Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by LondonIce
Hi all,
First time in Emirates long haul coming up soon, and I wondered if the experts here could advise me on a few issues:

1. I will be flying IAD-DXB-RGN in J with only a 70 minute layover in DXB. I know there is a security screening during the transfer process at DXB. Could someone give me a very quick rundown on the best/fastest way to make the connection?

2. Any sense of what the security queues will look like at 8:00 on a Wednesday morning? I assume there is no priority lane for pax in premium cabins.

3. My understanding is that it is possible to board flights directly from the J lounge area. Is that feasible given how short my connection is?

4. The next DXB-RGN flight won't leave for another 24-hours. Assuming I misconnect, is there a particular place I should go to be accommodated? Should I just do it from the lounge? Will EK offer J pax a hotel room for a missed connection that long?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

​​​​​​1. & 2. There is fast track security which you will receive a fast track card for on your flight inbound to DXB. Additionally if EK think you may miss the connection there will be someone waiting at the jetbridge or the bus arrivals with a sign with your flight number/destination on it. The key is that if you arrive at a remote stand there will probable two buses, one going to concourse A and one to B. There will be a staff member holding a sign with destinations pointing to A, if RGN is in that sign go to that bus, else don't. Also use in-flight WiFi + "Dubai Airports" app and/or EK App to find next flight's gate, if it's an A gate but destination not on sign still go to the A bus (always the one with the sign and arrow). Do not stop for duty free.

3. For all A gates you board directly from the lounge. For some B gates you board from the lounge floor. If it's an A gate I'd go via the lounge else just go direct to the gate. You won't have time for the lounge.

4. They should.
LondonIce likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 2:08 am

Hello

Does anyone know if Gate A8 in DXB Concourse A is a bus gate?

Thank you
RJA321
Old May 31, 2018, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by RJA321
Hello

Does anyone know if Gate A8 in DXB Concourse A is a bus gate?

Thank you
RJA321
I don't think it is, but not 100% sure. The bus gates tend to be at the far end of the concourses, so the lower range (A1-A4 or so) and higher range (A28-A32 or so). These are guessed gate numbers, so take them as a guide, they might not be accurate at all. But basically the far ends of the concourses have bus gates.
Old May 31, 2018, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I don't think it is, but not 100% sure. The bus gates tend to be at the far end of the concourses, so the lower range (A1-A4 or so) and higher range (A28-A32 or so). These are guessed gate numbers, so take them as a guide, they might not be accurate at all. But basically the far ends of the concourses have bus gates.
Thank you for the reply. I was on EK859 to Kuwait on 31 May which departed from gate A8. It was actually a normal gate i.e. we were not bussed.

I also later found the below thread with some more information on bus gates. One post suggested that gate A8 was a bus gate. Perhaps it could be used as both?

DXB Gates for Remote Stands

RJA321
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Agree they're at the end, but disagree about the numbering. I've reported Gates 6, 7 and 8 in the past as being bus gates. I can't remember where I got that from, but an aerial view shows only 2 jetbridges on the end of the concourse. If the last two on each concourse side do Gates 4 and 9, at least two out of gates 5 to 8 would seem to be bus gates.

http://ontheworldmap.com/uae/city/du...inal-3-map.jpg
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:22 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ft101
Agree they're at the end, but disagree about the numbering. I've reported Gates 6, 7 and 8 in the past as being bus gates. I can't remember where I got that from, but an aerial view shows only 2 jetbridges on the end of the concourse. If the last two on each concourse side do Gates 4 and 9, at least two out of gates 5 to 8 would seem to be bus gates.

http://ontheworldmap.com/uae/city/du...inal-3-map.jpg
Should be sort of easy between all of us to put this ‘bus gate issue’ to bed once and for all.
Maybe a link in the dashboard ‘DXB gates’, pointing to a wiki?

Over to the mods, ambassadors and other high ranking people..... 😉
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:48 am

New F cabins from BRU

Does anyone know if both flights from Brussels have the new F suites? EK182/4.

What area the chances of an equipment change there if i I book for September? I guess that's just down to luck 🤞
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:27 pm

Sorry guys I've another silly question 🙋

When going to book my flight it says I'll get 40, 000 milesm but in the breakdown it says 35,000. Which is it? Do they round up on the summary view.
Promise I'll be quiet after this 😋
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by dsched
Sorry guys I've another silly question 🙋

When going to book my flight it says I'll get 40, 000 milesm but in the breakdown it says 35,000. Which is it? Do they round up on the summary view.
Promise I'll be quiet after this 😋
Which skywards tier are you? There's a bug with tier bonus appearing during booking process, has been for months. Sent a screenshot to the EK twitter team but clearly they didn't understand or didn't care.

Just use the miles calculator (google is your friend) to see the correct amount.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:22 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by thijsseh

Should be sort of easy between all of us to put this ‘bus gate issue’ to bed once and for all.
Maybe a link in the dashboard ‘DXB gates’, pointing to a wiki?

Over to the mods, ambassadors and other high ranking people..... 😉
A7 is definitely a bus gate.

S
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:04 pm

Is complimentary chauffeur service available using EK Skywards miles for F travel on EK?

I know booking EK travel with partner miles is ineligible.

Thank you
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:05 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Is complimentary chauffeur service available using EK Skywards miles for F travel on EK?

I know booking EK travel with partner miles is ineligible.

Thank you
A Skywards booking in a premium cabin gets the premium benefits i.e lounge access and CD (assuming it is available at the station concerned). Obviously it does not give you any miles.....
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:42 am

Quick question, what's the deal with ordering more than one food option when flying J? I've got an upcoming flight and i'm really wanting to try two breakfast options (eggs then flapjacks?) and two desserts during lunch service (sweet and the cheese platter). What's the best way to go about this? i'm thinking of asking the FA to only give me if they have left overs.

Thanks.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by verond
Quick question, what's the deal with ordering more than one food option when flying J? I've got an upcoming flight and i'm really wanting to try two breakfast options (eggs then flapjacks?) and two desserts during lunch service (sweet and the cheese platter). What's the best way to go about this? i'm thinking of asking the FA to only give me if they have left overs.

Thanks.
Bingo.

"I'd like to try both the eggs and the flapjacks, could you bring me the eggs and if there are flapjacks left over after other pax have been served could I have those, too?" 9 times out of 10 won't be an issue. Also with the mobile phone based ordering they should know early on whether they're going to be short of something, that being said we don't really see reports of them running out of options in J, certainly hasn't happened to me, in fact even in Y the one time they were out I said I'd be happy to wait for them to complete the service and check and within 2 minutes I had my preferred choice.
verond likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 7:49 am

For lunch, no problem as the J menu typically says
Light option. If you prefer a lighter meal, choose any two options from appetisers or dessert, and we'll serve these together
For breakfast, check the menu on line as it may be a continental rather than hot breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.