Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by liem22
Hi skywardhunter, if I am in EK's 777 and seated at window (say, seat number A) and passenger in seat B is sleeping, can I get out without waking him up?
If you jump...

If you're tall enough one can kind of step over their legs, it's not optimal. Considering you're flying via CMB it's shorter flights though so perhaps less of an issue
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
If you jump...

If you're tall enough one can kind of step over their legs, it's not optimal. Considering you're flying via CMB it's shorter flights though so perhaps less of an issue
Hmm.. While it's indeed unlikely to be an issue for my SIN-DXB (via CMB) flight, it's probably more of a concern for the DXB-GVA leg. My only consolation is that I get the A380 flight on my way back (DXB-SIN). Suddenly the 1-2-1 seating feels so precious
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:46 am

Hmm.. While it's indeed unlikely to be an issue for my SIN-DXB (via CMB) flight, it's probably more of a concern for the DXB-GVA leg. My only consolation is that I get the A380 flight on my way back (DXB-SIN). Suddenly the 1-2-1 seating feels so precious
The A380 is basically like EY, 2-4-2 or rather 1-2-1 staggered overlap, so all aisle access.

It's really not that bad in the 77W, the service is better due to smaller cabin. Also to GVA you'll get the new J, though still 2-3-2.
liem22 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:23 am

The A380 is basically like EY, 2-4-2 or rather 1-2-1 staggered overlap, so all aisle access.

It's really not that bad in the 77W, the service is better due to smaller cabin. Also to GVA you'll get the new J, though still 2-3-2.
or 1-1-1 😉
thijsseh likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by m3red

or 1-1-1 😉
Are you referring to the 1-2-1 rows where the middle seats are right next to each other and hence can be combined ?

Anyway.. if I may ask about the chauffeur drive service.. My colleague will be travelling to the same destination as mine, with a different airline but arriving almost at the same time. Do you think the CD service will allow me to bring him along in my CD car? (so 1 additional pax aside from myself).
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:25 pm

Are you referring to the 1-2-1 rows where the middle seats are right next to each other and hence can be combined ?

Anyway.. if I may ask about the chauffeur drive service.. My colleague will be travelling to the same destination as mine, with a different airline but arriving almost at the same time. Do you think the CD service will allow me to bring him along in my CD car? (so 1 additional pax aside from myself).
​​​​​​
M3red is referring to F (Not Sure if you got that or were deliberately making a joke.

Regarding CD: yes
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:10 am

​​​​​​
M3red is referring to F (Not Sure if you got that or were deliberately making a joke.

Regarding CD: yes
Sorry, one more question on CD. I just found out that Geneva Motorshow will be happening on the day of my arrival in GVA, and the venue is just next to GVA Airport. In that case, I'm now thinking of doing this : upon landing in GVA, retrieve my luggage, store it in the airport baggage locker. Then walk to Geneva Motorshow, and come back a few hours later to airport, to retrieve my luggage, and take the CD car.
The question is : will the CD service care whether I take the car immediately upon landing, or a few hours later ? The CD booking in Emirates website doesn't seem to allow specifying a particular departure time (it only shows my landing time).
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:18 am

Sorry, one more question on CD. I just found out that Geneva Motorshow will be happening on the day of my arrival in GVA, and the venue is just next to GVA Airport. In that case, I'm now thinking of doing this : upon landing in GVA, retrieve my luggage, store it in the airport baggage locker. Then walk to Geneva Motorshow, and come back a few hours later to airport, to retrieve my luggage, and take the CD car.
The question is : will the CD service care whether I take the car immediately upon landing, or a few hours later ? The CD booking in Emirates website doesn't seem to allow specifying a particular departure time (it only shows my landing time).
it wont still be there...
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by m3red

it wont still be there...
Hm, okay... or maybe I can don't book the CD online first, and upon landing at GVA, walk over to the counter and tell them, I'm going to take their CD car in about 3 or 4 hours later. They won't do it ?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:44 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Hm, okay... or maybe I can don't book the CD online first, and upon landing at GVA, walk over to the counter and tell them, I'm going to take their CD car in about 3 or 4 hours later. They won't do it ?
No, that’s not how it works: you have to book the CD on line at least 48 hours before arrival. It depends a bit on the airport (I have never been to GVA), but all drivers for your flight will be waiting. In some places they carry signs with the passenger’s name, in other places (usually where there are multiple fights per day), there may be a desk where you go and they’ll call your driver. Once all passengers have appeared, the entire show ‘closes down’.

Only in DXB there is ‘on demand’ service, which makes sense with the large volume of CD rides.
liem22 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:47 am

Do you not think that the drivers might have other trips scheduled? The CD company has a specific time window for EK trips, they do other business and will schedule drivers for that. Calling them directly perhaps they'd be willing if the margin for them is good enough
liem22 and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:59 am

Alright.. Seems I will have to forego the CD in GVA then, for the sake of visiting GIMS. Fair trade off.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:01 am

Just wondering if there is a way to check upgrade availabilty on Economy Flex to business using miles before booking?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Ruber74
Just wondering if there is a way to check upgrade availabilty on Economy Flex to business using miles before booking?
Yes, check for business saver award in the EK Website, alternatively use ExpertFlyer but they're having issues with EK Upgrade availability right now so not sure if it's fixed yet.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:25 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Yes, check for business saver award in the EK Website, alternatively use ExpertFlyer but they're having issues with EK Upgrade availability right now so not sure if it's fixed yet.
Just tried a ‘semi-random’ EK award availability query on EF and it seems to work again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.