Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: EK
thanks hunter, i see the spot to request the room, i have to book it 48 hours before my flight, so i'll do that in Bali. much appreciated
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by nuzbim
thanks hunter, i see the spot to request the room, i have to book it 48 hours before my flight, so i'll do that in Bali. much appreciated
Why not just do it now? There's no difference, better do it now and not have to worry later
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: EK
had to call the US cust service, but she got me booked. couldn't tell me which hotel, just told me to go to the Dubai Connect desk when i get back to dxb from bali.

thx again for the help

Last edited by nuzbim; Nov 14, 2018 at 10:08 am
Old Nov 16, 2018, 11:12 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Even if all of the chauffeur services show up and available to book on an award flight booked through JAL, I pretty much need to ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist, correct?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: EK - Skywards Gold
Booking advice

Okay guys so I’m in a rough spot. I’ve a flight booked from Jed-Jfk in February and I want to visit Hyd right before I take that flight. Here’s where things get tricky, my visa to Saudi Arabia is only single entry which means once I leave for hyd I can’t really come back to Jed.
I wanted some advice on how to approach this situation. Can I skip the Jed-dxb leg and board the dxb-jfk leg from Dubai when I return from hyd to dxb.
Or should I just book a return ticket Jed-hyd-jed and since my visa will have already been used, I can be a transit passenger and board my Jed-jfk booking from there. Has anyone transited through the jeddah international terminal?

note: booking all flights on EK
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by sharik
Okay guys so I’m in a rough spot. I’ve a flight booked from Jed-Jfk in February and I want to visit Hyd right before I take that flight. Here’s where things get tricky, my visa to Saudi Arabia is only single entry which means once I leave for hyd I can’t really come back to Jed.
I wanted some advice on how to approach this situation. Can I skip the Jed-dxb leg and board the dxb-jfk leg from Dubai when I return from hyd to dxb.
Or should I just book a return ticket Jed-hyd-jed and since my visa will have already been used, I can be a transit passenger and board my Jed-jfk booking from there. Has anyone transited through the jeddah international terminal?

note: booking all flights on EK
You definitely cannot skip the jed-dxb leg, international transit on separate tickets might work, especially since all are Ek but if you're doing a direct turn not sure KSA considers it a transit. Why not amend your JFK flight to include a stopover in DXB (i.e. depart JED earlier) and then nest a separate DXB-HYD flight, or amend it to depart an easier country like Oman (MCT) or Bahrain
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE /*A Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Are there really no credit card options in Canada that can give you Skywards miles? I've done some research but can't find anything. Apparently American Express card points in the U.S. can be transferred to Emirates Skywards miles, but American Express in Canada does not give you that option.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:49 pm
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

So, short question about baggage drop-off at DXB, flying F class DXB-FCO. I know that EK recommends being at the airport T -90mins before departure, and check-in closes T-60mins before departure. However, can I still drop my baggage (having already done OLCI) between T-90 and T-60?

Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
So, short question about baggage drop-off at DXB, flying F class DXB-FCO. I know that EK recommends being at the airport T -90mins before departure, and check-in closes T-60mins before departure. However, can I still drop my baggage (having already done OLCI) between T-90 and T-60?

Thanks!
​​​​​​Check-in closes at T-60, you can drop luggage until then.
livefromtuscany likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
​​​​​​Check-in closes at T-60, you can drop luggage until then.
if you don't pass through security in DXB by T-60 you'll be denied boarding.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by m3red
if you don't pass through security in DXB by T-60 you'll be denied boarding.
Source? no BP scan IIRC
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Source? no BP scan IIRC
My boss...

In the J/F terminal you scan before you go through security. She was denied (hand baggage only) at a few mins after T-60

I wouldn't risk more than 90 mins before.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:44 pm
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by m3red
My boss...

In the J/F terminal you scan before you go through security. She was denied (hand baggage only) at a few mins after T-60

I wouldn't risk more than 90 mins before.
wow that sucks... to be denied with hand baggage only. what a pointless rule.
thanks for the heads up, will be at bag drop on time.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
So with thanks to FT, am doing my first long haul Business Class flight with Emirates from DXB to LHR tomorrow. I've flown BC on the shorter A380 routes (BKK-HKG) and think it's an awesome product.

I've got CD booked at both ends and so will have a fair bit of time to explore the lounge - but wondered if anyone had any tips on how best to maximise the experience!?

Many Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:45 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by londonba2014
So with thanks to FT, am doing my first long haul Business Class flight with Emirates from DXB to LHR tomorrow. I've flown BC on the shorter A380 routes (BKK-HKG) and think it's an awesome product.

I've got CD booked at both ends and so will have a fair bit of time to explore the lounge - but wondered if anyone had any tips on how best to maximise the experience!?

Many Thanks
Dont forget to visit the ‘Moët et Chandon’ champagne bar at the very end of the B concourse J lounge. I personally stop at the ice cream wagon on the way there and have my Moët with ice cream in peace and quiet there....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.