Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UAworldwide
Latest Updates On The Emirates Website for COVID-19 Can Be Found Using The Following Link:

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...tes.aspx/#3515

Updated Thursday 12th March 2020

IATA - Latest Travel News
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...pub=autodetect

Flights have been suspended to the following destinations (as of 12 March 2020)

Americas
  • Fort Lauderdale: 13 to 31 March
  • New York JFK Milan: 11 March to 03 April
  • New York EWR Athens: 13 March to 31 March
Europe
  • Venice: From 12 March - 03 April
  • Milan: From 13 March 03 April
  • Bologna: From 13 March 03 April
  • Rome: From 14 March 03 April
  • Warsaw: From 15 March - 28 March
  • Turkey (IST/SAW): From 17 March - 31 March
Far East
  • Guangzhou: From 05 February until further notice
  • Shanghai: From 05 February until further notice
  • Bangkok - Hong Kong: From 9 March 31 March
  • Taipei: From 16 March until further notice
Gulf, Middle East
  • Kuwait: From 14 March to 31 March
  • Tehran: From 26 February until further notice
  • Beirut: From 17 March to 31 March
  • Cairo: From 19 March to 31 March
  • Iraq: From 17 March to 31 March
  • Amman: From 17 March to 31 March
  • Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: From 09 March until further notice (except special flights from 12-15 March)
Africa
  • Casablanca: From 16 March - 31 March
Asia
  • Sialkot andPeshawar (Pakistan): From 15 March to 31 March, flights to/from Sialkot will be re-routed through Lahore, and flights to/from Peshawar will be rerouted through Islamabad. Affected customers will need to make their own way to rerouted airports and will receive an email with their rebooking details.

Rebooking and Refunds:

As detailed in the travel advisory using the Emirates link above

Dedicated Coronavirus Forum On FT

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coronavirus-travel-773/

​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Coronavirus - Emirates

Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Emirates Ticketing Rebooking and Change Waiver

Emirates Ticketing Changes Waiver

"Dubai's Emirates on Saturday announced it is providing customers more flexibility, choice and value through its newly introduced waiver policy for all booked tickets issued on or from today, March 7 until March 31, 2020, allowing customers across its network the choice of changing their travel dates without change and reissuance fees."
Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Wanderlust_65
Latest news on waiver policy as of 7 March 2020

https://www.emirates.com/media-centr...peace-of-mind/
The article also mentions a loosening of qualification requirements to maintain Skwards status. Only 80% of the usual miles are now required and flights will earn 20% more miles. My Gold status ends during the period and I didn't intend to re-qualify, but I might look again given this news.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

If only there was an existing thread for Coronavirus...

Coronavirus - Emirates
Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:48 am

But nothing for anyone traveling in the next month or two but who booked before? Poor show.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Dan1113
But nothing for anyone traveling in the next month or two but who booked before? Poor show.
Well, all those booked before have no fear of coronavirus. Only people booking in the next few weeks have concerns over coronavirus. Either that, or someone at Emirates tasked with revenue protection has come up with this suggestion
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:03 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Basically they are saying: if you were hesitant about booking a ticket in the next 3 weeks, go ahead and do it. Thats the sum of it.
Wonder if the 20% extra tier miles is also only on those new tickets or that Im also getting them on my existing bookings.
Lost Gold at the end of March so that does not help my mood either.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Emirates Ticketing Changes Waiver

"Dubai's Emirates on Saturday announced it is providing customers more flexibility, choice and value through its newly introduced waiver policy for all booked tickets issued on or from today, March 7 until March 31, 2020, allowing customers across its network the choice of changing their travel dates without change and reissuance fees."
Only a date change or would a different destination also be allowed?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 4:09 pm

So basically EK is saying on new tickets, its waiving the change fee but not any fare differance and NO you cant change destination. Knowing the way EK works you have to go on a equal or grater bucket so dont expect all changes for be without cost ie you change to dates in summer and its school holidays.

Personally if EK wants revenue it should consider loweing its fairs, I have seen Ethihad, BA etc drop on routes, infact a routing with Ethihad dropped for a few hours to 900 when I paid 1300, its now around the 1100 mark but I'm going to watch and see what happens
JTPictureman likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 4:14 pm

it's more if Thailand doesn't let Brits in - they nearly banned Germans and French and Swiss this week and our cases here are not exactly far behind. No FCO ban = no insurance claim, but Thailand ban = can't travel.

We'd hope to do a last minute flight change to somewhere else and have a new trip elsewhere that will let us in, but it's a a real pain being at the mercy of two airlines.
Check travel insurance for denied boading, if EK wants to take you to Thailand and get you denied and then have the pleasure of paying to bring you bank, then may be a fun way to spend the weekend.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 1:30 am

Programs: EK Gold, UA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Anyone come through the Dubai airport the last few days? Any delays or hassles? I'm thinking about going to Thailand Thursday for a week but when coming back I also need to catch a flight to CPH the next day.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 4:07 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by JTPictureman
Anyone come through the Dubai airport the last few days? Any delays or hassles? I'm thinking about going to Thailand Thursday for a week but when coming back I also need to catch a flight to CPH the next day.
It was reported that egates were closed, but they were open both on arrival and departure when I was there on Thursday and this morning.

Departing PEK was also nothing special, arrived 1.5h before dep - that 8h request is a joke.
JTPictureman likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards

Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:24 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
In case anyone hasn’t noticed the yellow banner at the top of the forum announcing a dedicated Coronavirus forum, this can be found using the following link which I have already added to the Wiki https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coronavirus-travel-773/

As this discussion is airline (EK) specific, it will stay here, but please be aware that discussion not centered around EK may be moved to the dedicated forum.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:30 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Ha, my own forum :-

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32115228-post1.html
thijsseh and Saltire74 like this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by suley
Check travel insurance for denied boading, if EK wants to take you to Thailand and get you denied and then have the pleasure of paying to bring you bank, then may be a fun way to spend the weekend.
So when you get denied entry for whatever reason, it's the airline who is responsible for getting you back?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.