Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing Skywards+

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Originally Posted by catchgops
Has anyone tried to use upgrade awards using Skywards+? When I try to upgrade using points to upgrade to Business from a cash economy booking, I am shown the full points required and not with the 20% discount that the Advanced tier of Skywards+ promises. Does anyone know how this works? is the 20% discount shown upfront or credited back after the upgrade is complete?
never had issue. Keep in mind must be flex or flex plus fare and booked on Emirates.com.

the discounted price would show.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA GS, EK Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Avis First, Hertz Pres Club
Originally Posted by yyzlhr
never had issue. Keep in mind must be flex or flex plus fare and booked on Emirates.com.

the discounted price would show.
How do I confirm after booking? Where on my ticket should I look?
Old May 18, 2022, 3:53 am

How do I confirm after booking? Where on my ticket should I look?
Look at the ticket receipt and you should see a code like this BARTPUK5. The 4th letter from the right is the indicator for Flex etc: F = Flex Plus / S = Flex / P = Saver / R = Special
Old May 18, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: UA GS, EK Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Avis First, Hertz Pres Club
I see something like this "KHEESUS4" Appears that it's Flex then? However, while applying for a miles upgrade, it still showed me the full points and not with the 20% Skywards+ discount.
Old May 19, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
I see something like this "KHEESUS4" Appears that it's Flex then? However, while applying for a miles upgrade, it still showed me the full points and not with the 20% Skywards+ discount.

on eticket attachment your receive by email under the fare info if will have “additional information” it will be your skywards number /FLEX or SaVER etc

Old May 19, 2022, 10:45 am

Yes, it does say FLEX
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:01 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does the 20% tier mile bonus apply only to new bookings after joining skywards+, or will it apply to unflown segments of previously booked reservations?
For example, I have a HYD-JFK-HYD booking, where I already flew the outbound HYD-JFK. If I sign up for Skywards+ today, will I receive the 20% bonus tier miles for the return JFK-HYD segments next week?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:16 am

Programs: Skywards
Does the Skywards+ lounge pass work in London Heathrow?
Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:54 am

Does anyone have the exact rate/info on preferential rates Cash + Miles on Skywards+ please?

Last edited by elite13; Jul 6, 2022 at 8:07 am
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:23 am

Programs: Skywards
Do you have an example flight and current rates to compare with?
I am also interested
Old Jul 13, 2022, 12:28 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by S.R
Does the 20% tier mile bonus apply only to new bookings after joining skywards+, or will it apply to unflown segments of previously booked reservations?
For example, I have a HYD-JFK-HYD booking, where I already flew the outbound HYD-JFK. If I sign up for Skywards+ today, will I receive the 20% bonus tier miles for the return JFK-HYD segments next week?
From my experience (though not with a partially flown ticket), it's based on the flight date, not the booking date.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hyslopc
I'm pretty sure you only need 80% (200k in your case). When I upgraded now, it didn't show the pre-discount price at all, it just showed the upgrade as costing 48k points (usually it costs 60k). Two things to note:
1. It took me 24 hours before the discount showed, so plan on buying your subscription at least one day before you need to upgrade..
Where did the discount appear? Does it show as a voucher code on your Skywards account page? I just signed up for Skywards+ and tried booking but am only seeing the full points fare (not the 20% discounted rate)
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by 54austin
"You need to expand the 20% Discount Classic Reward card from the list of benefits. Once done, the promotional code will auto populate under Promotional Offers. The quote you see is with the discounted miles."
I am having a hard time finding this. Any tips as to where I should be looking? I purchased Skywards+ 26 hours ago and have yet to be able to see any discounted redemption fares
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by dkauf
I am having a hard time finding this. Any tips as to where I should be looking? I purchased Skywards+ 26 hours ago and have yet to be able to see any discounted redemption fares
Have you tried clicking on the subscription link under your account? Some of us still do not get access and have to contact Emirates to apply. I for one have this problem and Emirates has yet to provide a solution. When I click on the tab I just get the wheel of death and it does not open the page.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by brodielayne
Have you tried clicking on the subscription link under your account? Some of us still do not get access and have to contact Emirates to apply. I for one have this problem and Emirates has yet to provide a solution. When I click on the tab I just get the wheel of death and it does not open the page.

Wheel of death for me as well. Certainly there has to be a fix here? I am going to give Emirates another 15 hours to respond (they said IT support would get back to me in 24-48 hours) and then I'm going to escalate myself with a supervisor. If they can't get it resolved, I'm afraid I may have to request a refund of the Skywards+ membership since the sole reason I purchased it was to use the 20% discount

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.