Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2020, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UAworldwide
Latest Updates On The Emirates Website for COVID-19 Can Be Found Using The Following Link:

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...tes.aspx/#3515

Updated Thursday 12th March 2020

IATA - Latest Travel News
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...pub=autodetect

Flights have been suspended to the following destinations (as of 12 March 2020)

Americas
  • Fort Lauderdale: 13 to 31 March
  • New York JFK – Milan: 11 March to 03 April
  • New York EWR – Athens: 13 March to 31 March
Europe
  • Venice: From 12 March - 03 April
  • Milan: From 13 March – 03 April
  • Bologna: From 13 March – 03 April
  • Rome: From 14 March – 03 April
  • Warsaw: From 15 March - 28 March
  • Turkey (IST/SAW): From 17 March - 31 March
Far East
  • Guangzhou: From 05 February until further notice
  • Shanghai: From 05 February until further notice
  • Bangkok - Hong Kong: From 9 March – 31 March
  • Taipei: From 16 March until further notice
Gulf, Middle East
  • Kuwait: From 14 March to 31 March
  • Tehran: From 26 February until further notice
  • Beirut: From 17 March to 31 March
  • Cairo: From 19 March to 31 March
  • Iraq: From 17 March to 31 March
  • Amman: From 17 March to 31 March
  • Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: From 09 March until further notice (except special flights from 12-15 March)
Africa
  • Casablanca: From 16 March - 31 March
Asia
  • Sialkot andPeshawar (Pakistan): From 15 March to 31 March, flights to/from Sialkot will be re-routed through Lahore, and flights to/from Peshawar will be rerouted through Islamabad. Affected customers will need to make their own way to rerouted airports and will receive an email with their rebooking details.

Rebooking and Refunds:

As detailed in the travel advisory using the Emirates link above

Dedicated Coronavirus Forum On FT

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coronavirus-travel-773/

​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Coronavirus - Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:17 am

The travel agent who booked my mum's ticket got information through about the offer and he says it only applies for TRAVEL before end of March, not any booking made before end of March. Because she is traveling on like the 4th of April, he is unwilling to change for free. Surely this is wrong or have I misunderstood it?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:45 am

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
thanks for letting us know, how long did the regular queue take you? I'm on a redeye tonight. Egates were open just 3d ago...
About 10 minutes in fast track lane. This news article suggests departure egates closed from 8 March:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gulfnew...ers-1.70238309
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:05 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by Lkaroo
About 10 minutes in fast track lane. This news article suggests departure egates closed from 8 March:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gulfnew...ers-1.70238309
thanks for clarifying. I've read that too (there also was a rumour it was closed from 1st march) but was there on both 6th and 8th and they were open.... strange. I'll report back tomorrow.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:00 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by bebopforever
Despite what that says on Emirates' website, an Emirates agent just now totally contradicted those terms (with an attitude) saying refunds for flights to MXP from JFK are not permitted, only waivers for change fees, but new travel dates have to be submitted by March 31. Nervermind that IATA just posted this:ITALY – published 09.03.2020

1.Passengers traveling as tourists are not allowed to enter via airports in below listed areas.
2.Passengers arriving at airports in below listed areas, are allowed to enter if they are traveling on business, for health reasons, in an emergency or if they reside in one of these areas. A completed “Self-declaration" form must be presented upon arrival.
- Areas: Alessandria, Asti, Lombardy, Modena, Novara, Padova, Parma, Pesaro and Urbino, Piacenza, Reggio Emilia, Rimini, Treviso-Venice, Verbano – Cusio - Ossola and Vercelli.
It looks like the JFK-MXP flights are now cancelled.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:31 pm

It looks like ALL new bookings (up to a certain date?) are now fully refundable?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Egates are still closed on arrival at dxb
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:02 pm

Seems Gulfnews does not know the differance between arrival and depatures, think it means all arrivals cant use e-gates where as those leaving DXB probably can, I wonder if they still need to stamp or can just swipe passport, starting to get low on pages!
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by suley
Seems Gulfnews does not know the differance between arrival and depatures, think it means all arrivals cant use e-gates where as those leaving DXB probably can, I wonder if they still need to stamp or can just swipe passport, starting to get low on pages!
They didn't stamp my passport at the egates during departure a few weeks ago.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by suley
they dont stamp anymore unless you ask (for example for Visa purposes) is what I've found. Of course ymmv and you may get someone that just stamps it
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:53 am

Change fee £340 - new ticket £300 - no coronavirus waiver

Hi folks

I had a return ticket from Ho Chi Minh to London booked for the end of Feb. I couldn't get to Ho Chi Minh because they weren't accepting flights from my country of residence at the time.

The cost to change the ticket origin and date was £340. A brand new one way ticket was £300. This is terrible in itself but Emirates refused to take the extenuating circumstances into account.

I now see they are advertising flights with zero change fee just one week after their most recent refusal. I'm pretty annoyed about that. Is it worth me pursing it further? I've already bought the new ticket and my HCM to DXB to LHR was marked as a no show despite be calling three times before hand to tell them I wouldn't be on those flights. Cheers.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:07 am
Suspended

they key word here is "travel insurance"
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by adenzin7
they key word here is "travel insurance"
The key word here is the corona thread we already have
Old Mar 11, 2020, 7:08 am

Doesn't anyone think it's quite ridiculous that a brand new ticket is cheaper than changing an existing one? I'd never have thought that possible
Old Mar 11, 2020, 7:13 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by dingobingo
Doesn't anyone think it's quite ridiculous that a brand new ticket is cheaper than changing an existing one? I'd never have thought that possible
No. You could have cancelled and got the taxes back (at least), and then re-booked.

I don't think EK are handling this that well, but they can't be held responsible for you not being able to get to you flight departure point. As has been said, that's what travel insurance is for. The same as if you missed your flight because there had been a car crash that blocked your way to the airport.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:15 am

I see thanks. Taxes were £30 so I was still £10 better off buying a new ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.