Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
It's common on some routes where pax tend to systematically abuse the allowances. You're complaining that they're enforcing a published allowance?

The problem with these flights (I don't like generalising but this is more prevalent on routes to India, and I fly these routes very frequently) is with everyone 5kg over suddenly the entire aircraft weighs much more but also there is not enough space for everyone's bags
How lenient is leniant? Would 30 lbs Carry-on work in business class - JFK/DXB and back.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:09 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Joseliz

How lenient is leniant? Would 30 lbs Carry-on work in business class - JFK/DXB and back.
You are allowed 2*7 Kgs in J, which is close to 30lbs. I have never seen them actually check the weight and I suspect many passengers may have a few Kgs more. A single 30lbs carry on may be pushing it a bit though. That’s not a carry on, that’s a smallish suitcase! (My own checked luggage often weighs less than that. I hate lugging heavy items around airports (especially DXB) and the priority luggage delivery service works very well with EK in my experience.)

Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
I'm not sure this is the best place to ask, but here it goes:

I am flying on JetBlue to JFK then EK to MXP. Will I have to retrieve my bags at JFK, or should they be checked through? Should I also receive my EK BP at the first airport, or will I have to wait until JFK?

I tried calling and they said I would have to "check in twice" Does EK make connecting pax re-checkin at JFK?

Thanks!
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerWx

I am flying on JetBlue to JFK then EK to MXP. Will I have to retrieve my bags at JFK, or should they be checked through? Should I also receive my EK BP at the first airport, or will I have to wait until JFK?

I tried calling and they said I would have to "check in twice" Does EK make connecting pax re-checkin at JFK?

Thanks!
B6 can theoretically interline the bags and you should get an online BP from EK so if you do need to re-check it's because of B6 Not EK
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
B6 can theoretically interline the bags and you should get an online BP from EK so if you do need to re-check it's because of B6 Not EK
Thanks for the information!

Do you know if I can do online check in for EK 48 hours before departure even if my first flight is on B6?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Thanks for the information!

Do you know if I can do online check in for EK 48 hours before departure even if my first flight is on B6?

Good question, no I'm not sure
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:56 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Thanks!
Is the entire trip on one ticket / PNR?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by thijsseh

Is the entire trip on one ticket / PNR?
Yes, it is. Same PNR and ticket.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Hi! Still learning the ropes here. Could one of you experts clarify if I am able to book an Emirates flight with AA miles? Is it possible to do that if the flight is a Qantas code share?
Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS 75K; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold
Change or cancel return portion of journey

I am booking an upcoming trip and while my outbound date is certain, my return date is not. Since EK provides the option of booking different types of fares for each direction, is it correct that for the outbound I can book the most restrictive and for the return I can book the fully flexible fare? Then, if I want to make any changes to the return, that will not incur any fees? What if I want to cancel the return entirely? Would I run into issues since normally the one-way fare is more than the roundtrip? Thanks.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:07 pm

Flying FLL to CPT connecting in Dubai. Is there an Emirates lounge or partner lounge in FLL?

Also, for layover in DXB - when we deplane, do we just go to the business lounge and wait for next flight? No immigration or security recheck?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by budg
Flying FLL to CPT connecting in Dubai. Is there an Emirates lounge or partner lounge in FLL?

Also, for layover in DXB - when we deplane, do we just go to the business lounge and wait for next flight? No immigration or security recheck?
There is no lounge at FLL but from other feedback on other sites they say you get a voucher redeemable for food/drink at the airport restaurants.

At DXB, you go through transit security (sometimes) and then proceed to the gargantuan duty free shopping mall departures level, from which you can reach the lounges. No immigration checks as you are not technically entering the UAE.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:40 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by Metanoia
There is no lounge at FLL but from other feedback on other sites they say you get a voucher redeemable for food/drink at the airport restaurants.

At DXB, you go through transit security (sometimes) and then proceed to the gargantuan duty free shopping mall departures level, from which you can reach the lounges. No immigration checks as you are not technically entering the UAE.
Exactly. But bear in mind that from arrival gate to the ‘lounge nearest your gate’ (which I would suggest using if it is your first DXB experience) can be a journey in itself, depending on where you arrive at and leave from. There are three concourses in two different buildings (connected by an underground train). It’s all well signposted, but the distances can be considerable so I usually suggest to first timers to first make their way to the right concourse before indulging in shopping (which I personally don’t do).
Metanoia likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: Miles and More
hi I am flying emirates for the first time as most of my trans atlantic routes were with lufthansa. My flight is on the 15th this month and I can't find any bid system and I remember reading they were working on it last year. Anyone know how I could get a deal on an upgrade? I normally flew Lufthansa's premium economy so I was ok. But since I have issues with my knee I would find it difficult to be a tall guy on a tiny seat with little leg room. I tired searching the forum but couldn't find much.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
There is no bid system in place yet. Upgrade are by cash, miles or OPUP. Sometimes you get an email prior to your flight offering a 'discounted' upgrade offer for a single sector e.g. USA-DXB is usually $1000 one way, which does not include chauffeur service or lounge access. If you're concerned about legroom then best bet is to try book extra legroom seats for a fee ahead of time. If you let us know which sectors, I'm sure we'd be happy to make recommendation based on a/c type.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.