FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:23 pm
skywardhunter

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by bras0978
Hi all - I'm normally a Oneworld passenger so when my in-laws asked me a simple Emirates question I was flummoxed (and unable to find the answer online). I hope you can help?

They have been told that their checked baggage allowance is 30kg per person. I have managed to determine that this can be more than one bag/suitcase, e.g. 15kg and 15kg. However, I can't see whether their allowances are pooled - i.e., 60kg between the two of them, allowing them to take 3 bags of 20kg + 20kg + 20kg. If they took this approach but it turned out they had to be checked in for each individual, one of them would have to check in 40kg, and pay very high excess weight fees! They are on the same booking, so I think this should be possible, but I don't want to give them duff information. Any pointers?

Thanks in advance!
I don't think there's a policy but on the same reservation some check-in agents may be lenient. You are taking a risk however.