Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing Skywards+

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Doesn’t the paragraph you quoted say just the opposite? :-

Skywards Miles must be redeemed from the member’s individual account or My Family account
It follows that up with "(excludes Classic Reward redemptions)" which is what ecm was wanting to do.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 11:25 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ft101
It follows that up with "(excludes Classic Reward redemptions)" which is what ecm was wanting to do.
Ah, yes. So it means you can only use Skywards+/Familiy Account for upgrades then?

Another reason not to buy it
IntrepidAfrican2 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by awluter
I just purchased the $399 Skywards Plus subscription and used it to purchase a roundtrip itinerary for 4 passengers; I was able to use the 20% discount/voucher to save 160K points. The process was very glitchy/quirky, and Emirates was unable to provide much help via phone or chat support. Here's what I figured out; I hope this helps someone:
  • Click through the "20% Discount Class Reward" card to apply to promo code as described in Post #45.
  • The system will only apply the discount to an adult fair. So, I had to book my party as 4 adults, even though it's actually 2 adults and 2 kids.
  • I was booking Business Class. However, unless you have enough miles to purchase the itinerary without the 20% discount, you must enter Economy Class in the search engine. Otherwise, when you attempt to make the purchase, the system will error out and say that you don't have enough miles to purchase the flight. Once the flight options pop-up, you can then select Business Class and everything will work as it should.
Nvm, found my answer
Yuff likes this.

Last edited by thuctrang; Sep 9, 2021 at 2:44 pm
Old Oct 6, 2021, 10:37 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Quick question, I have an Skywards account I want to book 2 tickets for other people redeeming miles on Business Class. If I purchase Skywards Plus will the booking get the 20% discount or do I ahve to be one of the people travelling?

Thanks
Old Oct 9, 2021, 9:39 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by awluter
I just purchased the $399 Skywards Plus subscription and used it to purchase a roundtrip itinerary for 4 passengers; I was able to use the 20% discount/voucher to save 160K points. The process was very glitchy/quirky, and Emirates was unable to provide much help via phone or chat support. Here's what I figured out; I hope this helps someone:
  • Click through the "20% Discount Class Reward" card to apply to promo code as described in Post #45.
  • The system will only apply the discount to an adult fair. So, I had to book my party as 4 adults, even though it's actually 2 adults and 2 kids.
  • I was booking Business Class. However, unless you have enough miles to purchase the itinerary without the 20% discount, you must enter Economy Class in the search engine. Otherwise, when you attempt to make the purchase, the system will error out and say that you don't have enough miles to purchase the flight. Once the flight options pop-up, you can then select Business Class and everything will work as it should.
Well, I still have the issue that it shows insufficient miles for a business class ticket, because the system does not apply the 20% discount during the selection phase. No idea how you managed that, in my case it simply does not work. And EK is a complete disaster: agents have been claiming on separate occasions that it has been escalated, and that someone would get back to me. No one did in the past 24 hrs, and the flights are in less than 48 hrs. The only thing that keeps happening is the system auto-cancels, they reinstate and it is again auto-cancelled due to non-ticketing, because the escalation dept. is doing nothing about it. EK should get sued for this, since it is such an obvious breach of their Skywards+ terms, by them not extending the contractual benefits due to the way the system is set up. What a crappy airline!

Last edited by Wtravel; Oct 9, 2021 at 9:40 pm Reason: Typo
Old Oct 21, 2021, 3:06 am
ecm

Programs: EK Platinum, Iberia Plata, SPG Gold
Skywards+ 20% Classic Rewards Discount Issues

Originally Posted by Wtravel
Well, I still have the issue that it shows insufficient miles for a business class ticket, because the system does not apply the 20% discount during the selection phase. No idea how you managed that, in my case it simply does not work. And EK is a complete disaster: agents have been claiming on separate occasions that it has been escalated, and that someone would get back to me. No one did in the past 24 hrs, and the flights are in less than 48 hrs. The only thing that keeps happening is the system auto-cancels, they reinstate and it is again auto-cancelled due to non-ticketing, because the escalation dept. is doing nothing about it. EK should get sued for this, since it is such an obvious breach of their Skywards+ terms, by them not extending the contractual benefits due to the way the system is set up. What a crappy airline!
Has anybody found a fix to this? Using the above "trick" I am still not able to continue with the booking process as it says I have insufficient miles (even though I have the right amount in the acct). Has been escalated already but wondering if anybody has had any luck.

