Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:30 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Any guesses why EK has changed one DUS rotation from the A380 to B777? It's a destination where Emirates can easily send one of their many Airbusses to.
"Rightsizing"... or maybe A380 crew shortages
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: Aerclub, Emirates, Avois
Hi team, quick one - what would the typical cash upgrade price be, to go from economy to Business, from Dublin to Dubai? I guess from any Northern European city to Dubai. The travel agent is quoting crazy money, so I'm going to wait until I get to the airport, when they'll know what capacity is there...
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Dickerty
Hi team, quick one - what would the typical cash upgrade price be, to go from economy to Business, from Dublin to Dubai? I guess from any Northern European city to Dubai. The travel agent is quoting crazy money, so I'm going to wait until I get to the airport, when they'll know what capacity is there...
​​​​​​
unless there is a discounted upgrade offer (which you may receive by email in advance or during online check-in) EK will charge you the full fare difference
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: Aerclub, Emirates, Avois
Thanks! I'll see what happens so! ^
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:44 am

Menu update frequency

Hello,

The Emirates website only seems to show menus for the current calendar month, does this mean menus are changed monthly? This seems more frequent than other airlines. Any idea how often menus are changed and does it vary by class?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by HPSOV
Hello,

The Emirates website only seems to show menus for the current calendar month, does this mean menus are changed monthly? This seems more frequent than other airlines. Any idea how often menus are changed and does it vary by class?
​​​​​​
yes it's monthly, though dishes to repeat every so often. Same in all classes
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I can't seem to find the option to contact Skywards. Do I select the feedback form and then 'other' as category?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
I can't seem to find the option to contact Skywards. Do I select the feedback form and then 'other' as category?
Yep, or send a message on Twitter to EmiratesSupport or just call
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Yep, or send a message on Twitter to EmiratesSupport or just call
Twitter support referred me to the form, however as this is not a flight-related query I do not have a ticketnumber while this is a required field. Even for category 'other'. Any way to circumvent this? I tried 13 9's or 0's.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:38 pm

I have to travel to europe from Islamabad in april 2019. Emirates is giving 25% OFF on their miles rewards. Is there any benefit of buying miles through this deal or it will cost me the same if I just buy flights before travelling?

I can buy maximum 100,000 miles. Right now I only have 1100 points because I havent used emirates in a while

Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Saad Bassi
I have to travel to europe from Islamabad in april 2019. Emirates is giving 25% OFF on their miles rewards. Is there any benefit of buying miles through this deal or it will cost me the same if I just buy flights before travelling?

I can buy maximum 100,000 miles. Right now I only have 1100 points because I havent used emirates in a while

Thanks
It's almost certainly better to just buy a regular ticket as even on reward flights there are surcharges and taxes payable.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:58 pm

Flying from YYZ to DXB for two days and then onto CAI.

I see that Emirates offers chauffeur services for business class customers. I've booked this as an award flight with Alaska miles, am I still able to use this service ?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by jfacowns
Flying from YYZ to DXB for two days and then onto CAI.

I see that Emirates offers chauffeur services for business class customers. I've booked this as an award flight with Alaska miles, am I still able to use this service ?
No, though you might have success on arrival by showing your inbound BP and getting one assigned on the spot
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: EK
n00b questions

i'm flying from iad to dps, with a layover in dubai. leaving iad 11/17 and then leaving dxb to dps on the 24th. i assume i'll be able to collect my luggage for the week i'm in dubai?

on the way back from bali, i'm leaving dps on dec 1st, getting to dubai at 0530 and leaving on the 2nd at 2:25 am, so nearly 24 hours. do i collect my luggage here or is it sent forward to iad? am i eligible for a hotel via emirates?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:08 am

Welcome to the EK forum,

You have to collect luggage on the way to DPS, as it is over 24 hours between flights.

On the return you can ask them to short-check it only to DXB if you want to, or by default it will go all the way to IAD. Whether you are eligible for a free hotel and visa through EK depends on whether a shorter connection was available (even if more expensive) and can best be seen through Manage My Booking on the EK website, check if it offers Dubai Connect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.