Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by kguy12345
Hi- newbie here with a question about chauffeur drive from DBX. I'm flying J from FRA-DBX, but arriving at DBX at around 0600. I know that there is no longer an arrivals lounge at the airport, but logistically it works out best if I kill some time at the airport before heading out on the chauffeur drive service.

Has anyone out there made an online booking for chauffeur drive from DBX to the city, but not actually use the chauffeur drive service until a few hours after landing?

Also, are there any recommendations of a good place to kill a few hours in the early morning in Arrivals? I see there is a coffee shop on the airport map. Is that it?

Thanks-
​​​​​​
​​​​​​DXB (X in the middle) is pretty much on demand CD, just show up at the desk and show your BP
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
​​​​​​
​​​​​​DXB (X in the middle) is pretty much on demand CD, just show up at the desk and show your BP
Oops! Pardon my lisdexia...dislexia! DXB!

Thanks for the info!
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by kguy12345

Oops! Pardon my lisdexia...dislexia! DXB!

Thanks for the info!
All posters are allowed one pass on DBX after that it's banishment to Y, just next to a scrrascre baby near the lav in a non-bulkhead misdlm seat
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Question about scheduling: I'm trying to book a cash F ticket HKG-LIS on EK. I'm certain I've flown F on this route before, but the days I'm looking (late March / early April) seems to be non-F 77Ws. Is this right? A few randoms days I search earlier March has F. Is F missing from the flight seasonally, just for a few weeks, or is it just full the days in late March? Any help (or direction to another thread) is much appreciated.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:15 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Question about scheduling: I'm trying to book a cash F ticket HKG-LIS on EK. I'm certain I've flown F on this route before, but the days I'm looking (late March / early April) seems to be non-F 77Ws. Is this right? A few randoms days I search earlier March has F. Is F missing from the flight seasonally, just for a few weeks, or is it just full the days in late March? Any help (or direction to another thread) is much appreciated.
Looking at EF, indeed EK191/192 (the DXB/LIS vv flight) seems to switch between a 2 class and 3 class frame without any clear pattern (I looked at the last week of March and the first week op April). When I look at end May / early June, its always a 3 class frame.
EK 384/5 (a DXB/HKG pair) is always a 2 class 388 frame during the March / Apil weeks.

If you want F, you unfortunately have to be flexible.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Looking at EF, indeed EK191/192 (the DXB/LIS vv flight) seems to switch between a 2 class and 3 class frame without any clear pattern (I looked at the last week of March and the first week op April). When I look at end May / early June, its always a 3 class frame.
EK 384/5 (a DXB/HKG pair) is always a 2 class 388 frame during the March / Apil weeks.

If you want F, you unfortunately have to be flexible.
Thank you, I had no idea about the HKG 2 class frames on the nonstops either (I know EK swapped the BKK flight to two class, but I've never taken that anyway). Bummer. I haven't flown EK J longhaul before and am not looking for a new experience . I'll figure it out. Appreciate the quick response.

Do you or anyone else know a good resource to quickly check EK rostered equipment over a longer period, like a few weeks or months? Instead of just doing dummy bookings?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 1:56 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Thank you, I had no idea about the HKG 2 class frames on the nonstops either (I know EK swapped the BKK flight to two class, but I've never taken that anyway). Bummer. I haven't flown EK J longhaul before and am not looking for a new experience . I'll figure it out. Appreciate the quick response.

Do you or anyone else know a good resource to quickly check EK rostered equipment over a longer period, like a few weeks or months? Instead of just doing dummy bookings?
Expert Flyer. It’s not ideal for this purpose as you can do a max +/- 3 day check, so that’s a week. I do a week on the outgoing and the next week on the corresponding incoming flight number.
An EF subscription costs $9.99 per month, it is easy to switch it on or off as you need it. There is a 5 day free trial. Apart from availability and equipment it can show award space, seat maps etc.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Fliar
Thanks so much for your reply - that's the email address I've been trying. No replies (apart from boilerplate acknowledgements) since December 2...
Bump...still no replies - well over two months now...Does anyone have any other suggestions on who to contact? It's actually about quite a lot of money and I can't believe it's impossible to reach anyone at EK. The local office here just says 'we don't know anyone or anything, all we can do is send an email to the head office, same as you!'
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Fliar
Bump...still no replies - well over two months now...Does anyone have any other suggestions on who to contact? It's actually about quite a lot of money and I can't believe it's impossible to reach anyone at EK. The local office here just says 'we don't know anyone or anything, all we can do is send an email to the head office, same as you!'
You've tried Twitter @EmiratesSupport?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:32 am

Non stop dubai to auckland and return....

Hi Guys

Are Emirates carrying less economy class passenges on their EK448 and 449 flights?

I notice Rows 80 to 88 are blocked out and unavailable to book. I've checked out the seat maps on Expertflyer and that seems to be the norm...

Just wondering ...
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by woollygirl
Hi Guys

Are Emirates carrying less economy class passenges on their EK448 and 449 flights?

I notice Rows 80 to 88 are blocked out and unavailable to book. I've checked out the seat maps on Expertflyer and that seems to be the norm...

Just wondering ...
Yes, due to the distance this flight is restricted
woollygirl likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:35 pm

Going to be flying EK 202 from JFK-DXB in Business class soon, first time flying emirates business class. Had couple of questions:
1. Do flight attendants offer turn down service, like making bed which is done in F?
2. Has Emirates started on demand dining or not?
3. I understand no Pajamas in business class, is that correct?
Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:41 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by ziqch
Going to be flying EK 202 from JFK-DXB in Business class soon, first time flying emirates business class. Had couple of questions:
1. Do flight attendants offer turn down service, like making bed which is done in F?
2. Has Emirates started on demand dining or not?
3. I understand no Pajamas in business class, is that correct?
Thanks
1. They will put the mattress topper on to your seat for you
2. No on demand dining
3. No pyjamas in business class

S
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: BAEC
Hi Everyone

I've tried Emirates Business Class on shorter flights from AKL-MEL and BKK-HKG but am keen to try it on a longer flight, upgrading with Skywards Miles from a flex Y ticket. From a bit of research to get a cheaper flight it looks like I need to avoid a flight leaving DXB - I was thinking about doing the BKK-SYD sector. What I wanted to know, is this probably the longest flight I could experience Business on for around 39000 miles - it's around a 9hr 30min flight.

Just wanted to check I wasn't missing an obvious option! Anyone flown this route? How was it?

Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by londonba2014
Hi Everyone

I've tried Emirates Business Class on shorter flights from AKL-MEL and BKK-HKG but am keen to try it on a longer flight, upgrading with Skywards Miles from a flex Y ticket. From a bit of research to get a cheaper flight it looks like I need to avoid a flight leaving DXB - I was thinking about doing the BKK-SYD sector. What I wanted to know, is this probably the longest flight I could experience Business on for around 39000 miles - it's around a 9hr 30min flight.

Just wanted to check I wasn't missing an obvious option! Anyone flown this route? How was it?

Thanks
Well AKL would be the longest but to avoid high cost try starting in CMB or BOM or MCT etc.

In terms of fifth freedom routed that one, SIN-MEL or ATH-EWR would probably be the options

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.