Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:19 pm

Are there any thread about email upgrade offer guide?
Recently I received email frm EK to upgrade Y to C for AUD 480 (approx EUR 300, AUD is pretty bad atm) for flight frm SIN to MEL
I didn't take it coz I was very optimistic that I might get op up. Unfortunately, I ended up sitting in Y throughout that flight.
Just wondering if the value they r offerring do worth the upgrade?
I believe this (worthiness of email offer upgrade) might haves been discussed somewhere buried among other threads.
Tried to search but couldn't find any, so could anyone shed some light to me please, thanks
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by cheyru
Are there any thread about email upgrade offer guide?
Recently I received email frm EK to upgrade Y to C for AUD 480 (approx EUR 300, AUD is pretty bad atm) for flight frm SIN to MEL
I didn't take it coz I was very optimistic that I might get op up. Unfortunately, I ended up sitting in Y throughout that flight.
Just wondering if the value they r offerring do worth the upgrade?
I believe this (worthiness of email offer upgrade) might haves been discussed somewhere buried among other threads.
Tried to search but couldn't find any, so could anyone shed some light to me please, thanks
There is a thread: Upgrade emails offers FAQ
As many people will tell you, ultimately the value is individual but always things to note are that the email offer does not include chauffeur drive, lounge access, or increased mileage earning.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Hi all - I'm normally a Oneworld passenger so when my in-laws asked me a simple Emirates question I was flummoxed (and unable to find the answer online). I hope you can help?

They have been told that their checked baggage allowance is 30kg per person. I have managed to determine that this can be more than one bag/suitcase, e.g. 15kg and 15kg. However, I can't see whether their allowances are pooled - i.e., 60kg between the two of them, allowing them to take 3 bags of 20kg + 20kg + 20kg. If they took this approach but it turned out they had to be checked in for each individual, one of them would have to check in 40kg, and pay very high excess weight fees! They are on the same booking, so I think this should be possible, but I don't want to give them duff information. Any pointers?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by bras0978
Hi all - I'm normally a Oneworld passenger so when my in-laws asked me a simple Emirates question I was flummoxed (and unable to find the answer online). I hope you can help?

They have been told that their checked baggage allowance is 30kg per person. I have managed to determine that this can be more than one bag/suitcase, e.g. 15kg and 15kg. However, I can't see whether their allowances are pooled - i.e., 60kg between the two of them, allowing them to take 3 bags of 20kg + 20kg + 20kg. If they took this approach but it turned out they had to be checked in for each individual, one of them would have to check in 40kg, and pay very high excess weight fees! They are on the same booking, so I think this should be possible, but I don't want to give them duff information. Any pointers?

Thanks in advance!
I don't think there's a policy but on the same reservation some check-in agents may be lenient. You are taking a risk however.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by bras0978

Thanks in advance!
The policy is 30 kg per person.
This can be various pieces of luggage weighing maximum 30 kg total per pax.
This can not be pooled.
As Skywardhunter points out there maybe lenient check in agent,but I wouldn't count on that.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
The policy is 30 kg per person.
This can be various pieces of luggage weighing maximum 30 kg total per pax.
This can not be pooled.
As Skywardhunter points out there maybe lenient check in agent,but I wouldn't count on that.
32 Kgs

You are right Im wrong and I don't know how to delete!

Last edited by Will08; Mar 31, 2018 at 2:11 am Reason: Me being an idiot
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:42 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Will08
32 Kgs

You are right Im wrong and I don't know how to delete!
We’re all wrong at some point .

Some EK tickets allow for a maximum Y allowance of 30kg, some a maximum of 35kg (Y Flex Plus). In the scenario of someone flying on a Flex Plus ticket, they wouldn’t be able to check in one piece of luggage at 35kg as this is over the maximum weight per piece which most airlines use of 32kg for health and safety reasons so would have to check in at least 2 pieces with a distributed total weight of 35kg.

​​​​​​​Y Saver & Flex pax get a total allowance of 30kg per pax (not including any status allowance) and Y Special get 20kg. Anything up to 32kg would attract excess baggage charges.

Then just to add to the confusion, EK also have the piece concept from specific destinations. It’s all here in their baggage faqs https://www.emirates.com/english/before-you-fly/baggage/checked-baggage.aspx

​​​​​​​
S
Will08 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: Executive Club
Thanks everyone for your help, I've passed that on and they are making sure they stay below 30kg per person!
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Hilton Silver
EK A, B or C concourse J lounge?
Which is the best for food?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 1:00 am

I really need to burn my miles before December.
So which route is better to get some upgrade on? DXB-SIN, DXB-BKK, J to F. My final destination is Penang
Thnx
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by larzy1977
I really need to burn my miles before December.
So which route is better to get some upgrade on? DXB-SIN, DXB-BKK, J to F. My final destination is Penang
Thnx
You can just do a search on the Emirates website for an F reward. If that's available, then you'll be able to buy a J class and upgrade to F immediately.

Note, however, that a lot of the BKK services are 2 class these days, so no F.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
You can just do a search on the Emirates website for an F reward. If that's available, then you'll be able to buy a J class and upgrade to F immediately.

Note, however, that a lot of the BKK services are 2 class these days, so no F.
Only 418 onward to SYD remains (in usual scheduling).
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:53 pm

Newbie to EK here. I have travel US to India I'm trying to plan, and I'd like to get on the A380 for the long haul if possible. Also planning DXB stopover, from either IAD or JFK. I have to connect from the Midwest though which complicates the routing.

My issue here is booking my connecting flights on other carriers along with EK. Is it even possible to book a UA or BA flight on the same ticket for example? Google flights won't even pull up my full itinerary without separating every leg, I got nothing on the emirates site. Am I stuck booking separate tickets? Thus losing any possible baggage through check? Thanks for any tips here.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:27 pm

It is doable but you’ll need to contact a travel agent to put the itinerary together.

It may be expensive if the cheap fares aren’t combinable on different carriers!
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
It is doable but you’ll need to contact a travel agent to put the itinerary together.

It may be expensive if the cheap fares aren’t combinable on different carriers!
Thanks. Fortunately this is for work so I will be booking through the corporate agency regardless. What makes some combinable vs other not?

Also, does Emirates have an interline agreement with UA? They are listed on the emirates site but other sources say UA ended that relationship.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.