Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by BillysBahamaBrunchBar
When do menus typically post? My longhaul flights are in a couple of weeks and none of the menus are posted for any of the flights for May 1st onward. Not a big deal or anything, but I thought it was cool when I could look ahead to the menu before. Thanks!
It's kind've annoying but if your flight is in the next calendar month they won't have the menus out yet for either wine or food. :-/ Sorry!
Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by Metanoia
It's kind've annoying but if your flight is in the next calendar month they won't have the menus out yet for either wine or food. :-/ Sorry!
Wine lists should be available. Menus tend to be availability only shortly before the start of a new month.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Early bag drop at LHR

Hi. Normally hang out in the BA section but have a query for a relative flying from Heathrow tomorrow tomorrow night via Dubai.
Their flight is around 10pm and they are currently in a hotel near the airport. Is there an option to check in or bag drop in the morning and then go into London for the day? No status but flying business class.
I know you can with BA but no experience of Emirates and current travelling so can't work it out for them.
Thanks in advance
K
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:12 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Keldin
Hi. Normally hang out in the BA section but have a query for a relative flying from Heathrow tomorrow tomorrow night via Dubai.
Their flight is around 10pm and they are currently in a hotel near the airport. Is there an option to check in or bag drop in the morning and then go into London for the day? No status but flying business class.
I know you can with BA but no experience of Emirates and current travelling so can't work it out for them.
Thanks in advance
K
Shouldn't be a problem. There are 6 (or maybe 7) flights a day from LHR, so the check in desks will be open most of the day.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Shouldn't be a problem. There are 6 (or maybe 7) flights a day from LHR, so the check in desks will be open most of the day.
Thanks DYKWIA.
I managed to call them and they said no only 4 hours before. I'll pass this on and suggest if they want to try and fail they could use the left luggage.Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
SPG has a points sale on right now so if you buy Starwood points it can be around USD 0.018 per mile when transferred to Emirates in 20,000 mile blocks (20k+5k SPG transfer bonus).

Better than the 0.04 USD per EK mile on their website. However, those transactions on EK do count as "airline spend" so you might have some additional benefit using a rewards card to buy these points.

Hope this helps!

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....ff-spg-points/
Thanks will look into that! Also thanks to Skywardshunter too.

I received an email today from EK re buying miles, transferring miles and gifting miles complete with tables.

They are using a third party site for this.

https://storefront.points.com/emirat...ards/en-GB/buy
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by daisymay2

I received an email today from EK re buying miles, transferring miles and gifting miles complete with tables.

Yeah they've lowered the purchase cost to $30/1000 now. hopefully not an upcoming devaluation...
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by daisymay2

Oh - had no idea they switched to points.com. I last bought points in Sept.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: WN A+ Preffered CP, DL SK GOld, AA Gold
Day of departure upgrades

First time flyer on EK in 3 weeks. Departing from LAX to CPT. I'm booked in J. Does EK allow day of departure upgrades to F for a fee if seats are available?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by winston vickers
First time flyer on EK in 3 weeks. Departing from LAX to CPT. I'm booked in J. Does EK allow day of departure upgrades to F for a fee if seats are available?
Yes, but the fee will be the fare difference.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: Skywards, FlyingBlue
op up chance

[moved to other thread]

Last edited by missal; Apr 28, 2018 at 4:08 pm Reason: move to other thread
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:30 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Hey guys, a quick one - is there a way to transfer EK points to any hotel scheme, preferrably Marriott or SPG? Are there any limitation when converting points, if it’s possible? I assume you cannot transfer EK points to any airline?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by HAT
Hey guys, a quick one - is there a way to transfer EK points to any hotel scheme, preferrably Marriott or SPG? Are there any limitation when converting points, if it’s possible? I assume you cannot transfer EK points to any airline?

Thanks in advance!
FFPs are generally a dead-end, not transferable to any external currencies (incl other FFPs)
Old May 1, 2018, 7:15 am

​​​​​​​So it's now May 1st and there is no menu for May 1st or after posted. Not that it matters that much -- I'll eat what I'm served. But it does seem strange.
Old May 1, 2018, 7:37 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
May menus are up now for my flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.