had their status extended?

ElJudioErrante May 4, 2020 3:22 am

Originally Posted by redeternet7 (Post 32347034)
My sibling had their Silver Tier turn back to blue (now its May 2020, with the 12+1 month rule)

Emirates announce they will extend all Tier statues until December 2020, has anyone successfully had their status extended?

My requalification date was 30 Apr 2020, on 01 May that was extended (showing on App) by another 6 months.

ft101 May 4, 2020 6:59 pm

Requal date was 31st March and now showing 31st October, which is neither 6 months nor the end of December. It does however say the latest status might not show immediately so I'll just wait and see what happens.

moral_low_ground May 6, 2020 12:45 am

My Silver expiration date is Aug 31st and still shows as that.

Bit confused over EK's policy with miles. I have a load that are due to expire 31st Dec 2020 and got an email saying that EK was extending the validity and now they won't expire until Dec 2020 ????

If I login I get the message "xx,xxx Miles to expire on Invalid date" but if I look at my statement it still says my miles will expire end of this year. Hopefully EK give me another year or else just does the decent thing and scrap stupid expirary dates (like UA have done) or extend them ad infinitum if there is activity (like just about everyone else).

iFlyMoreThanYou May 10, 2020 9:56 am

Rumor has it status extensions of 6 months are currently under consideration

m3red May 10, 2020 10:13 am

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou (Post 32363734)

so how did you get i\o flying Y?

sealsgod May 10, 2020 10:38 am

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou (Post 32363734)

6 months is still too less, it should be same as hotel extend for a year even more. also some airline already extend their program by giving tier points to member account. there is no harmful as when every things back to normal, if I have nothing benefit on this airline, it is very easy for pax change their FFP to others company.

iFlyMoreThanYou May 10, 2020 10:55 am

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 32363773)
so how did you get i\o flying Y?

My girlfriend put in a good word for me ;)

In all seriousness, not sure why - the pack was with my assistant in the morning

iFlyMoreThanYou May 10, 2020 10:56 am

Originally Posted by sealsgod (Post 32363844)
6 months is still too less, it should be same as hotel extend for a year even more. also some airline already extend their program by giving tier points to member account. there is no harmful as when every things back to normal, if I have nothing benefit on this airline, it is very easy for pax change their FFP to others company.

Ek is not really known to be generous. Airlines dont really care about loyalty programmes, anyway.

S.R May 10, 2020 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou (Post 32363885)
My girlfriend put in a good word for me ;)

In all seriousness, not sure why - the pack was with my assistant in the morning

Congrats! Now I’m curious how much you’ve spent with EK over the past year. If so much of your travel is in Y, not sure how you qualified since you probably still didn’t spend as much as we thought was required for iO.
Maybe they’re loosening the requirements to some of the more frequent flyers to give an incentive to fly more once operations resume normally again? Just a guess