Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UAworldwide
Latest Updates On The Emirates Website for COVID-19 Can Be Found Using The Following Link:

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...tes.aspx/#3515


Updated Thursday 12th March 2020

IATA - Latest Travel News
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...pub=autodetect

Flights have been suspended to the following destinations (as of 12 March 2020)

Americas
  • Fort Lauderdale: 13 to 31 March
  • New York JFK Milan: 11 March to 03 April
  • New York EWR Athens: 13 March to 31 March
Europe
  • Venice: From 12 March - 03 April
  • Milan: From 13 March 03 April
  • Bologna: From 13 March 03 April
  • Rome: From 14 March 03 April
  • Warsaw: From 15 March - 28 March
  • Turkey (IST/SAW): From 17 March - 31 March
Far East
  • Guangzhou: From 05 February until further notice
  • Shanghai: From 05 February until further notice
  • Bangkok - Hong Kong: From 9 March 31 March
  • Taipei: From 16 March until further notice
Gulf, Middle East
  • Kuwait: From 14 March to 31 March
  • Tehran: From 26 February until further notice
  • Beirut: From 17 March to 31 March
  • Cairo: From 19 March to 31 March
  • Iraq: From 17 March to 31 March
  • Amman: From 17 March to 31 March
  • Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: From 09 March until further notice (except special flights from 12-15 March)
Africa
  • Casablanca: From 16 March - 31 March
Asia
  • Sialkot andPeshawar (Pakistan): From 15 March to 31 March, flights to/from Sialkot will be re-routed through Lahore, and flights to/from Peshawar will be rerouted through Islamabad. Affected customers will need to make their own way to rerouted airports and will receive an email with their rebooking details.

Rebooking and Refunds:

As detailed in the travel advisory using the Emirates link above

Dedicated Coronavirus Forum On FT

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coronavirus-travel-773/





​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Coronavirus - Emirates

Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:41 am
  #76  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SIN
Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
Posts: 288
Originally Posted by Longton
"While we have seen some slowdown in certain markets there has been high demand in other areas," Adel Al Redha,Emirates' chief operating officer, said on Tuesday.

I wonder what the high demand routes are.

Definitely DAC will be one of them...
LonghornDXB is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2020, 3:12 am
  #77  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,250
Originally Posted by Katykat
Our flight from Brisbane to Singapore on 20/3 has been cancelled. Going in tomorrow to find out our options. Singapore- Dubai- Manchester not affected as yet.
It was due to finish at the end of the month anyway so looks like they've pulled that forward a bit. There's still direct BNE-DXB flights or QF BNE-SIN depending on your needs. Have a look before you go so you can ask for what suits you best.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...te-march-2020/

https://www.routesonline.com/news/29...sbane-flights/
ft101 is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:03 am
  #78  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: EK1 ML5A ;-)
Programs: EK iO
Posts: 699
Originally Posted by LonghornDXB
Definitely DAC will be one of them...
Or it could be saving face
iFlyMoreThanYou is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2020, 8:42 am
  #79  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 105
I have tickets on Emirates from JFK to Milan for mid April.

It is amazing that they have not cancelled these flights and did not announce any refunds/change free exemptions, when Delta and American outright cancelled all the flights from the US to Milan until May.

Any idea what their thinking is? Milan and Lombardy are the hardest hit regions outside of China. And they keep flying A380s daily from and into JFK daily.
LeoNYC10 is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2020, 9:29 am
  #80  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Posts: 1,367
Originally Posted by LeoNYC10
I have tickets on Emirates from JFK to Milan for mid April.

It is amazing that they have not cancelled these flights and did not announce any refunds/change free exemptions, when Delta and American outright cancelled all the flights from the US to Milan until May.

Any idea what their thinking is? Milan and Lombardy are the hardest hit regions outside of China. And they keep flying A380s daily from and into JFK daily.
Didn't Delta and AA cancel because the crew refused to operate the flights? I wonder if EK crew have that kind of sway
kq747 is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2020, 9:38 am
  #81  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 18,470
Originally Posted by kq747
Didn't Delta and AA cancel because the crew refused to operate the flights? I wonder if EK crew have that kind of sway
Indeed. And the Alitalia MXP-JFK flights are still operating.

If the US officials were worried, they'd have banned the flights.
DYKWIA is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:03 am
  #82  
Moderator, Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Where My Heart Is
Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Posts: 3,377
Originally Posted by LeoNYC10
I have tickets on Emirates from JFK to Milan for mid April.

It is amazing that they have not cancelled these flights and did not announce any refunds/change free exemptions, when Delta and American outright cancelled all the flights from the US to Milan until May.

Any idea what their thinking is? Milan and Lombardy are the hardest hit regions outside of China. And they keep flying A380s daily from and into JFK daily.
Bookmark the following link and keep a close eye for any updates https://www.emirates.com/us/english/...ravel-updates/
Saltire74 is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:06 am
  #83  
Ambassador, Emirates
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LGW / AMS / CPT
Programs: SA KL BA EK
Posts: 4,221
Originally Posted by LeoNYC10
I have tickets on Emirates from JFK to Milan for mid April.

It is amazing that they have not cancelled these flights and did not announce any refunds/change free exemptions, when Delta and American outright cancelled all the flights from the US to Milan until May.

