Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing Skywards+

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Skywards Gold
anyone enjoyed the added benefits of Skywards+ for just USD 399?

when I received it before it was for 499$

now its 399$ only

its an annual subscription with benefits like getting more miles or upgrading with less (20%)

how many flights do I have to take in one year in order to utilize the subscription effectively

I am thinking and not sure if I should subscribe

Note: the offer is valid for 14 days only

please share your experience and advice
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:31 am

Some discussion here:

Introducing Skywards+
Old Feb 15, 2020, 10:37 pm

Programs: EK Gold
Interested to know if anyone has received a follow-up offer to avail Skywards+
I got the email back in late Oct 2019 with the offer of $300 but didn't have sight on my 2020 travel.
Now i'm keen to subscribe.....
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:00 am

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by nmc980
Interested to know if anyone has received a follow-up offer to avail Skywards+
I got the email back in late Oct 2019 with the offer of $300 but didn't have sight on my 2020 travel.
Now i'm keen to subscribe.....
yes. Received another offer this week. Except it’s now USD399!
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by gillyd22
yes. Received another offer this week. Except it’s now USD399!
Thanks GillyD. Will keep any eye out and work out if it's worth the extra $100 to subscribe to.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:45 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Seems to have been $300, $399 and $499. Not sure if it's different rates for different markets or if they are trying to see the price flexiblity of this offer. I'm (currently) Gold, based in SA and have nor received an offer. Probably would not take it.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 5:31 am

I got the latest one and have had 3 times in total, 300,499 and now 399.
nmc980 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 10:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Gold
Is anyone having trouble redeeming the 20% off a classic award for 1+ travelers? No where does it state that the discount is only for 1 traveler.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 2:17 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by bichoo
Is anyone having trouble redeeming the 20% off a classic award for 1+ travelers? No where does it state that the discount is only for 1 traveler.
Maybe it is not clearly written, but t&c states

"The Skywards+ subscription and associated benefits are limited to the purchasing member and cannot be gifted or sold."

I read this as a limitation on how many pax discounted miles can be redeemed for. It would be classic reward redemption or reward upgrade.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kenn Gerdes
Maybe it is not clearly written, but t&c states

"The Skywards+ subscription and associated benefits are limited to the purchasing member and cannot be gifted or sold."

I read this as a limitation on how many pax discounted miles can be redeemed for. It would be classic reward redemption or reward upgrade.
The terms and conditions under the Discounted Classic Rewards section also states: "The discount will apply to all travellers within the same booking." which appears to contradict that and seem to imply that it would be valid for multiple travelers.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: AC SE, WJ Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Ambassador
Was wondering if someone could help me with the possibility of below scenerio (new to Emirates as primarily fly Star Alliance)

1- Purchase Skywards +
2- Book MLE-DXB 329 days out in F for 2 (using 20% coupon) in order to book the new F on 11am flight
3- Later on go add DXB-LHR on same day (once I have the points)

Is this something that is possible and to then have entire MLE-DXB-LHR using the 20% coupon ?
Old Aug 16, 2021, 7:26 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by serchjos
The terms and conditions under the Discounted Classic Rewards section also states: "The discount will apply to all travellers within the same booking." which appears to contradict that and seem to imply that it would be valid for multiple travelers.
In that case I would think specific t&c will prevail over general t&c. So it should be possible to book more pax than just Skywards+ subscriber with 20% miles discount.

We should just remember it is a one-time discount within the subscription period.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
I have an award booked for December, 2 tickets at 115k miles or so. It seems like spending $299 and rebooking would be worth 23k miles per ticket or 46k miles back.

This feels pretty worth doing, would most agree?
Old Aug 22, 2021, 1:13 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
I have the offer at $399 and was considering a F trip one way from MLE-DXB-LHR for myself and 1 other passanger on the same booking. From what I read I should be able to get the discount of 20% of the miles, 49k.

The issue I see is it suggests I must use the desktop site to make the booking, which if I want to fly from MLE-DXB one day and then from DXB-LHR the next the site doesn't allow me to do it and assuming if I call to book I wont get the discount. I wondered if I booked it with the same day flight and then tried to change the DXB-LHR flight to the next day within the booking this may get round the issue, has anyone tried this or think of any reason it shouldn't work?
Old Aug 22, 2021, 10:40 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kenn Gerdes
In that case I would think specific t&c will prevail over general t&c. So it should be possible to book more pax than just Skywards+ subscriber with 20% miles discount.

We should just remember it is a one-time discount within the subscription period.
Confirmed this directly with EK via Twitter DM. They stated very clearly, "The discount will apply to all travellers within the same booking." Also, in a later DM, "You need to expand the 20% Discount Classic Reward card from the list of benefits. Once done, the promotional code will auto populate under Promotional Offers. The quote you see is with the discounted miles."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.