Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74

Row 68 is near door 3 on the main deck and if you look at a picture on an EK A380 you will see that it sits right over the wing so I would conclude that all you would be able to see is a wing and the sky above.

S
What a great picture. Shows me exactly what I need to know. Thank you for your help.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by woollygirl
What a great picture. Shows me exactly what I need to know. Thank you for your help.
You're welcome. Again, if you're just sitting back in your seat without leaning forward, you will see mostly wing...
woollygirl likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Try this email address: [email protected]

I've been dealing with them a bit recently.
Thanks so much for your reply - that's the email address I've been trying. No replies (apart from boilerplate acknowledgements) since December 2...
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lounge access on F award ticket through partner?

I've never flown Emirates before. I'm flying ICN - DXB - SFO with both legs in F (very excited about suites!!) and a 5 hour layover in DXB. It's an award ticket booked through AS. Will my F boarding pass get me lounge access for the layover in Dubai?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:20 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I've never flown Emirates before. I'm flying ICN - DXB - SFO with both legs in F (very excited about suites!!) and a 5 hour layover in DXB. It's an award ticket booked through AS. Will my F boarding pass get me lounge access for the layover in Dubai?
Yes it will.

S
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Don't stay in there too long and miss your connection though
thijsseh likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ha!!! Thanks for the info. This is going to be a great trip.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:58 am

Is it possible to upgrade my flight using my brother-in-laws point.

Is there an option to set up a family card

Thanks
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by limerickros
Is it possible to upgrade my flight using my brother-in-laws point.

Is there an option to set up a family card

Thanks
Yes, log in with his account then enter your booking reference. No family card.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:07 am

Or enter Manage a Booking without logging in, then use his account credentials when you're prompted after selecting to upgrade with miles.

There is a family bonus system which is pretty useless (the family head earns 20% of the family members' miles and they earn nothing) although this is getting an overhaul in May. Depending on when you're travelling it might turn out to be of some interest.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: Southwest Hilton Diamond
Best economy seat selection, 777 & A380.

So I am flying to KUL from DFW via DXB in economy in June and booked the tickets today. While I would have liked to make the entire trip on the A380 they only fly the 777-300 out of DFW but I did make sure to book the A380 from DXB-KUL. I spent a bit of time using SeatGuru and looking at the cost to pick a specific seat on each aircraft. It will cost me $130 on the 777 to get extra legroom but it seems most folks are commenting that the legroom comes with a lot of annoying congregating. I am looking at spending $80 to go for the twin seats at 46 or 47 in the back which most have liked. The A380 is showing the two class model with some economy seats forward on the upper deck. I am looking at row 26-32 outer which is also two seats also for $80. I am an aisle seat person because I need to get up and walk periodically. My work pays for the flight but will not reimburse me for the seats selections and I will be spending the $320 out of pocket and want the best bang for the buck. Would appreciate any feedback or suggestions on seat selection strategy.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by TXWayne
So I am flying to KUL from DFW via DXB in economy in June and booked the tickets today. While I would have liked to make the entire trip on the A380 they only fly the 777-300 out of DFW but I did make sure to book the A380 from DXB-KUL. I spent a bit of time using SeatGuru and looking at the cost to pick a specific seat on each aircraft. It will cost me $130 on the 777 to get extra legroom but it seems most folks are commenting that the legroom comes with a lot of annoying congregating. I am looking at spending $80 to go for the twin seats at 46 or 47 in the back which most have liked. The A380 is showing the two class model with some economy seats forward on the upper deck. I am looking at row 26-32 outer which is also two seats also for $80. I am an aisle seat person because I need to get up and walk periodically. My work pays for the flight but will not reimburse me for the seats selections and I will be spending the $320 out of pocket and want the best bang for the buck. Would appreciate any feedback or suggestions on seat selection strategy.
You already got some feedback on the dedicated thread you created here: Upgrading in economy DFW-DXB-KUL

If you had more follow up queries on specific seats perhaps that would be a better place to post them.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: Southwest Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You already got some feedback on the dedicated thread you created here: Upgrading in economy DFW-DXB-KUL

If you had more follow up queries on specific seats perhaps that would be a better place to post them.
Ok, just noticed this forum and thought as a newbie maybe I should come here.....
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:29 pm

Hi- newbie here with a question about chauffeur drive from DBX. I'm flying J from FRA-DBX, but arriving at DBX at around 0600. I know that there is no longer an arrivals lounge at the airport, but logistically it works out best if I kill some time at the airport before heading out on the chauffeur drive service.

Has anyone out there made an online booking for chauffeur drive from DBX to the city, but not actually use the chauffeur drive service until a few hours after landing?

Also, are there any recommendations of a good place to kill a few hours in the early morning in Arrivals? I see there is a coffee shop on the airport map. Is that it?

Thanks-
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:28 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by kguy12345
Hi- newbie here with a question about chauffeur drive from DBX. I'm flying J from FRA-DBX, but arriving at DBX at around 0600. I know that there is no longer an arrivals lounge at the airport, but logistically it works out best if I kill some time at the airport before heading out on the chauffeur drive service.

Has anyone out there made an online booking for chauffeur drive from DBX to the city, but not actually use the chauffeur drive service until a few hours after landing?

Also, are there any recommendations of a good place to kill a few hours in the early morning in Arrivals? I see there is a coffee shop on the airport map. Is that it?

Thanks-
You should be OK to just show your BP at the CD desk as and when you need the car. There is a Costa Coffee in the arrivals area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.