Any idea what their thinking is? Milan and Lombardy are the hardest hit regions outside of China. And they keep flying A380s daily from and into JFK daily.
I just checked. In the next HOUR there are 28 flights departing from MXP. Not a single flight departing in that hour has been cancelled.Dont you think that if there was a major risk flying to / from that airport there would a different picture? Just because YOU have a ticket and presumably would prefer not to travel (which is entirely your right, by the way), you think the airline should now entertain free cancellations for mid April. Does not compute, Im afraid.
thijsseh is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2020, 3:56 pm
  #84  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Land of Oz
Posts: 931
Originally Posted by thijsseh
I just checked. In the next HOUR there are 28 flights departing from MXP. Not a single flight departing in that hour has been cancelled.Dont you think that if there was a major risk flying to / from that airport there would a different picture? Just because YOU have a ticket and presumably would prefer not to travel (which is entirely your right, by the way), you think the airline should now entertain free cancellations for mid April. Does not compute, Im afraid.
Its the same as travel Insurance, they don't pay out for cold feet.
Firemansam is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2020, 4:02 pm
  #85  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: EK1 ML5A ;-)
Programs: EK iO
Posts: 699
Originally Posted by LeoNYC10
I have tickets on Emirates from JFK to Milan for mid April.

It is amazing that they have not cancelled these flights and did not announce any refunds/change free exemptions, when Delta and American outright cancelled all the flights from the US to Milan until May.

Any idea what their thinking is? Milan and Lombardy are the hardest hit regions outside of China. And they keep flying A380s daily from and into JFK daily.
Back under a new account?
iFlyMoreThanYou is offline  
Old Mar 6, 2020, 5:01 pm
  #86  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,541
Are there any wide ranging generous cancellation policies yet?

We are due to go to Thailand in four weeks and certainly hope to. But we're in the UK and bans on UK residents are starting to spring up, and they're predicting the worse is still to come,..
​​
My elderly mother is traveling with Emirates from Brazil to meet us in Thailand for her first ever Asia trip. Obviously if we can't go, she'll have to cancel as she wouldn't do the trip alone. But she only has a basic ticket bought via a travel agency in her town.

Guess we don't really have any options if the worst case scenario ends up materialising here.
Dan1113 is offline  
Old Mar 7, 2020, 1:05 am
  #87  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 866
Originally Posted by Dan1113
Are there any wide ranging generous cancellation policies yet?

We are due to go to Thailand in four weeks and certainly hope to. But we're in the UK and bans on UK residents are starting to spring up, and they're predicting the worse is still to come,..
​​
My elderly mother is traveling with Emirates from Brazil to meet us in Thailand for her first ever Asia trip. Obviously if we can't go, she'll have to cancel as she wouldn't do the trip alone. But she only has a basic ticket bought via a travel agency in her town.

Guess we don't really have any options if the worst case scenario ends up materialising here.
Nope and dont expect any, EK will only comply with what the GCC tell's it to do, so if it says stop flying to China it will. Otherwise it needs the revenue as its being hit just as bad as everyone else. EK recently advised reissue fees will be waived to agents according to Irish Times but I dont believe it translates to cancellations. I don't think the UK is going to advise against Thailand simply for the fact its not as big as a problem as China has. If you dont want to travel well thats where travel insurance comes into play but most dont cover not wishing to travel unless FCO changes its advise.
suley is offline  
Old Mar 7, 2020, 1:17 am
  #88  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,541
Originally Posted by suley
Nope and dont expect any, EK will only comply with what the GCC tell's it to do, so if it says stop flying to China it will. Otherwise it needs the revenue as its being hit just as bad as everyone else. EK recently advised reissue fees will be waived to agents according to Irish Times but I dont believe it translates to cancellations. I don't think the UK is going to advise against Thailand simply for the fact its not as big as a problem as China has. If you dont want to travel well thats where travel insurance comes into play but most dont cover not wishing to travel unless FCO changes its advise.
it's more if Thailand doesn't let Brits in - they nearly banned Germans and French and Swiss this week and our cases here are not exactly far behind. No FCO ban = no insurance claim, but Thailand ban = can't travel.

We'd hope to do a last minute flight change to somewhere else and have a new trip elsewhere that will let us in, but it's a a real pain being at the mercy of two airlines.
Dan1113 is offline  
Old Mar 7, 2020, 1:26 am
  #89  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Zurich
Programs: Skywards Silver
Posts: 138
Latest news on waiver policy as of 7 March 2020

https://www.emirates.com/media-centr...peace-of-mind/
Wanderlust_65 is offline  
Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:21 am
  #90  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 121
Originally Posted by Katykat
Our flight from Brisbane to Singapore on 20/3 has been cancelled. Going in tomorrow to find out our options. Singapore- Dubai- Manchester not affected as yet.
OK, Emirates quite happily rearranged our whole return itinerary with no charges. We were originally booked Bne- Sing ( stay 3 days) Sing Dubai- Manchester. Now, we stay in Bne 3 extra days, fly Bne-Dub- Man. Not sure we can claim Sing hotel back on insurance as cancellation was out of our control but we'll give it a go.
Thanks Emirates
Katykat is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.