Introducing Skywards+

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: Skywards
delete

Last edited by redeternet7; Jul 27, 2022 at 7:29 am
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
I am trying to book a flight after buying the basic subscription.

I have gone to the Skywards+ page, found the discount code and clicked to book through there.

I have 1,000 more miles in my account than I need.

It is still giving me the "insufficient miles" language. I really do not want to book over the phone as my husbands name gets misspelled a lot. Is there another trick besides transferring in the additional miles (which isn't the end of the world as I am going to try for an upgrade to first the closer that we get to flying)?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by KathinJax
I am trying to book a flight after buying the basic subscription.

I have gone to the Skywards+ page, found the discount code and clicked to book through there.

The phone rep will send an email to verify details prior to completing your booking.

I have 1,000 more miles in my account than I need.

It is still giving me the "insufficient miles" language. I really do not want to book over the phone as my husbands name gets misspelled a lot. Is there another trick besides transferring in the additional miles (which isn't the end of the world as I am going to try for an upgrade to first the closer that we get to flying)?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by dkauf
Wheel of death for me as well. Certainly there has to be a fix here? I am going to give Emirates another 15 hours to respond (they said IT support would get back to me in 24-48 hours) and then I'm going to escalate myself with a supervisor. If they can't get it resolved, I'm afraid I may have to request a refund of the Skywards+ membership since the sole reason I purchased it was to use the 20% discount
Did you figure this out? I've been fighting emirates for two weeks. Wheel of death still.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by lmross
Did you figure this out? I've been fighting emirates for two weeks. Wheel of death still.
Their solution is to call in and they will provide it.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus 2P
Originally Posted by brodielayne
Their solution is to call in and they will provide it.
Thanks for the tip, brodielayne. I got the wheel of death myself. I called and asked the agent if she could apply the discount. She wasn't familiar of this process. Then, I just asked the agent for a supervisor. Initially, the supervisor said I didn't have enough miles, but I told the Supervisor once they applied the 20% discount, that would be enough. She agreed and placed my flights on hold and it would finalized with 24 to 48 hours.

Hopefully, this will help others in the same situation.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Ah, yes. So it means you can only use Skywards+/Familiy Account for upgrades then?

Another reason not to buy it
I just upgraded from Economy to Business round trip for 78,000 miles and then stumbled across Skywards+. Basically for paying AED 1,540 I could have saved 15,600 miles which translates to 1 mile per 1 AED, a rate you won't find on any credit card. I would personally not mind having it valid for the upgrades only as some business classic rewards just do not make sense, however the exclusion of skysurfers accounts is an issue. We usually fly with whole family in Business and kids accounts have currently more miles than us adults. In fact my year old daughter is the only Silver status member in our EK family now, all others dropped to Blue

So having Skywards+ when doing upgrade, the Skysurfers accounts are deducted from the family pool?
Old Jan 30, 2023, 11:54 pm

Got the Skywards+ finally and made a booking, worth it if you ask me.
Data point for others as it was discussed, I signed up mid month (not on the 1st) and the validity is until the end of Jan 2024

However on the phone they could not apply the discount over the phone, only online unfortuantly.

Last edited by redeternet7; Jan 30, 2023 at 11:59 pm
Old Jan 31, 2023, 4:48 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by redeternet7
Got the Skywards+ finally and made a booking, worth it if you ask me.
Data point for others as it was discussed, I signed up mid month (not on the 1st) and the validity is until the end of Jan 2024

However on the phone they could not apply the discount over the phone, only online unfortuantly.
How long after you bought it did the discount code appear on your account?

Im thinking of doing a redemption today and can save 43k miles for €386 basic skywards + so i think its worth it
Old Jan 31, 2023, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
How long after you bought it did the discount code appear on your account?

Im thinking of doing a redemption today and can save 43k miles for €386 basic skywards + so i think its worth it
Pretty much instantly, however it was buggy on the first day
I didnt make my booking until a few days after. Go for it!
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:45 am

Just double checking with those who've got Skywards +, are the benefits only delivered if booking tickets directly with emirates.com or can travel agent bookings count?
Old Feb 23, 2023, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
Just double checking with those who've got Skywards +, are the benefits only delivered if booking tickets directly with emirates.com or can travel agent bookings count?
direct only and emirates.com
S c 0 TT y likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 4:42 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Two questions about Skywards +

1. Can the 20% upgrade discount be applied when upgrading an award ticket at the lounge, gate or on-board? I am not sure this can be accomplished online.
2. I used a 20% discount on a classic reward last year. If I renew again this year, can I use another 20% discount on a classic reward again? The terms and conditions state a one time use.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Moflav
Two questions about Skywards +

1. Can the 20% upgrade discount be applied when upgrading an award ticket at the lounge, gate or on-board? I am not sure this can be accomplished online.
2. I used a 20% discount on a classic reward last year. If I renew again this year, can I use another 20% discount on a classic reward again? The terms and conditions state a one time use.
1. no it has to be via their booking page as the portal will have to be used to use the code
2. should do. You have to sign up after the expiry
Old Feb 23, 2023, 5:37 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by redeternet7
1. no it has to be via their booking page as the portal will have to be used to use the code
2. should do. You have to sign up after the expiry
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.