Thanks!
rajanh3 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Anyone who was previously paid for Skywards+ and then received the new offer that was discounted, could check if offer still shows for you. I was going to sign up today but I have no prices showing at all. Wife’s account shows regular pricing, while mine is all the info just not the boxes for the three levels.

Old Dec 18, 2021, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by yyzlhr
Anyone who was previously paid for Skywards+ and then received the new offer that was discounted, could check if offer still shows for you. I was going to sign up today but I have no prices showing at all. Wife’s account shows regular pricing, while mine is all the info just not the boxes for the three levels.

I am able to see it. It wasn't showing up for me earlier as well; apparently some glitch that probably got resolved a couple of days back. When I checked day before yesterday, the discounted offers showed up again and I just decided to go with the Classic subscription package for $199. Have a ton of miles expiring end of the month so I figured that the 20% discount on Classic Rewards would be useful.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Originally Posted by jackiedada
I am able to see it. It wasn't showing up for me earlier as well; apparently some glitch that probably got resolved a couple of days back. When I checked day before yesterday, the discounted offers showed up again and I just decided to go with the Classic subscription package for $199. Have a ton of miles expiring end of the month so I figured that the 20% discount on Classic Rewards would be useful.
its back for me too.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by ecm
Has anybody found a fix to this? Using the above "trick" I am still not able to continue with the booking process as it says I have insufficient miles (even though I have the right amount in the acct). Has been escalated already but wondering if anybody has had any luck.

Thanks!
I'd also be interested to know if anyone has found a fix or if the earlier poster was just lucky. Would be great to be able to book using the 20% discount and not need the full 100% miles in the account. Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bennytma
I'd also be interested to know if anyone has found a fix or if the earlier poster was just lucky. Would be great to be able to book using the 20% discount and not need the full 100% miles in the account. Thanks!
I did not have the miles but was able to book 3 Classic reward return tickets in J. The way to do this is to go to your Skyward account and then under the Skywards+ plan click the 20% discount on Reward flights - this will bring you to the Classic rewards booking page with the discount coupon applied. Then search for a Y reward. This will also show the J rewards next to the Y rewards and a "Yellow" dot on top indicating that the reward is applicable for a 20% discount. You will be able to select the J rewards and continue with the booking process.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:32 am
wsc

Originally Posted by ecm
I have been pooling all our miles into the Family acct for some time now and I am about to redeem about 500k for some tickets for us from that account.

For that redemption, i am thinking of subscribing to Skywards+ for the 20% discount though I am wondering it it applies as strictly speaking a) the miles don't come from my account (rather from.the Family's, for which I am Head) but b) I guess that in theory the membership will be to my name, so a theoretical "mismatch".

Has anybody encountered this?

Thanks!
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Doesn’t the paragraph you quoted say just the opposite? :-

Skywards Miles must be redeemed from the member’s individual account or My Family account
Originally Posted by ft101

So defo not working in practice with family account? Classic Reward Redemption that is.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:24 am

I believe Emirates has breach their Terms with some of their offers under Skywards+

It says that 1 of their offers is preferential cash plus miles.

However, just before the Black Friday sale, the pricing for a non-Skywards+ customer was in fact better.

A Skywards+ customer effectively had to pay 50% more, which totally defeats the purpose of paying for this service, if the deals are better for everyone else who didn't pay.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:07 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
I wish I had read this thread sooner. I booked 4 J awards SFO-DXB and DXB-SFO (booked as one-ways), for a total of 910K miles. The booking class is Business Flex Plus. The Emirates website seems to show J award availability still there.

Am I correct that I can refund my existing bookings for for no fee, and then book as 4 round-trips (in a single PNR) at the 20% discount, provided I pay the $399 fee for Skywards+? If so, is it better to refund the tickets by telephone vs. by website?

How long does it generally take to get the miles back in my account so that I can rebook?

Finally, does the 20% coupon become available immediately after paying the $399?

Sorry -- I am new to EK (transferred points in from Amex). The last thing I want is to make this move and lose my awards altogether! Thanks very much for the assistance.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by nnn
Sorry -- I am new to EK (transferred points in from Amex). The last thing I want is to make this move and lose my awards altogether! Thanks very much for the assistance.
When you cancel your booking there is no guarantee the seats will go back into award inventory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.