Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I'm booking an EK award flight with JL miles. I'm trying to fly the new F so I'm interested in GVA or MUC to DXB. Is there a way I can see the seat map via dummy booking or some other method for the 777 that flies that route? I want to make sure I'm getting the new F which I believe is 1-1-1. Seatguru doesn't even have that config on its website yet. I don't have an expert flyer account.
I can see a seat map (at least for J and F but not sure about Y ) for ex UK flights if I do a dummy booking on expedia UK . Not sure if this will work for other destinations..
Old Sep 27, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I'll be putting in a EC261 claim if it happens (maybe use Bott & Co). This is one of the reasons EC261 was brought in - to make airlines be accountable for their actions.
Will let you know if I get downgraded. I was not aware that F-J downgrades for a miles upgrade was subject to EC261 .

It has happened to me once ex UK before and another time on LGW- DXB-DEL .

They refunded the miles for the DXB -DEL sector.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:33 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I'm booking an EK award flight with JL miles. I'm trying to fly the new F so I'm interested in GVA or MUC to DXB. Is there a way I can see the seat map via dummy booking or some other method for the 777 that flies that route? I want to make sure I'm getting the new F which I believe is 1-1-1. Seatguru doesn't even have that config on its website yet. I don't have an expert flyer account.
You won't be able to get the new F with JL miles. You can't even get it with EK miles (although somebody mentioned recently that they may open up very close to flight time).
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
You won't be able to get the new F with JL miles. You can't even get it with EK miles (although somebody mentioned recently that they may open up very close to flight time).
I actually see EK54 availability in F via JL... isn't that the new config?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Yes it does seem odd, it's been operated by a 77W since 11 September, but shows scheduled as an A388, my guess is that EK just hasn't updated the scheduling but that it is likely to be operated by a 77W. Seat maps for tomorrow and day after show 3-class A380, but even today's flight (currently in the air) is a 77W
Today's flight is again operated by an A380. So keeping my hopes up for tomorrow's flight .
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA, NZ
Have had a flight PRG - DXB that has been rescheduled creating a 10 hour layover in Dubai before connecting flight... A little frustrating as could have flown from a range of European cities and would not have chosen this if there was going to be the 10 hour layover.

Does anyone have experience with how willing EK will be to re-route from another European airport if we do not accept the rescheduled booking?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DavidTNZ
Have had a flight PRG - DXB that has been rescheduled creating a 10 hour layover in Dubai before connecting flight... A little frustrating as could have flown from a range of European cities and would not have chosen this if there was going to be the 10 hour layover.

Does anyone have experience with how willing EK will be to re-route from another European airport if we do not accept the rescheduled booking?
Is there not an earlier connecting flight to your final destination? Not sure about rerouting, they might allow MUC, but not sure, though they should provide you with a free hotel for such a connection if you want to see Dubai.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA, NZ
Is there not an earlier connecting flight to your final destination? Not sure about rerouting, they might allow MUC, but not sure, though they should provide you with a free hotel for such a connection if you want to see Dubai.
No earlier flight. PRG-DXB-AKL, so one flight a day each direction. MUC was where I was thinking instead.

I see DXB-DPS-AKL connection could be possible, so may come down to weighing up faster journey with 2 stopovers and 777, or longer with a single stopover and A380. I have seen they can provide a free hotel, but would rather not have the long layover at all. Flight is for a family member who is quite nervous about travelling alone and this isn't helping
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by DavidTNZ
No earlier flight. PRG-DXB-AKL, so one flight a day each direction. MUC was where I was thinking instead.

I see DXB-DPS-AKL connection could be possible, so may come down to weighing up faster journey with 2 stopovers and 777, or longer with a single stopover and A380. I have seen they can provide a free hotel, but would rather not have the long layover at all. Flight is for a family member who is quite nervous about travelling alone and this isn't helping
Then a stop in DPS is probably worse than a long layover in DXB. Given the length of the flight (not sure if Y or J or F, presumably Y if you're willing to consider the 777 ) the 10 hours in Dubai might actually be a good thing. Also I think there might be one trans-tasman flight left to AKL via somewhere in Australia, BNE maybe? I'm not sure, maybe that's another option. EK is really good with their call centres, and also on Twitter at @EmiratesSupport, best to just call/tweet and ask.

Also when's the flight? Maybe qualify for EC261? Not sure of the exact rules regarding rescheduling
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:36 am

direct to gate with mobile boarding pass

Hi all, I'm flying Emirates for the first time from Christchurch to Sydney.

I've checked in via the app and have a mobile boarding pass but am wondering if I have to go to the check in counter or not? I'm only traveling with carry on luggage so won't have a bag to drop + no visa is needed so I don't need to do a visa check.

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 29, 2018, 4:37 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Then a stop in DPS is probably worse than a long layover in DXB. Given the length of the flight (not sure if Y or J or F, presumably Y if you're willing to consider the 777 ) the 10 hours in Dubai might actually be a good thing. Also I think there might be one trans-tasman flight left to AKL via somewhere in Australia, BNE maybe? I'm not sure, maybe that's another option. EK is really good with their call centres, and also on Twitter at @EmiratesSupport, best to just call/tweet and ask.

Also when's the flight? Maybe qualify for EC261? Not sure of the exact rules regarding rescheduling
The SYD-CHC is the only left now. None to AKL.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:04 pm

I see that China Southern is listed as one of the airlines that EK interlines baggage with.

If i have a separate ticket would EK still provide this service?
I"ll be in F on EK and C for CZ.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:22 am

Pax moved from paid seat

On my flight frm PRG to DXB few days ago, I saw this very bizzare incident ,(if u can call it incident). A passenger have booked & paid a seat in emergency exit; (row 41)and apparently was allocated seat on row 42 in his BP. If I overheard correctly, he's a Platinum member. Obviously he wasn't very happy to be moved after paying for the seat, but luckily nobody else occupied that seat & he could sit on the exit row seat.
I booked the flight approx 2 mths before so I'm pretty sure that there hasn't been any aircraft change within the last 2 mths.
That man does look physically fit as well and I believe he'll be more than capable to assist the crew had smthg happened and emergency asssistance is required.
I wonder how this mess-up could happen? Has it happened to anyone before?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by cheyru
On my flight frm PRG to DXB few days ago, I saw this very bizzare incident ,(if u can call it incident). A passenger have booked & paid a seat in emergency exit; (row 41)and apparently was allocated seat on row 42 in his BP. If I overheard correctly, he's a Platinum member. Obviously he wasn't very happy to be moved after paying for the seat, but luckily nobody else occupied that seat & he could sit on the exit row seat.
I booked the flight approx 2 mths before so I'm pretty sure that there hasn't been any aircraft change within the last 2 mths.
That man does look physically fit as well and I believe he'll be more than capable to assist the crew had smthg happened and emergency asssistance is required.
I wonder how this mess-up could happen? Has it happened to anyone before?
If he's plat he didn't pay, it's free. He mightve accidentally chosen row 42 thinking its the first row, happens sometimes on some seat maps
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:57 am

If he's plat he didn't pay, it's free. He mightve accidentally chosen row 42 thinking its the first row, happens sometimes on some seat maps

he might b on Y saver so he still have to pay.
he repeatedly saying to the FA: I paid already CZK 3k (or whatever amount I cant remember exactly)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.