Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Insaniak
Additional questions are in bold. Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions!
No issues with photos, don't take pics of other pax, the crew will gladly take a photo of you behind the J bar, with their onboard polaroid camera as well as with your own mobile phone
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:15 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
As far as food (especially mains options) is concerned: This is not one of the F highlights, its good but not 'game changing' (to use a phrase EK use for there new F offering).
When departing from Dubai, many people prefer to eat in the F lounge (depending on time of day and body clock) as the food there is much better (the F lounge is excellent in all aspects, just usually very very empty with more attendants than passengers). So bear that in mind for the return trip! At outstations, where there is no separate F lounge, the on board food is generally better than the lounge offering (especially at stations where EK don't have their own lounge).
Oh yes, as far as maximising the F experience is concerned: book a (free) 15 minute spa treatment in the lounge!
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
You can try what you want at the F self serve bar near the showers and then ask the crew to bring your choices back to the J bar. I suggested using J glassware to be discreet but hey some people like the attention. No better way to do that though than to come back to the bar with wet hair!

As for vodka, any vodka will do, they have Russian Standard and Grey Goose onboard.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:22 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by Metanoia

.... some people like the attention. No better way to do that though than to come back to the bar with wet hair!

And in your grey PJ's and slippers of course...

(on a different note: should I consider changing into these during my next trip in Y? )
Will08 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by Metanoia
As for vodka, any vodka will do, they have Russian Standard and Grey Goose onboard.
Russian Standard Imperia. Also Belvedere in F.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by thijsseh
(on a different note: should I consider changing into these during my next trip in Y? )
Why not! Though sitting around in Y in your F PJs might look a bit odd...

You could use them as a disguise and try to sneak into F
thijsseh likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by XXTSGR

Russian Standard Imperia. Also Belvedere in F.
I stand corrected, shows you how much I fly F
XXTSGR likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:39 am

miles accreditation in a throwaway ticket

Flying SYD MEL SIN MEL SYD
thinking of staying in MEL on my last leg and won't board the flight to SYD
Will I earn the whole miles from SIN to SYD and will emirates penalise me for doing this?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by cheyru
Flying SYD MEL SIN MEL SYD
thinking of staying in MEL on my last leg and won't board the flight to SYD
Will I earn the whole miles from SIN to SYD and will emirates penalise me for doing this?
Since EK don't fly MEL-SYD presumably this is a codeshare, in which case you may get the miles.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:44 pm

Advance meal selection from regular menu
My family of 4 will be flying EK for the first time DFW-DXB-NBO in J in row 7 on all legs. I've tried searching for this but haven't found it specifically addressed. If you are dining from the regular menu (not a special meal) is there any opportunity to select your entree choice prior to or at check in? I also thought I might have seen a reference to selecting the entree using the tablet upon boarding, but I can't seem to find that reference again. My wife and daughter are a little more selective in what they eat and I would love to know that they will be able to select the entree of their choice if possible. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by lovetotravelmxb
My family of 4 will be flying EK for the first time DFW-DXB-NBO in J in row 7 on all legs. I've tried searching for this but haven't found it specifically addressed. If you are dining from the regular menu (not a special meal) is there any opportunity to select your entree choice prior to or at check in? I also thought I might have seen a reference to selecting the entree using the tablet upon boarding, but I can't seem to find that reference again. My wife and daughter are a little more selective in what they eat and I would love to know that they will be able to select the entree of their choice if possible. Thanks in advance.
There unfortunately is no book-the-cook (SQ) or pre-reservation of entrees (like AA does). They appear to be 77W (777-300ER) routes so row 7 should be fine getting your first choice since they take orders front to back.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by lovetotravelmxb
EK doesn't offer such a service but you should be fine, they don't run out of food like some other airlines, J meals are also present in the F menu so there should be some extra loaded
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:14 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
EK doesn't offer such a service but you should be fine, they don't run out of food like some other airlines, J meals are also present in the F menu so there should be some extra loaded
Up till yesterday I would have heartily supported that statement.

But.... Mrs t flew DXB/CPT yesterday on EK778. Second last row in J. When the flight attendant got to her to ask for her main course choice, she asked for the lamb. He was most apologetic, but they had run out of lamb. Could he get her a second choice. No she said, I'll have the lamb... They only loaded 6 lamb mains, he said (come on, 6 of what is probably the most popular choice in a 42 seat cabin?). But I would really like the lamb, she replied. He left and later came back with ..... lamb! And no, it did not come from F as it was a 2 class frame. So he must have convinced someone else to take a different meal so he could satisfy this difficult woman (who has got Gold status, if it makes any difference although she did not use that argument).
I'm actually quite surprised (and pleased) that she stood her ground, she is normally quite 'accommodating'.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Up till yesterday I would have heartily supported that statement.

But.... Mrs t flew DXB/CPT yesterday on EK778. Second last row in J. When the flight attendant got to her to ask for her main course choice, she asked for the lamb. He was most apologetic, but they had run out of lamb. Could he get her a second choice. No she said, I'll have the lamb... They only loaded 6 lamb mains, he said (come on, 6 of what is probably the most popular choice in a 42 seat cabin?). But I would really like the lamb, she replied. He left and later came back with ..... lamb! And no, it did not come from F as it was a 2 class frame. So he must have convinced someone else to take a different meal so he could satisfy this difficult woman (who has got Gold status, if it makes any difference although she did not use that argument).
I'm actually quite surprised (and pleased) that she stood her ground, she is normally quite 'accommodating'.
Doubt that he convinced someone else, they serve in sections, his section was out of lamb, not the entire cabin, I always insist, and always end up getting my first choice. Also lamb probably wasn't the most popular dish
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:34 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Doubt that he convinced someone else, they serve in sections, his section was out of lamb, not the entire cabin, I always insist, and always end up getting my first choice. Also lamb probably wasn't the most popular dish
No, he first went to ask his colleagues and they also had no lamb left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.